Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The Apprentice (Solo)

RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Knight VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- S-Rank- Character History!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Conqueror's Courage
    Position : Saint of Fate
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Amelia
    Experience : 250,981

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Combo Card Magic
    Second Skill: Blood Master Maic
    Third Skill:

The Apprentice (Solo) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Apprentice (Solo)

Post by RyoKnetegawa 26th June 2014, 1:06 am

Amelia looked to Ryo with a soft smile “Tell me. When you do tarot readings what is it you feel?” Ryo blinked as he looked at his teacher very confused “I’m not entirely sure what you mean…” she smiled as she pulled out her deck of playing cards “You see my student. I am capable of doing something amazing with my tarot cards…” she closed her eyes and slowly the projection on the card began to move and come to life. Ryo watched in awe at what he was witnessing. He couldn’t believe that such a thing was even capable with their magic.

She smiled as she saw what was happening with Ryo and nodded her head once “You are different from me. You have a gift deep inside of you Ryo. Something you can do that even I can’t with these cards. I am sure that you can actually reach the other side. You see these simple Tarot cards give the readers access to another side. Another world entirely; you have an ability to reach even deeper than I could ever dream of. I think you have a bond to the other side…I am almost certain of it. In fact that is the only bet I’d ever make.”

Ryo took out his own deck of Tarot cards and looked at them. He couldn’t deny that he felt something deep within himself that was connected to the cards in his hand. They held a special kind of power and that was more than he could feel. He couldn’t ever explain it to her at first, but when he first started to read Tarot cards he could feel that his predictions and readings were the truth, and were a message from something much wiser than himself. He didn’t know what to call it, but what he did know was that he had a great love for the cards in his hand and the world they allowed him to peak into every now and then with their permission. He looked up at his teacher with a smile on his face nodding “You know Mistress for the first time in a long time I truly feel the promise behind your words.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The Apprentice (Solo) - Page 2 Au9DYh5
    Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Knight VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- S-Rank- Character History!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 3rd July 2014, 10:43 pm

Amelia smiled and she nodded her head lightly “Very well then Ryo it’s time I actually taught you something. How about a brand new spell?” she stood up and pulled out seven playing cards and a single tarot card. Ryo couldn’t see what was on the card, but he wasn’t sure he was going to like it. When Amelia leapt back away from him and threw the cards he got up getting ready to try and get away from the attack that was coming at him. Instead however he watched as all the playing cards turned into seven different sexy girls with huge chests, and very skimpy bathing suits that looked like they were about to snap off of them.

Ryo’s face went as white as a sheet and he couldn’t even fathom what he was witnessing. He just stared completely dumbfounded at the girls gulping and trying not to come off as a huge pervert. Sadly it wasn’t working and his resolve only faltered even more when they latched themselves onto him and started to saw how sexy he looked. How cute he was, and how they wanted to go home with him. He was just too shocked for words and finally he passed out due to shock right there.

He came to when his head hit the ground and he swore loudly sitting up. As he looked up he saw Amelia laughing her ass off at him pointing as well “Oh my gods. That was the best reaction I’ve ever seen! Oh my gods I didn’t think it would actually work that well!” Ryo shot up to his feet in a rage “What kind of perverted spell was that!? Are you crazy?!” Amelia smiled as she held up the ‘lovers’ tarot card “Oh I call it my Sexy Lady spell. It’s supposed to be that perverted in order to catch the enemy off guard. I told you that I've started to make new spells myself, and this is just one of the few of them. Since sparing told me so much about you it is clear that I need to teach you a few things and so I shall do just that, and teach you a few important spells that I have come up with as of late. I hope you are ready to become my student once again Ryo. I've got a lot to teach you.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 5th July 2014, 7:44 pm

She pulled up the cards and showed it to him as she explained “I told you Tarot Cards have magic of their own. This is one such spell that takes advantage of that fact. Go ahead pull out this card yourself. I’m sure you’ve got your own.” He wasn’t about to ask how she could possibly know that and instead he simply reached into his tarot deck box and found the card that his teacher wanted him to find. When he held it up she smiled and nodded her head “Good. Now focus your magic into it and then throw it like all your other spells. Trust me it’ll work.”

Ryo did exactly what he was told and focused his magic into the tarot card making it glow before he threw it. As it flew it transformed into the woman that he had seen from Amelia’s own menagerie. Meanwhile his teacher smiled at him “You can imagine the girls to be however you want. It’s really limited to that. You can have up to seven girls, and if you add an enhancement card to it you’ll double them to fourteen. They will then grab a person and hold onto them. Problem is it only works on straight men, or gay women. That’s the catch twenty two of that.”

As his teacher spoke Ryo listened until suddenly he thought of something and asked the question “So tell me Mistress how are you able to use just playing cards and uses cards? After all we haven’t been able to do that before.” Amelia giggled softly “No you couldn’t. I on the other hand can do just that. Now that you are stronger then you can focus your magic much better. However there is a slight problem with it. You can only use the shield function of white uses card, but the shot, detonation, and melee black uses cards can be used just fine. Why don’t you go ahead and try it out Ryo.”

