Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Combo Card Magic

Sumdumguy

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Dragon's Spirit
    Position : None
    Guild : None, cause she's smart like that
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Melody Lorelei (Supposedly Deceased)
    Experience : 1491

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

In Progress Re: Combo Card Magic

Post by Sumdumguy 11th August 2014, 1:34 pm

RyoKnetegawa wrote:Magic

Primary Magic: Combo Card Magic
    Secondary Magic:
    Caster or Holder: Holder
    Description:
    Combo card magic consists of combining different card decks to perform various acts and spells. This magic consists of combining several decks and using them to work in sync for powerful spells or even on their own to produce various results.
    The first deck is the elements deck this is a deck of fifty four cards with various different types of elements printed on them. All the elements are represented in this deck Fire, Water, Earth, Lightning, Wind, Metal, Light, and Dark. If they are used solo the card takes on the property of that element and strike them as if they were made of that element.
    The second deck is the usage deck this deck consists of two different color sets that possess several different types of pictures that allow the element cards to be used in various ways. The black cards allow the element cards to be used offensively; there are melee cards, shot cards, detonation cards, and enhancement cards. The white cards are used defensively there are, Shield cards, repel cards, Cancel cards, and Absorb cards.
    The third deck is a deck of simple every day playing cards. Alone these cards can be thrown to deal damage equal to half that of a D rank spell, and have no element affinity, but they can also be used with enhancement cards, and element cards to produce a variety of other attacks and spells.
    The fourth and final deck is a deck of combined tarot cards. These cards are special, and with Ryo's magic he has the ability to draw the cards he needs in order to cast whatever spell he wants to at the time.
    Strengths:
    -Versatility: Since the combinations can be made to become nearly anything the situations Ryo has a variety of tricks to pull out of his hat.
    -Combos: Combination magic can be used to make the cards perform even more devastating attacks.
    - Variety Speaks: the sheer variety of attacks and combinations means that the attacks can never be predictable.
    Weaknesses:
    -Cost: While cool down and individual magic cost is usually low it allows fast almost rapid fire usage of spells. However this repeated usage must be done carefully as fast agile enemies will evade the attacks and force Ryo to rapidly devour his magic reserves.
    -Broken: The cards when they are destroyed are returned to the deck box, but they are unable to be used again so once a specific combo is performed it will be a long time before the same type can be used.
    -Random Draw: the drawing of both sets of cards is completely random, and Ryo has no way to tell what combinations he will get, or what cards he will draw.
    -Held: He can’t hold more than 9 cards in his hand he can combine these cards from the three decks as he sees fit.
    -No Solo B/W: The black and white cards can’t be played without an element card; but the element cards can be used solo.
    Abilities/Powers:
    -Damaging Cards: Allows the user to throw cards (any cards) and do damage with them as if the user had actually delivered a punch. They have a 10 meter throwing range and a flying speed of 10 m/s.
    -Tarot Readings: Ryo can use his tarot card deck to tell people’s fortunes, if they are true or not only he truly knows.
    -Slight of hand: With his magic Ryo has mastered the art of slight of hand and can perform all kinds of tricks with very little effort.
    Shuffle: The user may shuffle his deck every 4 posts of combat, allowing for a change in cards and to bring cards back up from the bottom of his deck. This effect can reduce the cool downs of specific spells reducing their cool downs by 1.

Spells

Signature Spells:
    D Rank Spells:

C Rank Spells:
    B Rank:

RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Knight VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- S-Rank- Character History!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Conqueror's Courage
    Position : Saint of Fate
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Mentor : Amelia
    Experience : 250,981

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Combo Card Magic
    Second Skill: Blood Master Maic
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 11th August 2014, 1:44 pm

edited

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Combo Card Magic - Page 2 Au9DYh5
    Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    Sumdumguy

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Dragon's Spirit
    Guild : None, cause she's smart like that
    Mentor : Melody Lorelei (Supposedly Deceased)
    Experience : 1491

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Sumdumguy 11th August 2014, 1:46 pm

Approved~
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Knight VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- S-Rank- Character History!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 29th August 2014, 6:42 am

Added
    C Rank- Card Cone, Element Beam
    B Rank- Magic Hats, Card Clone

all are ready to be edited.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    Grizzly
    Grizzly

Planeswalker

Planeswalker

X-Mas Event Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Vulcan
    Guild : Guildless
    Experience : 135

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Barrier Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Grizzly 2nd September 2014, 3:05 am

Nicely done, approved.

