Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Spelunking with the Dead

Zincarla
    Zincarla

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Neutral Guild Ace- S-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Kohl's Plague
    Position : None
    Guild : Luminous Rose
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 960,162

Spelunking with the Dead Empty Spelunking with the Dead

Post by Zincarla 27th May 2018, 10:42 am

Job Info:

Yona Hisamori touched her shortened green hair with her fingertips. The fight with Johann had been long enough finished that she thought she was finally ready to take up a job but she also hadn't made many public appearances since it happened either. He had burned her hair from it's luxurious length to jaw length and she was not yet used to it. Even having it fixed up by a local hair dresser didn't change the way she felt. It was a transformation, inside and out, but habits were habits and Yona was concerned she might not keep her promises to her mentor, Johann, after all.

She sighed lightly and licked her pink lips as she considered the job board before her. There were a couple others examining the board, but with a lot less care than she was. They simply came up to the board, scanned it over, pulled a job paper down and walked away to sign up with it. She was so uncertain- she wanted a job that wouldn't be too hard but she didn't feel like chasing down loose pets, cleaning up garbage or helping descale fish down on the docks. There was an intriguing job about a violent monster off the coast of some unheard of land, a creepy job about exterminating spider nests in the mountains, and a job about sitting with an old lady so she could perform her annual ritual. The job with the old lady sounded most promising, except for the fact that it would be in a cave in the frostbitten Silent Glaciers. It was going to be icy cold there.

Yona heard a commotion in the kitchen and in the eating area not far away and tilted her head to listen in. She could hear the chef Benvolio shouting about a fire in the kitchen and the mousey voice of a young kitchen hand apologizing. She frowned to herself, but looked back at the board. Even as the others nearby went nosily into the eatery to eavesdrop and listen in, Yona knew she had to maintain safe distance. She wasn't particularly welcome in the kitchen right now, even if Benvolio was fine physically. The green haired mage didn't want to chance bumping into him and getting an earful. She was sure she had a better control of her emotions now than before, but to break Johann's promise so soon by fighting with that pompous chef again would get her kicked out for sure. She wasn't going to risk her second chance with Johann for something like gossip.

She lifted her arms up and out, and then back, uttering a little groan as her muscles bent and stretched. "Cold as Benvolio's soup is better than getting sunburned on the docks surrounded by stinking cod again," Yona said to herself, her arms whacking into someone behind her. She pulled them back instantly and stepped forward, swiveling her neck to look over her shoulder. "Oh, uh, sorry," She said half heartedly. It was the polite thing to do after all, though he shouldn't have been standing so close. And how the heck had she missed him sneaking up behind her anyway!?

WC: 531

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Spelunking with the Dead Imageedit-3-2741721522

Zin's Color: color = #ff66cc
    Segodon
    Segodon

Regular VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Player 
    Lineage : Hunter's Wrath
    Guild : Guildless
    Experience : 10,419

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Thunder Demon Slayer
    Second Skill: Stylus of Thoth
    Third Skill: Pandor's Vessel

Spelunking with the Dead Empty Re: Spelunking with the Dead

Post by Segodon 27th May 2018, 2:41 pm

A man was sitting in corner of the mess hall, watching the other people in the room. The man had short red hair and was dressed in red kimono with black pants. A scarlet headband with golden stripes held his hair up. Scrolls and books were on his table, which he studied so now and then. Though his attention was mostly caught by the people dining in the room, he eavesdropped on the people next to his table.
    It had been a few days since Haruyuki had arrived in on Divided Island and the headquarter of the West Fiore Trading Company. Johann, the man who hired him and brought him into the company had told him to find some jobs to do. Yet Haruyuki thought a bit different on that, he had tried to look at the job board. Trying to read the rather strange letters, he was capable of reading it, yet it was like solving math. It took time and he could put up his magical glasses, but he was afraid it would harm his reputation. A strategist that can’t read properly? No, he would walk sometimes to it and try to decipher a different job. So far, they were certainly not the things he wished to do, like saving a cat? That isn’t a job for a member of the warrior elite of Midi. Thus, Haru spends most of his time grading the members of the Company. It is a strategist job to know the strength of one owns troops to make proper decisions.
    Haruyuki noticed a young girl with short green hair, looking at the job board and something hit him. He could walk over and look for a job himself, ask others what jobs they were interested in. Surely, they would talk about more jobs than the job they would go on, possible better jobs than that he had read so far. He could ask simply to ask them what they thought are good jobs and then just joke about the ridicules jobs he had found. Then maybe he could take one of the jobs he heard from others. Now was a perfect moment to simply try it out.
    Haruyuki stood up from his place, leaving the table littered with his things for the moment. He walked up to the job board when a commotion in the kitchen broke out. He turned his head to look at the kitchen, vaguely seeing flames and people running about. Should I help, might walk in the way. He stopped but kept looking at what was happing in the kitchen until something hit him the stomach. “Oof.” Moaned Haruyuki, his hand went down to his stomach and he stepped back. The girl turned her head and apologised. His head gained some colour, “It’s my mistake, I wasn’t paying attention.” His hand scratched his head. “Eh, I haven’t we met before? On my first day? Yona Right?” Those are a lot of questions. “My name is Takenaka Haruyuki.” He looked at the job board, “Looking for a job? I have found like the best jobs to go. There is somewhere a cat in need, stuck in a tree. We should hurry ourselves and save it!” Joked Haruyuki, What I’m I doing? His cheeks gained even more colour.

