Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Expedition to Further the Studies of Dark Magic [Job ; Elvira Arcade & Vincent Gauss]

Elvira Arcade
    Elvira Arcade

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Zodiac Key- Legal Guild Ace- A-Rank- Halloween Social - Halloween job event participant - Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Motor City Rush- Hero- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Witchfire
    Position : None
    Guild : Aurora Guild Ace
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 6
    Experience : 21556.25

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Cards of the Uncrowned Saint
    Second Skill: Celestial Spirit Magic
    Third Skill:

Expedition to Further the Studies of Dark Magic [Job ; Elvira Arcade & Vincent Gauss] - Page 2 Empty Re: Expedition to Further the Studies of Dark Magic [Job ; Elvira Arcade & Vincent Gauss]

Post by Elvira Arcade 2nd July 2018, 12:52 pm

CRYSTAL SWAN
    ELVIRA ARCADE

6635/7500 wordstagged
    Elvira shot upright in bed, breathing heavily. The oversized Hosenka lucky cat t-shirt she often wore to sleep was soaked with sweat once again. The young wizard shifted on the tatami mat that was rolled out in Rin's living room and stood up. She'd had the dream again; the same one she'd had every night since the week after returning from the strange magical dimension she'd found herself traversing with the companion she was no longer sure she entirely trusted: Necropolis had been there, but more importantly so had the being that stood behind the monster, forever in the shadows --wordlessly ensuring her that her life was both meaningless and soon to reach it's conclusion.

Her brown eyes surveyed the room and noticed that once again, the shelves full of pretty stuffed animals had been jostled about; probably Theo getting chased around the house by Lily or Elvira stumbling in drunk --"I really should treat Rin's place more respectfully..." she thought to herself as she carefully rearranged everything on the shelves. Once the card wizard was satisfied everything was in it's proper place she walked to the bathroom and splashed cold water on herself. Dark circles had begun to form under her eyes.

"Blech...I look like ****" She muttered as she dried herself with a towel and exited the home through the small sliding doors which lead out into the garden. The cool night air caressed her face; it was normally something she'd enjoy, but it didn't do much to comfort her now.

Elvira's body was cold and hot at the same time; the result of a growing void in her chest which seemed to absorb all feelings of light and happiness --it felt as though she'd never feel joy again. She hadn't felt this feeling so acutely since the day she'd watched her mother and father disappear into the early morning fog at the edge of the sea as an indifferent wooden ship carried her away from them forever. Panic attacks the family physician had said: Just like her mother. Her mother who, like her father, was gone; lost to the sands of time. Somehow she hadn't thought to bring a picture of them with her: She was so sure they would have joined her in Fiore within a week or two --she couldn't remember what they looked like now.

Tears began to stream down the girl's face.

Theodore and Rin were away with their squad and there'd been no word from Vincent in several months --she felt alone. She was cast adrift in a sea of ether she couldn't understand or control; dealing with forces so alien to her as to be almost incomprehensible. Vincent seemed convinced Necropolis had done something to them, cursed them somehow. She wasn't sure if that was what she was feeling, or if it was simply a sense of helplessness before a power that felt so much greater than herself. After all the Magic Council hadn't said anything about a curse or a compulsion so she really shouldn't be troubled, yet she was.

Elvira ran her fingers through her hair and walked back inside the house; stopping beside the bag she'd never fully unpacked to change into a different shirt; she pulled it up over her head and noticed the small collection of scars that she'd begun to accumulate on her body over the past year: She'd never imagined herself as a guild wizard...much less a fighter...when had her life changed so much?.

She donned a new shirt and silently walked up to Rin's room. She quietly crawled onto her young roommate's bed and picked up a stuffed animal, hugging it to herself as she stared at the wall. Slowly her eyes closed again.

Elvira arrived at Crystal Swan the next day after managing a few hours of restful sleep in Rin's bed. She sat down and ordered some juice from the bartender while glancing over at the job board to see if anything new had cropped up.

"Heard Vincent got back into town last night." The bartender said as he served her drink. "I know you've been looking for him."

Elvira's eyes opened slightly wider as she downed the juice in one gulp and stood up.