Ryo looked at his teacher very skeptically, but pulled up a melee uses card and a playing card and held them together in one hand channeling his magic into the two cards. He watched and waited. He didn’t have to wait long and suddenly the cards began to form into a blade made of cards was in his hand and he stood there staring in absolute amazement and what he had just done.

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 11th July 2014, 4:17 am

Ryo blinked ever so softly as he slowly pulled out the ‘lovers’ tarot card from his tarot deck. He looked at it very skeptically he really wasn’t sure what he was going to do with the card, but he figured that it would be something interesting. He pulled up five playing cards just as his teacher had told him and he looked at her again sighing softly “Are you sure about this? I don’t think this is a good idea…” Amelia laughed ever so softly shaking her head “Just go ahead and do it. I’m tired of waiting I want to see you use this spell.” Ryo sighed shaking his head again “Good lord. Are you serious? Well here goes nothing I suppose…”

He threw all six of the cards as far from him as he possibly could. It didn’t take them long before they formed into various different women. A red head, a brunette, a black haired girl, a blonde, and finally a girl with forest green hair; the only thing that these women had in common was the fact they all had enormous chests, and backsides. Creating a near perfect hourglass figure. When they turned and all rushed for Amelia her face was hit with blush and blood started to slowly drip from her nose. They all clung to her saying how sexy she was, how pretty, and how they all loved her. Ryo watched with his mouth agape completely shocked. After a moment however Amelia smiled and started to get into it admiring her student’s handy work. Ryo shook his head and snapped his fingers the spell canceling and the girls vanishing without another word or sound.

Amelia sighed as she looked over at him with a pouting look on her face “Aww come on! I was just starting to really enjoy that! If only you could’ve kept that going for longer the two of us could’ve had some real fun, and maybe even had a good day here. It’s just a shame there isn’t a bed here big enough for that.” He rolled his eyes once more shaking his head “yeah…that’s not a thing…not now, not ever. I see you as my mother…That whole little monologue was totally creepy, and disturbing.”

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 2nd August 2014, 5:11 pm

Amelia giggled to herself as she enjoyed how embarassed Ryo was over such a simple spell. Still it was kind of cute, and Amelia couldn't deny that this was in part why she loved Ryo so much. He was always so honorable, and so noble that such a petty trick couldn't really upset, or get Ryo in much of a fuss. Not beyond just slight uncomfort. She then thought a moment and smiled "You seem to have even more power and potential than when I sent you away on your own. I can't help but be amazed and proud of you." this caused Ryo to feel very warm and fuzzy, but as he was about to speak Amelia shook her hand in the air "Now then enough of this sap. We have training to get done after all, and I'm not sure how long we will still be here. So let's just keep going."

Ryo chuckled ever so softly this is where Amelia fell flat she was not very good at keeping her emotions flowing out of her. Instead they came in very short and shallow bursts of spontaneous emotions. He didn't really mind that after all it just made her far more interesting and a lot of fun to tease when he chose to shower emotions all over the place. Still he wasn't really interested in that kind of thing at the moment. He was far more interested in the training that was going on. He looked to her with a soft nod of his head "Very well then. What more crazy amazing magic do you have to teach me today Amelia? After all we have a long time here probably, but we need to use it wisely."

She thought a moment and then smirked pulled up a card that had her image imprinted on it "This is what I can teach you my young student." She gently flipped the card out of her hand. As she did it morphed and changed until it became an identical clone of her. Ryo stared rather blankly and dumbfoundedly as he looked between the two of them "This...is Geninus! If I could learn this spell then I could easily take advantage of a job! I need this spell!"

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 26th August 2014, 1:33 am

Amelia couldn't help but giggle as she watched his excitement. The clone of her however wasn't acting like that at all. In fact it seemed almost like the clone was an entirely different person. Ryo couldn't exactly believe just how detailed the clone was, but he took a quick notice of something. The clone didn't look as tired as Amelia did. It had all the wounds that she had when she created it, but the clone seemed ready to fight and raring to go. He smirked and nodded his head once "I think you have a slight problem about your clone however."

This time both clones looked very confused. They looked to each other and then asked him at the same time "What do you mean? We are the same in every way." He smirked and shook his head pulling out a set of five playing cards. He threw them all at the clone and this caused it to shatter into dozens of playing cards "No you weren't. That one was far more energetic than you. I imagine that because clones are usually pristine you spent extra magic to make sure yours at least looked the same as you in every way and had your mannerisims. However you couldn't mimic the fact that you have been through far much more than it has. Granted that is a clearly hard thing to match, but it does seem that this spell is flawless otherwise."

