Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Where is the Love (Sol/Ruvel/Rasparov)

Sol
    Sol

Shadow of Death

Shadow of Death

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- 11 Sinner- Coming Storms- Guild Master- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- Dark Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Tertiary Magic- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Immortal Death
    Position : Warlord of Superbia
    Guild : Co GM of Onyx Moon
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Nykyrian, Ballom The Poison Dragon
    Experience : 2,005,532

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Venom God Slayer 1st Gen
    Second Skill: Shadow Dragon Slayer 2nd Gen
    Third Skill:

Where is the Love (Sol/Ruvel/Rasparov) Empty Where is the Love (Sol/Ruvel/Rasparov)

Post by Sol 7th January 2018, 9:36 pm

Mission Details and Approval:

Sol yawned as he returned back to the  Black Sails guild after he hard parted ways from Sophitia and he had given the girl his contact information so she could meet him again and he quickly grabbed a cup of coffee as he headed for the guild job board and took a sip of the hot beverage .”huh looks like they put up more jobs since I left” he muttered as he glanced at the board with his mug in hand and he suddenly caught sight of a job that looked rather interesting but it looked like it was only ment for S rank wizards but if more then one A rank wizard were to take it then it would be able to be approved.”looks like I’m going to be getting some help for this one but who to ask for help I hardly know anyone.” he grumbled slightly since  he knew next to no one on the guild at all.

He turned and took another swig of coffee  he took the paper and he held up the job.”hey anyone want to do a job with me I need a partner or two?” he said  a bit loud so people could hear him and he would sit at a nearby while he waited for hopefully anyone to come up  and perhaps offer him some help, it was interesting for him as well since joining Black Sails Sol had noticed a few wary glances but so far most were being fair with him and since he had returned from the job he had done including the emergency Circus job many more  guild members were warming up to him. To be honest it actually was rather refreshing having people not walk around egg shells around him.” I still  can’t help but feel something is going to come back to bite me in the ass when I least expect it, bah can’t do nothing till it happens but  I should be ready just in case” he muttered to himself. he quickly went and got a refill for his cup and he added some creamer to it for a change of pace, he hoped that he got an answer soon since he wanted to get back into the swing of doing missions again.

(375 WC)

Last edited by Sol on 21st May 2018, 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown. Fear what you do not Know"

Gold Lacrima Ends 11/23/2020

Ruvel
    Ruvel

Deceiving Spiritual Light

Developer/GFX Artist- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- Job Creator- Working Together- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Halloween gfx'ers- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Tier 5- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Have an Admin as a friend!- Have aeluri On Your Friend's List- Player 
    Lineage : Spiritual Light
    Position : God of Resilience
    Guild : GM of Onyx Moon
    Mentor : Cirven
    Experience : 3,757,396

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Amma Olpirt Gah-l
    Second Skill: Light Demonslayer, 2nd Gen
    Third Skill:

Where is the Love (Sol/Ruvel/Rasparov) Empty Re: Where is the Love (Sol/Ruvel/Rasparov)

Post by Ruvel 9th January 2018, 5:39 pm

It was early in the morning when the youth had woken, this was nothing abnormal as those that where on the night shift had found out quickly but they still thought him a little strange given he had a room inside the building but still slept at the back of the headquarters but knew better than to question it. He knew there where all sorts of rumours ranging from he was raised by wolves to he was a nature spirit that hated being trapped inside, he paid little attention to such rumours as he knew it was as far from the truth as it could get. No one dared asked after the first time, the twins had trapped them in a nightmarish sleep for a few minutes making the man run in fear. The worst thing was Ruvel had no idea what happened so was confused with the outcome, but rumours of what happens when you asked about the past quickly spread making the youth more reluctant to speak with more than a few people socially.

He had dealt with his normal routine of bathing and taking care of the small swallow family that had taken up residency on the bedding that he never used. Standing he stretched a little knowing that the he had the addition to his training to tend to. "The route has changed most likely." it was never the same route since Cirven didn't want him to become complacent and get use to certain things so started darting up a tree and ran the course marked by crystals that he would have to grab along the way. Some where on the ground, others where at the level he was at others higher or in awkward and hard to reach places, if that wasn't hard enough there where also physical and magical traps set up that he had to avoid and/or disarm making this task first thing in the morning even harder; by the time he had finished the route his normal training uniform was a little worse for wear. "I can't believe it... well I can..." he said in a grumpy tone as quite a few of the crystals had been placed on or very near traps. "My brother is evil..." he complained as he walked into the companies headquarters and right to the kitchen.

While making his food he sighed however hearing one of those who had just recently joined yelling in the reception area asking for help only making him stop what he was doing. Walking out of the kitchen he seen the culprit and walked over as he got himself another cup of coffee. "Mr Terum, I am unsure how things where ran at Basilisk Fang, but this is a respectable trading company we don't yell in the reception area, it looks bad on us." he said holding out his hand for the flyer that had the job, once given he moved further into the mess hall knowing Rasparov would likely be around by now and would see if he would help in the endeavour "Rasparov, a little help please..." he said putting down the flyer allowing him to read it as he couldn't. "Think it's something we can help with?" he asked, the two had worked well in the past and had a unique understanding of the other that they'd never tell.