"Yeah. Thanks." She said quickly before glancing around and trying to located the wizardy wizard.
    deltra of gangnam style

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Expedition to Further the Studies of Dark Magic [Job ; Elvira Arcade & Vincent Gauss] - Page 2 MNaPexz

King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Neptune
    Guild : N/A
    Cosmic Coins : 25
    Dungeon Tokens : 9
    Experience : 263,160

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Knight of Space
    Second Skill: Paladin's Armaments
    Third Skill:

Expedition to Further the Studies of Dark Magic [Job ; Elvira Arcade & Vincent Gauss] - Page 2 Empty Re: Expedition to Further the Studies of Dark Magic [Job ; Elvira Arcade & Vincent Gauss]

Post by King Zenshin 2nd July 2018, 1:16 pm

Vincent was finally back home. Exhausted, he put his new arsenal of weapons on the table at the foot of his bed and knocked out. A lot had happened in the time between coming back from that accursed realm and now, but the wizard was just happy to finally be in the comfort of his warm bed in Crystal Swan's housing area. He slept about ten hours before being awoken by a familiar voice calling out in the hallway. The wizard nearly tripped over his large backpack that was still full of clothes, blankets, and food as he quickly stumbled towards the door and opened it up. "Elvira, come on in. This is a pleasant surprise." His Pergrandian accent was much thicker than normal, a clue of where he had been for the past six months. He would push his large pack against a wall next to the entrance of his little home so as to make space for his guest. Once she entered, he would close the door and invite her to sit down at the only table in the room.

"Sorry about the mess... I wasn't expecting any visitors. Truth be told, I don't even live here but as soon as I crossed the border into Fiore I called the guild to come and get me. I was in desperate need of warm food and a place to rest before I went to my home proper. Formalities aside, I've got some good news. I found a grove in Seven that should manage to rid us of our curse. I've also nearly managed to find the owner of the book. Lucky for me, he kept a very detailed journal and all I had to do was read through it and put a few pieces together. He's in a village in central Iceberg. What have you been up to in my absence?" The wizard would put his hands out and one by one the weapons at the table in front of Elvira would disappear into the same pocket dimension where he kept all of his staves, wands, books, and robes.

WC: >9000

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Missions Completed
    100 Year: 1
    10 Year: 1
    S-Ranked: 1
    A-Ranked: 4
    B-Ranked: 4
    D-Ranked: 3
    Event Experience: 57,562.5
    Dungeon Experience: 2,325
    Total Experience: 263,160

Character / Vincent Gauss
    Primary Magic / Knight of Space
    Secondary Magic / Paladin's Armaments
    History & Notebook | Bank
    Golden Lacrima | Expires 7/9/2019
    Elvira Arcade
    Elvira Arcade

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Zodiac Key- Legal Guild Ace- A-Rank- Halloween Social - Halloween job event participant - Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Motor City Rush- Hero- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Elvira Arcade 2nd July 2018, 3:33 pm

CRYSTAL SWAN
    ELVIRA ARCADE

6839/7500 wordstagged
    Elvira raised an eyebrow as she watched the weapon on Vincent's table disappear into the strange pocket dimension where the mage seemed to store most of his belongings. She listened as he recounted his research and a pang of anger struck her.

"What have you been up to in my absence?" He inquired.

"Well, aside from not knowing what else you'd found out, what precisely you were doing and having constant nightmares I've been swell, you?" She thought it, but didn't say it. It wasn't really his fault anyways, she'd been the one who'd told him she wasn't interested in having anything more to do with the whole endeavor; knowing full well the archaic wizard wouldn't have an iLac if she changed her mind.

"I've just been keeping busy you know, taking jobs, tutoring Juno. I've been writing songs a little more often.." She said, scratching her cheek as she trailed off, unsure what she'd hoped to gain from this conversation. She didn't believe in a curse after all and yet the idea that Vincent had said he'd found a way to remove the non-existent malady gave her pause none-the-less.

"So tell me about this grove and what you're planning to do next..."
    deltra of gangnam style

Expedition to Further the Studies of Dark Magic [Job ; Elvira Arcade & Vincent Gauss] - Page 2 MNaPexz

King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 2nd July 2018, 4:10 pm

"I didn't know you wrote songs. You'll have to perform for me sometime! But back to business - in the heart of Sevenwood, I found a hidden entrance to a little grove. It's beautiful, you'll see it for yourself. It's a single linear path shrouded with thorned vines that's only slightly bigger than you and me, so it's a tight fit. At the end of the path is a large area with a crystal blue basin with four statues standing  the edge around facing inwards. On the edge of the basin there's a stone pedestal with an inscription. I wrote it down-" he began before reaching into the drawstring bag by his side and taking out his journal.

"'The Trial of the Basin will purify all afflictions, but be warned it is not for the meek. The Guardians of the Basin will kneel only to those with strength befitting a monarch.' That's my best translation, but I have to admit that I'm not too proficient in Seven's ancient language. The natives weren't much help because of how different it is to their modern language. There are a few words in their that I'm not too sure about. The words for monarch, hero, and great soldier are all the same word, and affliction translates closer to sickness or ailment rather than curse, though I've seen it used in that way. Still, I'm hopeful. As for the plan - we travel to Iceberg and find Zenshin, convince him to come with us to the Sevenwood, have him assist us in breaking our curse, then going home and enjoying a job well done. No suffering for anyone. How does that sound?"