He has a sudden thought and snaps his fingers "You didn't put much effort into making that clone did you? At my current rank even a clone of you would've been able to block all those attacks." Amelia smiled and clapped her hands gently sitting down on a chair made of cards "Indeed. You are spot on as always. I am constantly in a state of awe at how deeply your mind works. Well yes that is exactly how it worked. Care to replicate my spell? Or do you even think you can?" Ryo thought about it frowning deeply "I'm honestly not sure if I can. That seems to be high level magic, but I will try anything once. As you well know."

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 8th September 2014, 8:55 am

Amelia stood there and simply waited for Ryo to attempt the spell. She was incredibly paitent considering the fact that he was taking his sweet time in doing something so simple. She would have to remind him that he didn't need to monologue all the time. Still she was hoping to see something good.

Ryo reached into his coat and pulled out a card that he happened to have. He focused on the card and began to flow his magic into it. With that he dropped the card and let the magic take it's true form. The card took its sweet time. It was clear he wasn't very profficent in it yet. The clone he managed to produce wasn't a very believeable clone. In fact it was more of an after image than anything else. The image was definatly of Ryo, but it wasn't fully solid. In fact it was even transparent. Not a single ounch of solidity anywhere. Ryo looked at this clone rather ashamed and quickly broke the spell not even bothering to look at Amelia. He knew he had done something that he couldn't be proud of so his next reaction was to be ashamed.

Amelia on the other hand just smiled and shook her head. She knew Ryo all too well and knew that he was far too hard on himself. She cleared her throat loud enough to get his attention and then she spoke "That was a good first try. Now try it again, and go ahead and pour more of your magic power. You need to channel a lot more than you are used to before you go ahead and cast it." She hoped that this would help distract Ryo from his own self loathing. She was right on the money and Ryo smiled pulling up another card.

Ryo had a look in his eye. A look in his eye that Amelia hadn't seen since he was a young student. It was that same look he got whenever he mastered a new spell and was ready to show it off. She knew that this time his spell would blow her away and she was ready for it to happen.

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 24th September 2014, 4:28 pm

Ryo smiled as he pulled out the card that had his image on it and several playing cards. This time he knew what he had done wrong and he was going to make it right this time around. He focused really hard and sent his magic into the cards once more. As he let them fall to the ground he had confidence. The cards began to form, stretch, and multiply as they took shape this time. Slowly, but surely the cards began to work themselves upwards taking the shape and form of Ryo. It took a few moments but before to long there stood a complete and exact copy of him. He chuckled softly as he looked his clone over with a careful eye "Well he looks good, but the question is, is he actually formed."

The clone looked at him with a frown "I look just as good as you do! Besides you're the one who looks like they are exhausted." This little remark causes Ryo to blink in surprise, and then smile "Well I can say this will be a lot of fun. So now I bet you can use a few spells of your own. That means that we will be able to confuse our opponents in the future." The clone laughed lightly shaking his head "Okay mr. Exposition. Yes you're very right. Now stop stating the obvious and get down to business."

They both turned towards Amelia due to the sound of loud laughter. It was Amelia laughing her head off. She was holding her stomach and falling down on the ground laughing louder and louder "Holy hell! This is amazing! I can't believe this worked! you both are so freaking insane! I can't believe it! You're talking to yourself!" Ryo turned beet root red and broke his spell putting his hat in front of his face "Oh gods....What the hell have I done?" He couldn't believe what he actually had just done and all he could do now was feel shame. He had been talking to his clone and only now that he was being laughed at did he feel any kind of shame. The reason why was completely unknown to him, but it was what he felt.

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 1st October 2014, 4:07 am

It took Amelia a good bit of time to recover when she did she noticed how Ryo was feeling and she rolled her eyes lightly "Ryo take it easy. You are far too uptight. I was poking some fun at you. This is nothing you are not accustomed to. You'd think that by now you'd be used to me doing things like this." she stood up dusting herself off before putting his hat back on his head for him "now stop with this self hating nonsense and get your head back in the game. You are constantly impressing me my young student. You are learning very advanced magic so easily. I am very proud of you, and you should be proud of yourself as well. There is no need for you to feel as bad as you do. Understand?"

Ryo nods his head ever so slightly as he slowly gains his composure "Right. I am going to go ahead and get ahold of my emotions. I'm not exactly sure what happened. At any rate it seems I was quite successful with that spell. So now I have learned new spells and magic. I must say I am rather impressed with all that I am learning. Thank you for teaching me this level of magic. Without it I do not know where I would stand."

Amelia shrugs lightly as she regains her non-schalaunt composure "Eh. you would most likely come up with some other new forms of magic like you already have and so there is nothing I really need to worry about with you. So don't worry yourself over it too much. Also stop thanking me so much. this is what I do. I'm your teaacher I teach you things that I think you should know. If I didn't do that then what kind of teacher could i really claim to be." She looks up at the sky with a sigh shaking her head "How long have we been here? how much longer must we be here. I enjoy your company, but it seems to me that without proper food or water we will surely perish. I didn't bring any kind of supplies. Did you happen to?"
    Ryo shakes his head lightly as he sits down "Not at all. I knew that I needed some supplies and those I already shared with you. I'm sorry about that." he looks in his pockets trying his best to find the supplies he knew wouldn't find.