WC:553

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Segodon
    Theme:

Spelunking with the Dead Sig_210
    Zincarla
    Zincarla

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Neutral Guild Ace- S-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Post by Zincarla 28th May 2018, 1:52 pm

Ah Takenaka Haruyuki. A brief introduction had been made, but Yona had been distracted by both emotion and thoughts at the time. She remembered all the red he wore, but not much else. She certainly would have remembered all his annoying questions, but that's what happens when you're being polite, aloof, and nonchalant instead of just being yourself. She must have tried to not let it bother her, or she must not have cared enough to listen to him in the first place. That made her feel only slightly guilty, but considering the annoying shade of red and the annoying number of questions, Yona was put at a disadvantage this time for hiding her expression and thoughts.

Her lips pursed and she tried a smile on for him. "Yeah, I'm Yona. I have no interest in saving some dumb cat," She said to him. She cleared her throat as she turned to face him. The short green hair tickled her ears and she was reminded again by Johann's fight that she had not finished proving herself. Yona was not to start fights, and if possible she had to control her rudeness and temper in the face of new and old guild members alike. "Not that you look like a member of the WFTC, so I shouldn't tell you this- but I strive to be greater each day." She pointed behind her at the board, "I am grabbing a mission in the Silent Glaciers to help an old lady fight some ghosts."

That was more or less true, but it sounded cool to her. She lifted her chin as if she was better than him. After all, adorned in white, Yona was clearly a member of the guild whereas she could not honestly recall if he was just a friend of Johann's or a member.

WC: 835

Last edited by Yona on 29th May 2018, 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Segodon
    Segodon

Regular VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Segodon 29th May 2018, 8:48 am

Haruyuki observed Yona’s reaction and laughed. “I wasn’t planning to waist my time and skills on a cat either, I was joking of course!” He smiled, “I’m in fact a member of the Company, but I refuse to walk in those uniforms. They restrict even more movement than my leg does, besides I find it dull to have a uniformed colour and uniform.  It’s a great thing for spies to make use of.” He pointed to his lame left leg, on which he stood lightly. Which was the only physical hint to his lame leg when he stood still. “Striving to be greater is indeed something one should do, always. Learning is never over, not even for an old wise man. Pushing boundaries is a good thing to aspire.” Haruyuki looked at the board, to the paper where Yona pointed too, he tried a moment to read it, but it took him to long and gave up on that.

He looked back to Yona, “That is a far more interesting job indeed. I have never encountered ghosts before, have you? I wonder if they can be hit with a sword or not, or if you require other skills to deal with them.” His eyes found the paper again and tried once again to study it’s the meaning of the symbols.

wc:220

Segodon
    Theme:

Zincarla
    Zincarla

Post by Zincarla 29th May 2018, 10:52 am

The nineteen year old wrinkled her nose and replied wearily, "You're lucky. They insisted on the white uniform when I started. They say nobody is allowed on missions unless they wear the guild uniform." Yona didn't really disagree with Haruyuki, but was a little salty over the fact that he could wear such an audacious red color when she could not. She shrugged looking herself over. The fitted pale blue pants were the only break in the scheme of white that she wore today. She had on white calf high boots with stylish heels and a white bandeau around her chest. For the job, she realized she would need to bring or wear different clothing as she had no plans to freeze to death for money or glory.

"I've never fought the undead but if an old lady can do it, then I am sure I can too." She snorted a little, and then started to back away from him, grabbing the paper off the board and pulling it off with her. "Anyway, I should get changed. The ferry leaves soon and I might have to take a train too, I'm not sure. I haven't traveled that far away before." Yona had actually done plenty of traveling- just not to some freezing wasteland out of the way of any decent civilization. It would be interesting to see how long it took for her to get there on her own and she considered asking Johann to just teleport her there. Just as quickly, she reconsidered- asking the old man for help was going to be against her nature for her first quest after their big fight. She wanted to go to him with results not with problems.

WC: 1121

Kaja Jelen
    Kaja Jelen

Dragon VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Haiku Contest Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Curiosity of a Strange World
    Experience : 7,993

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Arma Machinis
    Second Skill: Archive - Nemo
    Third Skill:

Post by Kaja Jelen 31st May 2018, 10:55 am

Haruyuki looked at the green haired girl, “well I was told the same, I simple refuse and I’ll probably will face consequences for it.” He looked back at the board, looking at the job which he still tried to decipher. Why is this system of writing so odd, who with the right mind reads sideways? Top to bottom that’s how it should be.