Missions Completed

Elvira Arcade
    Elvira Arcade

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Elvira Arcade 3rd July 2018, 9:14 am

CRYSTAL SWAN
    ELVIRA ARCADE

7339/7500 wordstagged
    The golden light of early morning filtered through the windows into the guild quarters, shaded by the fluffy clouds that drifted lazily by as the Crystali slowly slipped it's way through the sky.

"'The Trial of the Basin will purify all afflictions, but be warned it is not for the meek. The Guardians of the Basin will kneel only to those with strength befitting a monarch.' That's my best translation, but I have to admit that I'm not too proficient in Seven's ancient language. The natives weren't much help because of how different it is to their modern language. There are a few words in their that I'm not too sure about. The words for monarch, hero, and great soldier are all the same word, and affliction translates closer to sickness or ailment rather than curse, though I've seen it used in that way." The white haired wizard explained. It was amusing to Elvira that a civilization would have the same word for monarch, hero and soldier; it reminded her on Minstrel --a kingdom founded on the ludicrous idea that an ascribed status like "noble" was somehow related to the achievements of soldiery or heroism. She scoffed.

"Still, I'm hopeful. As for the plan - we travel to Iceberg and find Zenshin, convince him to come with us to the Sevenwood, have him assist us in breaking our curse, then going home and enjoying a job well done. No suffering for anyone. How does that sound?" Vincent said.

It sounds like another arduous trial Vincent." She said to herself. This all sounded like incredibly vague magical nonsense. Vincent seemed sure of himself...then again he always seemed sure of himself. She wanted this to be all over and done with so she could move on and get back on track to the bright future she hoped to win for herself; but she was so very tired.

Elvira's eyes were lidded; she pinched the bridge of her nose and shook her head rapidly to try and force her mind to focus for a few more moments.

"Why is that every time someone needs something magical there is always a guardian or riddle...wizards are so contrary." She muttered. "Alright. If you think this Zenshin can help sort this all out then I'll go with you. I still don't believe there's a curse but I want all this business with the book over and done with so we can all move on." Elvira stood up and stretched, bouncing on the balls of her feet slightly as she looked out the shaded window into the morning sky. For some reason the vicissitudes of fate constantly saw fit to have her traveling with the aloof wizard.

"You never really end up where you expect...no matter how hard you try." She mused as she thought back to the battle at the hunter's village where Vincent had offered her a continuing business partnership --now it seemed more a matter of survival.

"So what do we do now?"
    deltra of gangnam style

King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 3rd July 2018, 9:47 am

"Now? Well, we prepare. The journey to Iceberg alone is going to take days since our guild can't exactly cross borders freely. It's also going to be quite cold there, about as cold as it was in the Silent Glaciers, so I need to prepare some more fire enchantments. You might want to consider stocking up on food, water, clothing, and any other supplies that you'll need. We'll find Zenshin, inform him of our plight, and we'll all go to Seven together. After that, we sit pretty on our payment for a job well done." he said matter-of-factually, pulling the saber out of the pocket dimension he had just stored it in. "The plan makes a big assumption that Zenshin is willing to help us, of course, but why wouldn't he help two Fioren magi bound to the same force that he was? I'm sure he would be more than happy to help." the wizard continued. "I was thinking that we would depart at most a week from now - sooner if we're both ready by then. Aside from getting together what we need to survive in harsh environments, we could also train together. These jobs we're going on are beginning to get quite dangerous and if our skills are left to dull then we might really be in trouble soon."

Missions Completed

Elvira Arcade
    Elvira Arcade

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Elvira Arcade 3rd July 2018, 10:24 am

CRYSTAL SWAN
    ELVIRA ARCADE

7534/7500 wordstagged
    Why wouldn't Zenshin help us? Well, coming to him like a storm crow carrying a magical relic he, by all accounts, went to great lengths to discard might be one reason. Still, she didn't have a better plan...and the nightmares were getting worse.

Elvira looked Vincent over one more time.

"Yeah beginning to get dangerous." She said with a sigh. "We'll finish this together then I suppose. The sooner we leave the better frankly. I'll go pack and be ready by this evening. If you need more time that's fine --you know where to find me."

The brown haired wizard nodded and left the wizard's temporary abode, returning to the guildhall and downing another drink before proceeding out into the fresh air of the Crystalli's streets. She resolved to enjoy the warm breeze for a short while before returning to pack. She found a shady spot in the grass and lay down, spreading her arms and legs as though she were trying to make a grass angel.

"The next job I take is going to be somewhere warm..." She said with a sigh as she closed her eyes and prepared for the hardships to come.
    deltra of gangnam style

Current date/time is 19th May 2024, 1:25 pm