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 24th October 2014, 4:50 pm

Amelia sighed as she reached into her pocket and pulled out a card that had a chest on it "Well I suppose whatever I have in my chest here will have to work." She placed the card down on the ground. With that a great puff of smoke appeared and the trunk appeared where the card once was. As she opened it she began to lean in and dig around through it. Ryo couldn't believe what he was watching. The fact that she had managed to make something like a storage chest appear from something as simple as a card astounded him. Clearly Amelia had learned to use her magic in ways that he couldn't even dream of. He really didn't know what he could possibly do in order to learn this, but something told him that this particular style of using his magic just wasn't for him.

He would use what supplimentary stuff he could figure out how to integrate, but he wasn't about to break his back, or spend his mind on doing something like figuring out how she could do magic of that nature. It just wasn't what he needed or wanted so there was truly no point to learn it. True he loved to learn new magics and skills but these weren't skills he needed. After a moment Amelia lifted herself out of the trunk that was big enough to fit both her and him inside of it. In her hand she was holding a bundle. She sat down leaning against her trunk for support with a smile "Well there is food and drink in my trunk. I always keep emergency supplies inside of it. After all you never know when you need something." she opened the bundle to reveal a giant lunchbox.

He sat down next to her with a great smile on his face as he felt like he was a little kid again. He and Amelia had gone on picnics several times before and it was always a fun experience. He loved going out into picnics with her and this was the bridge between the past and the present for him. As she dished out hte food he was all to grateful for it. The intense amount of magic that thye had been using required refueling and food with rest was the only true way to do that.

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 10th November 2014, 5:01 am

As the pair of them ate Amelia couldn't help but look Ryo over with great interest "You know to be honest I didn't expect much of a change from you. After all you were a scrawny little pipsqueak when I found you. It seems that you've grown up, beefed up, and geez you must have the dames busting down your door." Ryo just laughed as he swallowed down some of the mutton leg he was chewing on "Well you'd think, but to be honest I haven't been looking since I have met Ian. You know I'm as loyal as a wolf."

This causes his teacher to roll her eyes lightly, but nod her head in agreement "Yeah I suppose you are, but that's a very dumb way to put it. You are too obsessed with wolves ya know? You know thinking about it now I'm really not surprised you were able to find some kind of wolf like creature. Still to have a pet Dire wolf. You must be touched in the head." She thought a moment and gave him something wrapped up in a cloth "Here a little present from me to you."

He just rolled his eyes and nodded his head "yeah, yeah, yeah. You've already made the comment about Gora, but I'll have you know he is a sweetheart and he loves Ian so that is truly all that matters. I bet if you came around to mine and Ian's home he would like you as well." He took the cloth and opened it up. Inside of it were several cards all of which were new element cards. He looked through them and saw they were the elements of light and dark. This would add a whole new dynamic to his spells but this caused him to think a moment and looked at his teacher with a very interested expression "Actually Mistress Amelia I have a question. How do you make new element cards?"

She smiled as she held up her own cards "It is part of what we get to do as Card Magic masters. If you wish to make cards that will fit in your element's deck you simply need to coat regular playing cards in that substance. For instance I coated those cards the type of magic that they can mimic. Basically i found someone to blast them with dark magic, and light magic. So if you can simply get the same thing to happen to a playing card or some other card you've infused with your own magic then it should work."

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 11th August 2015, 1:57 pm

Ryo thought a moment about the implications of the little lesson he had just learned. This meant he could theoretically create any element if only he had enough of it to work with. Still he didn't know how he would get the elements, or at least the types of element cards he wanted. It seemed like it would be a rather complex thing to do. Still he had a few more questions and he looked to his teacher "Well what about combining elements to get new ones? Would that work for any element I can't get an abundance of?"

Amelia thought for a moment as she pondered over the question that had just been posed to her. After a moment she smiled softly "Well you can combine a few element cards, in order to make another element card, but usually those kind of spells require you to use an enhancement card in order to work properly. this is because the enhancement card will allow the two elements to combine and form into a brand new element all together. So say you combine wind, and water along with an enhancement card it is sure to form the spell into a spell that uses Ice as an element. Of course you can always just make Ice element cards, and that would solve a lot of your problems. This could take some time of course, but still it should work just fine. Anyway we don't really have time for that. We need to work on your training still, and that means we need to get back to work." With that she slowly rose to her feet smiling as she began to stretch and pop her bones back into place. "ready for the next round?"

Ryo smiled as he slowly got to his feet dusting himself off as he pulled his hat further on his head nodding once "You know I am mistress." With that both magi drew their maximum hand limit in cards and began the stare down. As a sudden breeze blew through them that is when it started the show down between the master and her apprentice they both took off running parallel to each other.