Lyserg - Grizz - Sinbad

Character
    Aria Beleren
    Aria Beleren

Cosmic Soul

Cosmic Soul

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Legal Guild Ace- S-Rank- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Christmas Event Winner- Hero- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Mentor : Memnarch
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Tergiversation Arts
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Aria Beleren 9th September 2014, 7:20 pm

moved to WIP for S rank addition per absence of Zenshin.

Themes:
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 11th September 2014, 5:06 pm

Ready for Rank up. Edits as follows

C Rank:
    Element shield, and High Velocity Card added
    B Rank:
    Blink upgraded and changed
    A Ranks added
    S Ranks Added, Attack combo changed to S rank in signature spells.

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 13th September 2014, 5:28 pm

Bump

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 15th September 2014, 11:06 pm

Bump #2

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    Chaotic Rumble
    Chaotic Rumble

Dark Insanity

Dark Insanity

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Tournament Participation Badge- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Corrupted King of Knights
    Position : King Of Kings
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sapphiron ; The Shadow
    Experience : 601,187

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Refraction : Sword King
    Second Skill: N/A (for now)
    Third Skill:

Post by Chaotic Rumble 16th September 2014, 7:54 am

Right, since no one has reviewed this and you have asked for my assistance, I shall be reviewing this with you.

For your signature spell, you imply that multiple cards may be used, but that's not actually specifically stated, unless I somehow skipped it... Either way, if it's not clearly stated that multiple cards can be used, then just put that down in the description, so no potential confusion takes place. For the Detonation Type, the words "shoot out" pop up to me, and while we're given an AoE, we've got no range for the distance it can actually travel before it explodes automatically by itself, so I'd like that please. For your melee type, a 1 post duration seems really short to me, so I'd say if you get a melee card, you can have a duration for up to 3 posts. Finally, since, this entire magic is up to luck for the most part, I have no problem that this spell has a lower than normal CD, however, can't be a 2 post CD; S-Rank is S-Rank, at the end of the day, so I'd like you to please increase the CD to 4 or 5 posts (giving you the option.)

Elemental Shield - Seems fine to me.

High Velocity Card - You can give this spell the ability to pierce through barriers that are the spells rank or lower; for a potential weakness to this, if the card has an element which is weaker than the barrier, it merely damages it, and at the same time, the only time this spell is able to break through barriers of higher rank is if the element used on the card is naturally stronger than the barrier. This is a choice, though not required at all.

Blink - You may increase the number of uses to 3 before it goes into CD, and increase the duration by a post, though, it is required that you up this spell's CD by 1 post, since that's the minimum for any non-signature B-Rank spell.

Card Clone - ANY hit can cause this beast to be destroyed? That's not good at all; very underpowered. All I need to do, essentially, is just poke this guy, and suddenly, he's defeated. I'd say give him the durability for an A-Rank and a half (so in other words, he can withstand an A-Rank attack, and then take on B-Rank damage, or the equivalent to, before he is destroyed). I'd say increase the range that Damaging Cards for this clone up to 15 meters.

Card Creation Animal - Underpowered, again xD. You're using an incredible amount of cards to summon the animal, which, for you, is a heavy price, from what I understand by reading your magic. If that's the case, since you're paying such a price, you can power this guy up. Give him the durability of 3 A-Rank hits, IF you want to. If you're really going to be insistent of having it deal less damage per hit, I'd say have it reduced by a factor of half a rank, since, really, I just need to hit it with 3 D-Rank spells and suddenly, it only deals D-Rank worth of damage, which shouldn't really happen so easily with a kickass A-Rank spell, should it?

Orbital Card Strike - I like it. If you want, you can completely erase the "prep" ability, or reduce the time it needs to be with you by half; you can reduce the CD to 7 posts.

Defense Combo - Alright for the most part, however, you CAN increase the duration to 3 posts at least if you want to, but you must increase the CD to at least 8 posts, since that's the minimum for each S-Rank non-signature spell.

Card God - ...I can see what this spell is, and for that reason, I'm okay with it. Just reduce the duration by 1 post, and the amount of cards your wings can shoot to 15 in total.

Well, that's it, mate. Nice job on the magic; most of the time I was just like "Well, why has he made this weaker than it can be?" Again, it's up to you whether or not you make use of the things I said in terms of making them stronger.

