Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

A Fork in the Road (Private; Matabei)

A Fork in the Road (Private; Matabei) Empty A Fork in the Road (Private; Matabei)

Post by Guest 4th February 2014, 6:03 am

It had been only a few months since the last time he'd been here. Six months maybe? Time passed so fast nowadays that it had been hard to keep up. Hell, it had been around nine months since that day in Era. Marick sighed, his eyes overlooking the ocean as he sat on the edge of Serene Cliff. He rarely came here but, given how this was the place he met a certain someone, it made sense to meet her here again. This certain someone was Matabei, a woman who had caught his attention in a whole different way to most. She was, he considered, one of the closest friends and allies he had, even if she was a bit difficult at times. That was just a part of her nature. It was because of his knowledge of her that he knew she wasn't going to take his news well.

Marick had completed a job with Sabertooth's guildmaster Zenshin just a couple of days ago and had been impressed by the man's attitude and acceptance of Marick's ambitions, even if he did have his own views on it. What was more, he had offered Marick a place in Sabertooth, something no-one else had done. The two had worked well together and, after considering the offer, he decided to accept it so as to learn more about being a guildmaster. Of course, he was more than aware of what Matabei would think, and he wouldn't judge her for anything she might say when he would announce his decision.

Yet despite being confident in his decision, Marick was afraid; afraid of losing Matabei for good. The thought had stuck with him ever since he'd agreed to join the guild. He sighed and continued to watch over the waves, dreading the ever-looming moment that he'd have to inform Matabei of what he was doing.
    Lucille Grove
    Lucille Grove

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Other Half
    Position : None
    Guild : Tartarus
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Raylard Wayne
    Experience : 4000

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Blood Lust
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

A Fork in the Road (Private; Matabei) Empty Re: A Fork in the Road (Private; Matabei)

Post by Lucille Grove 4th February 2014, 8:23 am

Matabei's face was unnaturally set in a serene expression. She was on her way to meet Marick at the Serene Cliff for a meeting, about what she didn't know but she would gladly talk to him about anything he needed. Matabei thought about her friendship with Marick, sure he was a man and she generally hated men, but he had been nothing but a kind and good friend to her. Matabei was glad to have him as someone she trusted, and had nothing but respect for the man.

Matabei, wearing her outfit which she had grown accustomed to wearing now, walked into the clearing with the smile still on her face. She had a small nervous feeling in her gut, but Matabei decided it was nothing and just waved to him as she walked over near him. "Hey Marick!" Matabei's voice was different, it wasn't her normal sarcastic tone she used with people or a seductive one, no this one was kind and soft, even with the volume it was at. Matabei walked over towards him, the sway in her walk still there even if she wasn't being seductive. "You wanted to talk to me about something?"

_____________________________________________________________________________________

A Fork in the Road (Private; Matabei) FRU1Cmr
    A Fork in the Road (Private; Matabei) S9dTX6I
    Lucille
    Armory
    Blood Lust/Speed Force

A Fork in the Road (Private; Matabei) Empty Re: A Fork in the Road (Private; Matabei)

Post by Guest 4th February 2014, 8:38 am

"Hey Marick!"

The call from the silence broke Marick out of his thoughtful state and back to reality with like a punch to the gut - and his stomach didn't feel much different either. He got to his feet and tried his best to smile at his friend, although it was probably obvious that something was up.

"You wanted to talk to me about something?"

Marick nodded, his smile immediately leaving his face. He felt somewhat guilty about this and he was worried how she'd react to his decision. With her still being in Savage Skull and him joining Sabertooth, they'd essentially be on opposite ends of the spectrum at least for a while, and that was assuming that she didn't turn her back on him completely for his decision.

"Yeah...although I'm not sure exactly how to go about putting it..." he replied with a sigh. He looked out at the ocean once more, allowing its serenity to calm his nerves at least a little. "I've been thinking about the future...and what it holds for me. I want to build a guild up for people like us; a guild for those who maybe aren't dedicated to either side of this 'legal versus dark' that seems to forever cast a shadow over Fiore, and to build a home for those of us in the middle ground who are pulled into the turmoil whether we like it or not."

He took a short pause before looking at Matabei. "But I don't have the experience for that kind of work, nor have I shown an inkling of responsibility in my life up until recent months. Right now I'm not cut out for it all. I need to become stronger, to gain experience and learn from those who have done it or are doing it right now...and that is why I've called you here. I've been given an opportunity to do exactly that...I know you're not going to like it, but it's necessary for the long term...

...I'm joining Sabertooth."
    Lucille Grove
    Lucille Grove

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lucille Grove 5th February 2014, 6:16 am

Matabei noticed her friend looked nervous about something, but shrugged it off as nothing. Maybe he was nervous and wanted to talk about how he was going to propose to a woman? Maybe he wanted some advice on something she could give advice on? Whatever it was, Matabei was sure she could help him out, it was never a problem for her to help a friend. Friends.....Its so nice to have them."