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 11th August 2015, 1:57 pm

With a sudden flash it started Amelia and Ryo both began to fling cards back and forth at one another at speeds which would be quite impressive even by normal standards. The cards met each other or missed their targets entirely. It was a sight to behold as Ryo's red aura passed by the deep green aura of his mistress. The two continued at this pace for some time, but then Amelia did something far more interesting. She suddenly threw a card that was alight with flames. Ryo saw it only a brief moment, but he pulled up a card that he hoped would be the right one. He threw it and the card was enveloped in the lightning. It wasn't what Ryo would have in mind, but he was satisfied when the two cards met and caused a rather small explosion making sure that neither card hit the other one. He knew he was out maneuvered as Amelia had somehow mastered the ability to draw whatever element card she wanted.

He then pulled up a card of his own throwing it at her this time and it was covered in shadows that whipped around it and the card itself was black in color. This showed that it had been one of the new cards that had been given to him. It was a card that held the energy of Darkness. All in all it was an impressive sight to behold for it was much like the other elements, but there was definitely something more to it all together. His card however was countered by Amelia's own card. This card was glowing brightly as it was covered in light. Ryo knew that this was the twin to the new element card he had just used. This was the element card of light, and as Light often does it collided with his dark element card and destroyed it without any real effort. Still Ryo and Amelia hadn't stopped moving and so the light element card was already behind him and unable to hit him. They continued on like this throwing element after element at one another as if to try and test one another and the elements that they wielded.

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 25th August 2015, 6:54 pm

As the magi continued to toss the cards back and forth at one another there was a clear sign that Ryo was just simply out classed. He wasn't able to count his cards with the accuracy that his mentor could. She was also perfectly capable of selecting the cards from her uses deck as she needed them, and that put Ryo at a significant disadvantage. Still he had to pull out something or he wasn't going to be in a good position as the fight continued on. He looked at the cards he drew and smirked as he found the ones he wanted. He quickly pulled them up and then threw them all at his former mentor. As soon as they traveled a few meters the five cards shattered and became ten. All of them covered by little tiny swirling tornadoes that seemed to surged straight towards his master.

She smirked and pulled up two cards quickly and as she did she held them and jumped back. As she did so they began to float and emit soft pulses. As the cards came into contact with them they stopped dead in their tracks the wind vanishing along with everything else. This was the spell cancel ability of the defense combo. It was a major set back, but Ryo wouldn't let this stop him. He rushed forward past the field and pulled up his other cards throwing them. As they traveled and got closer to his mentor he snapped his fingers loudly and they exploded in a ball of flames.

Amelia was not killed however she was singed, but still very much alive. She smirked nodding her head lightly in approval as she drew up more cards of her own that she would use against him "Very sneaky and impressive." She pulled up cards of her own smiling "Oh I have so much more to teach you little boy." she says as she throws her cards. These cards however were very different and they seemed to be radiating a soft fog, or wisp like substance. Ryo had no idea how to handle it so he quickly jumped out and away from the cards rolling away and keeping himself going and away from them.

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 26th August 2015, 2:00 pm

After a few moments the cards stopped and exploded. As they did so they created giant snowflakes that were made of ice that looked sharp enough to impale anyone who was unfortunate enough to be caught by them. Ryo looked at them with a bit wide of eyes wondering just where she would've come up with such an idea. Still he knew that he could make the ability work for him if he knew the formula of the spell. That would have to take a back burner however as he had more important things to worry about at this moment in time. He drew up another full hand of cards he picked the two he wanted and quickly threw them smirking "Attack Combo: Lightning Bomb!!" The resulting orb was an old school bomb orb with a fuse, but it was made entirely of lightning. As it hit the ground it exploded covering a great diameter sphere with electricity.

His master seemed to be ready for this as she was standing behind a wall made of lightning that seemed to reflect and shield her from the brunt of his attack. Of course she had suffered some kind of damage, but it wasn't anything to brag about and certainly wouldn't help him hold his own against his teacher. He tsked as he quickly was back on the defensive as he saw his mistress preparing yet another ability to send at him. He was smart because no sooner had he started to move than she lifted up both hands with cards in them holding them up. From each one shot out a concentrated beam of elemental magic. The first element was made of flames, the other one consisted of darkness magic. It was a close call, but Ryo managed to avoid the flaming beam of magical energy, and he stopped before he would've been struck by the one comprised of darkness magic. He stood there and then charged forward pulling up the other cards in his hand. He didn't want to waste his time trying to form up a spell. Instead he threw the playing cards as normal and the other two element cards he was holding.