If there is something you'd like to say in regards to my comments and the likes, be sure to address it in your next post. That aside...

Bump once prepared for the next review~

Combo Card Magic - Page 2 V4W5D0r

Bank

Seru's Main Theme

Spoiler:

Seru's Battle theme

Spoiler:
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 16th September 2014, 11:42 am

All of the edits have been made.

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    Chaotic Rumble
    Chaotic Rumble

Dark Insanity

Dark Insanity

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Tournament Participation Badge- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Chaotic Rumble 16th September 2014, 12:41 pm

Almost. You just forgot to increase the CD of Blink to 4 posts, and it's all good; very minor fix.

I almost forgot to say this, but be sure to write down in Creation Animal that the damage cannot go down further than D-Rank.

Final bump once this is done~

Bank

Seru's Main Theme

Spoiler:

Seru's Battle theme

Spoiler:
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 17th September 2014, 3:59 am

I don't really see the point of that last thing seeing as the beast is destroyed by the time it would hit D rank. But okay then. Edited and Added.

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    Chaotic Rumble
    Chaotic Rumble

Dark Insanity

Dark Insanity

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Chaotic Rumble 20th September 2014, 2:20 am

Actually, not at all, because the way you word it, ANY hit, regardless of rank, makes it weaker, hence; people can exploit the writing like that, should they desire to.

Anyways, apologies for not being here till now, but I suddenly had to leave for 2 days.

'Tis approved!

Bank

Seru's Main Theme

Spoiler:

Seru's Battle theme

Spoiler:
    Lumina Rubyscale
    Lumina Rubyscale

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Rising Star- Player 
    Lineage : Rubyscale Juggernaught
    Guild : Eclipse Soul

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Rose Dragon Slayer
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lumina Rubyscale 11th November 2014, 6:53 am

Unlocked and Moved to Fix spelling error and add a weakness to ability that has only 2

Combo Card Magic - Page 2 QGrxNTU
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 11th November 2014, 7:02 am

edited: Fixed issue with Burning cards spell.
    Also fixed several spelling and grammar errors in various other spells.

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    Lumina Rubyscale
    Lumina Rubyscale

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Rising Star- Player 
    Lineage : Rubyscale Juggernaught
    Guild : Eclipse Soul

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Rose Dragon Slayer
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lumina Rubyscale 11th November 2014, 7:04 am

Approved

Combo Card Magic - Page 2 QGrxNTU
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 12th December 2014, 2:01 pm

Fixed some minor issues with my magic and added the new subsections that were missing.

Ready to approve

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    Aayla
    Aayla

Knight of Water

Knight of Water

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Dragon Slayer- A-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Pluto
    Cosmic Coins : 15
    Mentor : Hydrianna (Water Dragon), Deniel (Takeover)
    Experience : 8500

Character Sheet
    First Skill: 3rd Generation Water Dragon Slayer
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Aayla 12th December 2014, 5:01 pm

First thing is first Ryo, we are no longer using innate abilities, only regular abilities, so please adjust that as you need them.

Combo Card Magic - Page 2 Fc9659f1-c886-4f01-a734-cae0d61afbaf_zpsh3e1k6vj
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 12th December 2014, 11:55 pm

Edited and ready to go.

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 16th December 2014, 9:37 pm

3 day bump

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 19th December 2014, 4:03 am

bump

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    Chelvaric
    Chelvaric

Kitty Avenger

Kitty Avenger

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Rising Star- Demon Slayer- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Marksman's Aim
    Guild : Baselisk Fang
    Mentor : Spirit Of Chelvaric Vhalru
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ragnarok Phoenix
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Chelvaric 17th March 2015, 12:43 pm

Combo Card Magic - Page 2 OsrTydV

Combo Card Magic - Page 2 Bakugou.Katsuki.600.1932217

It is a man’s heart which sets the world aflame..

magic bank /Character

Combo Card Magic - Page 2 Beigecat
    King Elyx

The Vanquisher

The Vanquisher

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- God Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Quatro and Stella
    Position : In bed with the harem
    Guild : Golden Phoenix
    Experience : 1,538,536.25

Character Sheet
    First Skill: ???
    Second Skill: ???
    Third Skill:

Post by King Elyx 10th October 2015, 9:51 am

Unlocked at the users request
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 6th November 2015, 1:11 pm

Reflector Card C rank spell added and ready to be reviewed.

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:

Current date/time is 17th May 2024, 3:32 am