"I've been thinking about the future...and what it holds for me. I want to build a guild up for people like us; a guild for those who maybe aren't dedicated to either side of this 'legal versus dark' that seems to forever cast a shadow over Fiore, and to build a home for those of us in the middle ground who are pulled into the turmoil whether we like it or not." Matabei had a bad feeling growing in her gut, and she was certain that she would not like the rest of this conversation. She continued listening with a smile on her face, one that would vanish soon enough with the next words out of Marick's mouth. "But I don't have the experience for that kind of work, nor have I shown an inkling of responsibility in my life up until recent months. Right now I'm not cut out for it all. I need to become stronger, to gain experience and learn from those who have done it or are doing it right now...and that is why I've called you here. I've been given an opportunity to do exactly that...I know you're not going to like it, but it's necessary for the long term...

...I'm joining Sabertooth."

Silence reigned throughout the area as Matabei lowered her head so that her hair covered her eyes. She shook slightly, trying to withhold her tears and anger, before she lept at Marick and swung her right fist out trying to connect with his face. Despite connecting or not connecting, her arm would be still extended and she would fall to the ground on her knees and start crying softly, the sobs being able to be heard only so far away. Matabei looked up at Marick, tears running down her cheeks. Matabei was upset, truly sad her friend would do something like this to her. "You bastard!" She managed to say through her sobs. Matabei stayed on her knees while still crying, not able to stop crying. "You know how I feel about legal guilds, why would you do this!" Matabei knew she was sort of overreacting, with Kara being in a legal guild and all as well. But with Kara, Matabei could stand various members of her guild as they were fairly new and rebuilding. Lamia wasn't Sabertooth, whom had a wizard saint as their guild leader. Sabertooth would never approve of her, and they would never accept her. Not someone with such a dark path which they followed such as her.

"Why.......Marick. You know my stance on this. So why? WHY?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Lucille
    Armory
    Blood Lust/Speed Force

Post by Guest 5th February 2014, 7:01 am

Marick knew she would react badly. He'd expected her to lash out and he had no intentions of stopping her from doing so. As he hand shot upwards he merely caught her wrist in his left hand, keeping the grip loose and releasing it entirely as she fell to her knees. He closed his eyes and looked down. He couldn't bare to look her in the eyes right now, even if what he was doing was for their benefit in the long run. He simply listened in silence as she sobbed quietly.

"Why.......Marick. You know my stance on this. So why? WHY?"

He didn't have an answer to this, or at least not an answer that Matabei would accept. Nonetheless he didn't dare to remain silent, through fear of upsetting her further. "You've always trusted me even if my decisions might seem questionable at first. This is one of those times where I'm asking for you to trust my judgement...and I promise, one day, I will make it up to you." he replied calmly, keeping as warm a tone as possible as he kneeled down in front of the Savage Skull mage, a risky move that would probably result in another punch. Nonetheless he had to get her to look him in the eyes so he could speak with her further.

"Matabei...look at me."
    Lucille Grove
    Lucille Grove

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lucille Grove 5th February 2014, 8:03 am

Matabei looked up at Marick when he told her too. Her eyes were already red and puffy from the crying she was doing, and it didn't seem as if the tears would stop. Matabei had enough of losing friends, she thought Marick would always hold her thoughts in high regard when he did anything. But to her, this was a stab in the back. This was an absolutely terrible thing to do, as he would be at the whims of Magic Council. If anything, she hated someone who would very well allow themselves to be bossed around by the Magic Council. Matabei started to get furious, she couldn't believe Marick would sell out like that! Marick was her first real male friend, and he went and did this without her opinion! Rat Bastard. She growled mentally, and her face turned into an expression of rage. She looked at Marick, her eyes drilling a hole through his skull. "Trust your judgement!?" She yelled out in a fit of rage. Matabei could tell she was overreacting, but this was something she would have to say now or it would eat away at her in the long run. "This isn't a half concocted plan, or a silly idea to get laid you happen to had while drunk. This is something you know I have a problem with! And yet you still did it without me giving my two god damn cents!" Matabei stood at full height and backed away from Marick some, trying to not attempt to kill her friend. Matabei shook still, the tears stopped by now but her movements were all from rage.

"So why should I trust this judgement of yours? Is it for my benefit? Or....." Matabei's face grew dark and grim, wanting to know if she would have to defend herself now. She took another step back from the card user and kept a wary eye on him. "Are you going to try and get rid of me? Help your new friends out by getting rid of a future problem..." Matabei asked, her mind falling back into its pit of insanity. Her sanity tried to fight its way out, but Matabei knew this might be something she would have to keep in mind. Marick had new people he fought for, thus he might have new things on his agenda. Matabei's voice had lost its kind tone and went back to its normal tone. "If that's the case then expect a fight."