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 26th August 2015, 5:12 pm

As the elemental cards flew towards their target they soon became covered by the elements that were imprinted on their surface. One was the element of earth and as such it became covered in rocks and dirty. The other was of the new cards that his mentor had given him and it was bathed in the bright light. These along with the trio of regular playing cards all found purchase on their intended target even as she attempted to evade. So it was that Ryo took his first lead of the day. With the distance now closed he smirked and got up nice and close before he drew a new hand of cards. Yet unlike his usual combination of cards he was only using playing cards, and element cards for this particular flurry of attacks. Trios of playing cards, and elemental cards began to pound away at his mistress one after the other.

He thought that he had the upper hand until suddenly his mistress vanished into the thin air and left Ryo standing all alone in the field in a state of inner turmoil. He naturally assumed he had performed some unforgivable atrocity. Of course this wasn't the case in any true fathom of what had just transpired. Slowly from the air behind him his teacher stepped back into the reality that he could understand. She didn't stop there however as she pulled up cards of her own and cast a spell. This spell was a combination of water element effects, playing cards, and an enhancement card. Then suddenly a huge tidal wave of water came from the spell circle and surged towards Ryo grabbing the mage and sweeping him away for several meters before depositing him with a great crash upon the earth. He whipped around getting to his feet with a rather timely performance. He stared in awe at the teacher of his who had seemed to appear from nothing in order to deliver a strike to him. He couldn't comprehend the magic she had just used as so he slowly adjusted his outfit and stared at her trying to figure out what she had just done.

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 26th August 2015, 5:21 pm

He frowned as he took his hat from upon his head and slapped it against his wet pants knowing he would be completely soaked to the bone for several hours at this rate. Still once he had finished his attempt at dislodging water from his hat he placed it back upon his brow and looked at his mistress "And what pray tell was that ability? I felt those cards connect with you. I know that they hit you, and yet here you stand unharmed and after you had just vanished from life altogether. Care to explain?" His mistress giggled slightly as she nodded her head "Indeed I will. You see Ryo a mage is not limited to only a single magic. You are capable of learning another one, or even more should you so choose. It only takes a bit of training before you can learn to use another magic. That was just a short sample of my magic. I call it Quicksilver magic. You see that was a more advanced form of it. I call it the Warp Step."

She then smirked as she stepped towards him and suddenly after another step she was gone. She remained that way and then she tapped Ryo upon his shoulder from behind him. This caused the other mage to jump as high as he could and whip around pulling up playing cards to use against her. Of course he stopped and stared dumbfounded. He rubbed his eyes as he stared at her trying to make sure that she was indeed there and tangible. As he stared she continued to talk "Warp Step allows me to start a movement as normal, but after a certain step I fade from this plane and into another in order to move unseen and finish my movement. The only catch is I must reach the next standing point within 10 steps from where I entered the other plane. So it really only works short distances, or I can do something really fun with it. You see it counts my steps but if my feet don't touch the earth on the other plane then it can't count steps. Therefore I can theoretically reach anywhere I need if I can figure out how to do it."

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 27th August 2015, 1:23 pm

Ryo just stared in awe at her as he slowly began to work the wheels in his mind. He began to fathom the possibilities of learning other magics and how amazing it would be if he could have more than one. He would be able to compensate for the downfalls in his own magic. It would be a brilliant answer to his several lists of problems with his magic. Granted his magic was very versatile and could react to a vast array of different engagements and scenarios still it had holes as no magic was perfect. He was soon interrupted from his contemplation when he felt something hit him in the center of his sternum. This snapped his focus back to the present world and mind allowing him to focus on his mistress.As soon as he could he then asked "What else can you do with this magic of yours?"

Amelia smiled softly and shrugged "I have a few different abilities the most basic of these I call Echo Step." she slowly began to walk towards him and soon more images of her began to appear to her right or left these looked a bit off, but then so did she in the middle at least he assumed she was in the middle. After a moment she came to a stop right in front of him all the other images vanishing. This was the Echo Step and it was truly inspirational as she could quite literally confuse everyone. He couldn't even tell that she had been the real one. He took a step back smiling to himself "That's quite the impressive magic. Yet it seems to me that your magic is used for confusion, mobility, and perhaps even short ranged teleportation. Very impressive. It allows you to move quickly, and avoid most traps and attacks at the same time. How did you ever come up with this magic?"

Amelia giggled softly as she shook her head lightly "I didn't come up with this magic. I learned it through years of training in the assassination field. That was what I used to do with my life Ryo. I used to kill people."

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 27th August 2015, 3:39 pm

This was a tremendous blow to Ryo's life and mind as he didn't have the faintest idea that she was even associated with things of that nature. How he missed it, never noticed it, or even suspected it was beyond him. So now he stood there flabbergasted, and completely in shock and awe. He slowly sank down to the earth beneath him as he looked up at his mistress who had raised him for many years, taught him everything he knew about magic and the world as it truly was. To now find out something as profound as this he just didn't know how to handle it at all.