Haruyuki followed the piece of paper that Yona pulled of the board, “Hmm, well maybe she is just a very strong old lady?” Yona left the board, giving a comment that she would get changed and take a boat away. Haruyuki said goodbye and wished her success and looked back at the board, littered with it’s job requests. Well, that failed, he thought and tried to make sense of a different paper. Then he realised something, and rushed off, dragging his left leg behind him.

“Wait Yona!” He called out when he was almost near her, “I have never fought against ghosts and it would be a great experience for me to fight them. That way I can learn from it and build strategies and tactics easier defeat them in the further. This could be of great benefits for the company!” Haruyuki spook in a rush, and then posted a moment. “And” He carefully proceed, “you say you haven’t had travelled that far away. I’ve travelled through different countries, I have learned that two pairs of eye’s get more sleep at night then one pair if you are on hostile ground.” He awkwardly extended his hand like Johann thought him to do when wanting to agree to something, the whole construct of this method still seemed strange and fugue. “What do you say?” I shouldn’t forget my stuff at the table.
    WC: 294

Bianca§
    Spelunking with the Dead 0WKR6kK
    Theme:

Zincarla
    Zincarla

Post by Zincarla 2nd June 2018, 10:14 am

Yona let out a heavy sigh, and stopped in her tracks. She was trying to be good, to be nice, to prove herself. It was her first job after that big and secret fight with Johann. She had finally recovered and this was her chance and here was this random red guy poking holes in her plan. Yona looked at him for a moment and considered his help or expertise. An outfit like that declared him a nuisance to her outright but if it got back that a new person asked for her help on a job, maybe she would be portrayed poorly. That would be worse than taking him along in the first place.

She relaxed and conceded, coming to the conclusion in her own mind before speaking in a cool voice. "Fine, you can come, but I am running point on this. It's my mission, you're just a travel guide with an extra set of hands. All right?" It was nicer than she usually was to people but that didn't mean her attitude was friendly either. Overall, Yona thought it might be nice to be the leader on the job and maybe tell someone else what to do. She looked him up and down and added, using a "mom-tone" of voice, "Go and grab some change of clothes and food. It's cold in the Glaciers. I'll meet you back down here in a half hour. Any questions?" She would wait for him, but if he didn't express anything different she would turn sharply and stride away to get what she needed.

WC:1385

Segodon
    Segodon

Character Sheet

Post by Segodon 3rd June 2018, 5:18 am

Haruyuki listened to the words Yona had to say. She leads though Haruyuki, he didn’t like that thought much but he had no other choice. Besides it would be just the two of them, if something happened he could always take the lead upon himself with ease. “Sure, I’ll be the guide and I’ll support you in your actions.” He bowed slightly and smiled. “Yeah, I’ll grab my things. No questions.” Said Haruyuki and he parted from Yona. He went first back to his seat to gather his papers and then went back to his chamber.

Haruyuki opened the door to his chamber and walked to his chest at the end of his bed. He took sets of clothes out of his chest and placed them in his bag. He stuffed some food rations and books in their as well. Last he packed where sandal’s trimmed with bear fur and his metal cone-shaped helmet which he both hung on his bag. He checked if he got everything and then picked up his sword which he hung in his belt. He left the room and locked the door.
    It Haruyuki had made it easily within the half hour and Yona wasn’t there yet, so he waited. Yona arrived shortly where her belongings. “Ready?” Asked Harayuki, who was fully packed and ready to go.
    WC:223
    (Total: 1290)

Segodon
    Theme:

Zincarla
    Zincarla

Post by Zincarla 4th June 2018, 1:05 pm

Yona Hisamori had returned to her room. She changed her clothes to be more comfortable for wear in the Glaciers. She wore two sweaters, one black and the one on the outer side was light blue. She carried her coat over her right arm and her feet were secured in thicker, sturdier white boots. She borrowed them of course, and planned to give them back to whoever left them out in the hallway. Yona wore a pair of comfortable black pants over her previous pale blue leggings. In her mind, as much as white was the color to wear, when it came to traversing the snow caps the woman wanted to be sure she could be seen by her traveling companion. Getting lost was not going to be worth the money in a place as frigid as that!

She brought a bag with a change of clothes and filled the rest of it with a book and food supplies. She chose several fruits, some bread and cheese, but it was hard to predict what might survive in the Glaciers. She carried it all down with ease, but the extra clothing layers made her sweat. As beautiful as she was, there was no hiding a beat of sweat on one's brow. Yona cared little and gave a nod to her unlikely partner. "Of course. Do we take a train, or a ferry or what? Whats the fastest way to get there?" Outside of using Johann to teleport them around, she wasn't sure what the fastest route would be. It was time for this guy to earn his keep and be the travel guide she needed.

Whichever way he guided them, it was likely to take a long time to get there. Long enough that Yona planned in advance to catch up on some sleep and some reading.

WC:1692

Current date/time is 30th May 2024, 1:58 am