Lucille
    Armory
    Blood Lust/Speed Force

Post by Guest 5th February 2014, 8:16 am

She'd exploded. Clearly any idea of talking sense into her would have to wait right now. Instead he simply let her scream at him, taking the words in and letting her vent, but remaining silent once again. That was until she questioned his loyalty to her, to which he stepped forwards and gripped her shoulders, and a gaze that was both forceful and yet genuine. "I would never EVER turn on a friend, even if my own life depended on it! Don't you EVER think that I would do that! You are my friend first Matabei, and a dark mage second. Your life comes above anything I may be requested to do." Once he'd finished speaking he loosened his grip and let go.

"I didn't consult you because there was no other choice. No other alternative. I cannot get the knowledge I need to succeed without stepping out of my own comfort zone; OUR comfort zone. Do you honestly think I'm completely happy with this decision? Of course I'm not! But if I don't then everything I've done for you, for Hidate, for Kara, and for everyone back at the tavern will have been for nought!

I knew that this would upset you, and the idea of doing that was what made me hesitate the most. You have every right to be pissed off. But I'm not changing my mind."
    Lucille Grove
    Lucille Grove

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lucille Grove 5th February 2014, 9:37 am

"Don't you dare touch me like that again." Matabei growled once Marick was done with his rant. She was pissed, and that might have been an understatement. He wasn't trying to convince her that his idea was great, but he did manage to get through with how he thought it was the only way. "And what do you mean our comfort zone? Are you really uncomfortable with doing this?" Matabei questioned harshly. She figured if it was uncomfortable he wouldn't do it, or at least seem more unhappy with doing this than it looked. He didn't seem to even think the idea wasn't comfortable in some way. Matabei felt something poke in her mind again, but continued to rant at Marick and ignore it. "You're damn right im pissed! This idea is completely stupid! What knowledge do you need other than your own?! This is a completely stupid idea." Matabei lifted her right fist and made to hit Marick, but stopped when her fist was only an inch away from his face. Matabei let her arm go slack to her side and sighed, her sanity coming through slightly. "But. In spite of all that, you are trying to do this for all of us. And thus......I will not argue any further on this. But," Matabei continued with a sharp tone, but her kind and gentle side once again showing while she spoke. "I want to meet this guild master at some point. I don't care if he tries to kill me after, I just want to meet him so I can see if he's worthy for you to be under." Matabei told Marick in a tone that mentioned she wasn't going to take no as an answer. And she wasn't, no matter how bad things might have gotten.

Lucille
    Armory
    Blood Lust/Speed Force

Post by Guest 5th February 2014, 10:45 am

Marick didn't even flinch as Matabei brought her hand up again. He was more than prepared to take the hit this time, although admittedly he was a little relieved when she stopped herself just short of his cheek.

"It isn't just the knowledge that I lack, but the confidence in my own level of responsibility. I've been selfish almost all my life. I'm joining Sabertooth as a way of bettering myself as a person. I don't expect you to understand because we've both grown and developed in different ways..." He could tell he wasn't doing the best of jobs of convincing her, so he opted to simply give up. She'd accepted his decision, albeit grudgingly, and asked only to meet Zenshin. On the one hand it could be an incredibly risky move on her part. But there again, Marick trusted her decision on this. Besides, he could speak with Zenshin in advance and convince him not to harm her. The two seemed to have developed a mutual respect during their job, a respect he may have to exploit.

"I will speak with Zenshin about meeting with you as soon as I've gotten used to my surroundings...give it a couple of days and I'll send a letter out to you, or find you to tell you in person."
    Lucille Grove
    Lucille Grove

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lucille Grove 6th February 2014, 5:31 am

Matabei sighed as her small bout of insanity passed. She was still heavily convinced that Marick's idea was not a good one, but she would go along with it as long as the card user felt it was the only way. But Matabei knew that if she didn't like the Guild Master of Sabertooth, that problems would arise when it came time to question Marick's loyalty. She wouldn't say it out loud, of course she always had questions about a person's loyalty to anything, but she would certainly think about it as long as he was in Sabertooth.

"Fine by me Marick." Matabei's voice was once again soft and kind, just like how she would talk to a friend. "Just inform me whenever you manage to get the chance. Meeting time and place, and if I should wear a fancy dress or not." Matabei giggled at the end of her sentence, joking about the fancy dress part. There was no way Marick would ever get her to wear a dress period, but she figured it was all in good fun to show she still wasn't incredibly angry with him. Matabei turned around from Marick and began to walk out of the clearing and back towards normal civilization. Matabei stopped at the edge of the clearing, turning her head back to Marick one last time before she vanished out of his sight.

"You are one of the most selfless people I know Marick. If it takes being in this guild for you to figure it out, then so be it. Just know that I am putting all of my faith in you on this, and that if you fail me I will castrate you without hesitation." And with that last joke at the end, Matabei had disappeared from Marick's sight, not to be seen again for a while.

[Exit: Matabei]

Lucille
    Armory
    Blood Lust/Speed Force

Current date/time is 7th May 2024, 11:45 am