Amelia seemed to see the world crashing down around his ears so she slowly sank down and sighed as she began to speak "I know I never told you anything about my past, and there is a good reason. I don't like letting people know my business. Yet, you are the closest thing to a son I will ever have. So here it is. When I was about your age I was recruited in much the same way I recruited you. They found me and took me in, and they then trained me in the art of being an assassin. It isn't the sort of skill everyone learns or can learn, but they taught me how."

At this point Ryo couldn't hold it any longer and he frowned "Who is this they?! What the hell does they mean?!" He tapped his arm and shook his head as he tried to think "They being an organization....they being a small group...they being something else. What is it?!" She sighed shaking her head lightly as if in disappointment "I can't tell you and you know that. You're a much smarter boy than that Ryo. You know full well that assassins aren't afraid of killing their own. The only reason I am telling you this is because we are from what I can see in a completely different reality. So they won't be able to know I've told you anything. My life would be over if they ever found out about this conversation. So please just listen silently for now."

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 27th August 2015, 6:33 pm

Ryo didn't like being scolded by her. He didn't like being scolded by anyone really, however when it was coming from his mistress he couldn't handle it in any capacity. Still he wouldn't be able to forgive himself if he actually did something to warrant her disappointment in him. It would devastate him, so for now he slowly closed his mouth and looked up at her nodding his head. With this Amelia continued on "Now then. Yes it is an organization, yes they are powerful and very, very dangerous. One wrong word to anyone would cause your world to crumble down and be burnt to ashes around you. Truly it would be horrific. I can't let them know you know anything and I can't allow you to be placed in serious turmoil over my sake. It wouldn't be right of me, and I won't do it. Ever. Now then I was raised by this group of assassins and they are renown for their methods of mobility, and reaching their targets regardless of how remote the local or target may be. Thus they developed this magic as a way to maneuver and travel to their targets. They taught me how to kill and I did so very well. In fact one could argue I was their best assassin, but one day I had enough. I no longer wanted to kill, I no longer wanted blood on my hands, at least I never wanted to go looking for people to kill and be paid with bloody money. So I left. They made me swear not to tell anyone, and put a special magic on me that would let them know if I had. Seeings as how I am not dead I take it their magic can't work if I'm in another realm or dimension."

She smiled softly as she leaned back spreading her arms wide "As you can see I am still amongst the living thus their magic doesn't work here. At any rate I left them when I was rather young and made it on my own learning a new magic, and using some of what I learned to keep me alive. So that's me in a nutshell."

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 27th August 2015, 10:37 pm

Finally, as Ryo sat there and absorbed every bit of information that had just been granted to him. He would slowly frown as he began to process this world shattering news and after several long moments of contemplation he looked at his mistress "So tell me. Were you training me in a magic specifically designed to kill people?"

This question seemed to offend Amelia, but she simply shook her head lightly "No I did not. I taught you a magic that would be able to protect you should you find yourself in dire straights. Without my teaching and without my magic you wouldn't have half of what you have, and you wouldn't be able to fight back and defend yourself against a vast array of foes. Your reactions would be sluggish at best, and I'm very positive that if you hadn't taken me up on my tutelage then you would still be in that shit hole I found you in. I brought you under my mentor-ship, and training because you reminded me of myself. I wouldn't have survived if not for my training, and so I wouldn't let someone like you pass out of existence without even trying to give you aid."

Ryo just looked down nodding his head slightly as he thought about his past and his life even more. Truly he had a lot to learn about the way the world worked, and he needed to figure things out. Presently he said "I've killed many people Mistress Amelia. I've killed people who have threatened me, my guild, and my loved ones. What am I? Am I a monster? Is this a sign that I was meant to be a killer?"

Amelia smiled shaking her head lightly "The world is not so black and white my boy. You fought for things of value. You fought to defend the ones you love, the guild that you have sworn to protect and that you care about, you have fought to protect yourself. The question you should be asking is what you are killing for and fighting for worth fighting for. If the answer to that question is yes then you are always in the right."

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 28th August 2015, 1:08 pm

This little statement only caused another moral quandary within Ryo himself. Of course if he felt he was in the right then he would think himself on the path to doing what was good and right. Yet, there were many a cause that allowed people to cloak themselves in the mantle of right while doing the most vile of things known to the human race. Why would he be the exception to the rule, and how could he truly justify such a thing. This confusion conundrum only caused his mind to wander further into it's own depths in order to try and come to a realization, or some kind of moral solution to the problem at hand. Still as he continued to contemplate this realization his mistress kept on. "There is no need for you to think so hard Ryo. You aren't killing for the joy of it. You aren't killing solely for monetary gain, and you aren't killing for no reason. So long as these remain true you needn't worry yourself over the higher moral standings. Truly there is no right or wrong in the world of violence, and as such you should ignore any fool who dares to preach you to there is."

Ryo frowned at this and looked at her "But I am a legal guild mage. I am under the laws set forth by the magic council, and as such I can't simply go killing everyone I happen to have to fight. That could cause a lot of problem on me and my guild. I can't put them in jeopardy because I choose to kill people."

Amelia laughed softly shaking her head slowly "So the magic council owns you now? You're their puppet? You're their slave? They are going to protect you, and yours from those who seek to harm you? When all you love finishes crashing down around your head then you please let me know how well that worked. The magic council cares only about themselves and enforcing their view on what is right and wrong. They care for no one else. They are absentee landlords at best. Truly there is no point in serving them at all."

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 28th August 2015, 1:54 pm

All of the prodding and teasing that Ryo was suffering caused him to become enraged. He was no one's puppet, he would be no one's golem. He was his own man with his own identity, image, hopes, and dreams. He would be no one's thrall not now nor ever. He leapt to his feet in fury as he spoke with the voice that could command the wind to stop, and the seas to become as corpses "I am no Thrall to the magic council nor any other entity! I serve only myself and those I choose! Still no one may have my freedom, not a single deity, man, woman, child will take my individuality from me. I choose to acquiesce to the requests of the council in order to placate them so my guild might thrive and be left in prosperity! Yet I am no thrall to them, I owe them no allegiance, I owe them nothing! I am Ryo Knetegawa the Combo Card mage and I am, have, and will always be a free man who shall do as he sees fit to do. Never anything less!"

This declaration brought forth a torrent of laughter from his mistress as she slowly rose to her feet nodding her head in approval "Very well then. It is so noted and witnessed that on this day Ryo Knetegawa has completely passed as my pupil, and has surpassed all my expectations of him. Here on this day he shall no longer be called anyone's apprentice unless he should inflict upon himself that title. Congratulations my dear boy. On this day you stand with me not as master and apprentice, but as an equal to me. You are worthy of my art, you are my only successor, and it is up to you to pass on the art of combo card magic to another. Should you choose to do so. If not then our art shall die with you. For I will not take another apprentice so long as I live. You have made me very proud today Ryo, all of these long years and you are a man worthy of my respect and admiration."

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 28th August 2015, 2:28 pm

Ryo couldn't believe what he had just heard. He imagined himself an accomplished magician sure, but worthy of being his mistress's peer was never something he imagined would be fathomable, probable, or possible while he was still so young compared to her. Yet, here she was bestowing upon him such an honor and prestige as this. He was truly humbled by her words, and brought down to the greatest desires of respect for someone he has even been. Today was like something from a dream that one has when they are riding upon skillful abilities, and by having served faithfully for many a long drawn out year. A warm smile spread over his facial features as he took his hat from upon his crown and placed it over his heart in reverence to his mistress "I am truly honored by your praise mistress Amelia. I had no idea that you held me in such high esteem. Truly I am unworthy of such grand praise."

Amelia shook her head lightly as she gently pat Ryo's shoulder "that isn't the truth of the matter at all and you know it full well. Truly you are a terrific pupil, and I was honored to be your instructor. I have high hopes for you even now as you get ready to be even better than before. Now then before you have to go let's go ahead and eat once more. It has been a day since we did so and it really isn't good to wait so long between meals." with that she sat down pulling out a chest tarot card once more. With a bit of magic involved in it she summoned up a chest and produced from it a rather splendid looking picnic. Of course Ryo now remembering his hunger seemed to want to eat, and as he sat down he began to eat away at what was on offer. Both he and Amelia despite their differences, and despite being generally fit people ate a lot of food. It was always an interesting sight to behold whenever they went to eating without a care and with food in generous supply.

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 28th August 2015, 4:20 pm

It took the pair several hours in order to actually finish all the food that was on offer, and satisfy both of their appetites. Upon finishing their meal the two sat there smiling and just looking back on their lives without much care or thought. It wasn't until much later in the day that the pair of them finally recovered from their full bellied stupor in order to actually move. Ryo stood up stretching and flipping his lat lightly to get some of the remaining water from it "Well I am thoroughly soaked through. Still it shall be enough once I get back to the guild hall in order to dry my clothes. Thankfully it isn't a far journey from the tower where I started back to my guild hall. I'm sure I will dry out as i move however."

Amelia smiled as she nodded her head lightly "I am sure you will be fine my boy. Now then remember you must say nothing of my past to anyone. I can't risk it my boy. I trust you to keep my secret and my life safe." Ryo smiled softly nodding his head in acknowledgement "I will of course keep your secret Amelia. We are like family I would never betray my family no matter what price it may cost me." Amelia smiled to her student as she slowly felt something knew in herself. She then gently gripped his shoulder smiling softly "I love you Ryo. You are a wonderful person and i know that if anyone could make a difference in this crazy world it will be you." she said as she kissed his cheek.

As she did so Ryo felt the grip of the strange magic that the crystal had given off and it drew him to it. He suddenly appeared back in the sky tower and was looking out over the vast expanse of land that could be seen from the top of the tower. It wasn't very long but soon he started to descend the stairs of the tower and head back towards his home the sabertooth guild hall.

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:

Current date/time is 16th May 2024, 10:35 pm