Word count: 560

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Where is the Love (Sol/Ruvel/Rasparov) 59835_s
    On the battlefield various things are running rampant...
    Victory... Defeat... Hatred... Chance Luck... and
    Betrayal

Golden Lacrima Ends: 17/01/2021
    Rasparov
    Rasparov

Haiku Contest Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Evolution Dominance
    Position : None
    Guild : Rune Knights
    Experience : 32,387.5

Where is the Love (Sol/Ruvel/Rasparov) Empty Re: Where is the Love (Sol/Ruvel/Rasparov)

Post by Rasparov 11th January 2018, 2:10 am

The last few days, maybe even weeks, had been a jumble of ups and downs. It was almost like he had been on the world's worst roller coaster ride and had had no chance of getting off of it when it came to a stop for everyone else. It had all started when he had met the boy known as Ruvel. Rasparov Kimovich should have never gone along to the job the Magic Council was asking all mages to partake upon, even if Cirven had strongly suggested for him to go and help out the weaker members of Black Sails and the West Fiore Trading Company. After that he had gotten caught up in other jobs and missions that had led him to where he was right now. He had fought Demi twice, having lost the first time and then adapting so that he could win the second fight, and his creators were now out to get him as soon as they could. Hell, he was still getting used to the new powers and information he had received after eating Apathy due to being pulled into what was going on around him. If he had left to his own devices he could have secretly gone on to do what he wished to do before gaining the power needed to take out his creators. That was all ruined when he had gone out to help Ruvel, and now he had no access to any of the magic he had learned save for the weaker stuff he likely would not need anytime soon.

Sitting in the mess hall, eating his toasted bagel with a light amount of raspberry jam, the homunculus would be paused from finishing his breakfast by the sudden voice ringing out in the mess hall. It would be a new voice in the crowd, a new member he would soon be introduced to if he knew Ruvel or the rest of this guild at all. The male voice asked if anyone wanted to be his job partner for a job he had found. He was uncertain of going on his own, due to expecting it to go wrong on him suddenly if he went solo, and the man dressed as a butler was intending to ignore it and finish his food. The Leviathan Slayer would get two-thirds through his snack before he was interrupted again, this time by someone he had to put on his happy face for. 'A little help please' would be asked right after his name was given, Ruvel setting down the flyer for the job so that Rasparov could read it. Popping the rest of his bagel into his mouth, the well-dressed man would read through the paper before swallowing his food and standing up gently to turn and face the ace of Black Sails. "I do believe this job is a bit too easy for us, so the jewel reward offered is quite high for it. A good one for us to do, if you really wish for me to help. Shall you introduce me to the new member that seems to be the one wanting us to go with him? He seems like such the pleasant fellow." The polite voice would be just loud enough to hear if one were within a few feet of them, but past that it was not audible. Rasparov may not be able to use any kind of powerful magic for the time being like the others likely would be able to do, but he was a master swordsman and was much faster than anyone ever expected. A few border patrolman would not last long agains the three unless they came across a large mass of them in one go, and patrols never worked that way from what he knew from all of the gained information he had inside of his mind.

[644]
    [644/4667]

Where is the Love (Sol/Ruvel/Rasparov) ItgRqcj
    Sol
    Sol

Shadow of Death

Shadow of Death

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- 11 Sinner- Coming Storms- Guild Master- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- Dark Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Tertiary Magic- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Sol 12th January 2018, 12:53 am

Sol blinked as he finished his coffee and saw someone approach him, it was one of the members that had helped when he along with the others that had left Basilisk Fang ran into trouble. He heard what Ruvel said and he rubbed the back of his head.” I’m sorry…Ruvel right? I’m still adjusting and I didn’t mean to make a ruckus” he said trying to be nice and get along with people. He created a shadow portal in two spots and stuck his hand in it before he pulled it out and the cup was once again full of coffee. He also passed the flier to Ruvel as well so he could read it before he would call over another person named Rasparov to have them help on the mission.

As the man named Rasparov approached and agreed to go on the mission with them Sol bowed a bit when he was asked who he was and he then spoke. “I am Sol Terumi I just joined recently after meeting Ruvel along with a few others in Tolgalen, they helped me and the people with me out of a tough spot” he explained before he looked at Ruvel. “Thank you again for helping me out I owe you one that’s for sure” he said with small smile to him.”I appreciate the help from you two, I’m still not a high enough rank to do this yet but with three of us this should be a walk in the park”" he said with a grin.

Now that he had partners for this mission the next thing that Sol was wondering was how would they get to the clients location. Would it be better to take a boat to the mainland and go from there, or would it be better for him to just shift to dragon form and fly them to the location or at least a bit of a ways away. While he waited Sol would listen to what Ruvel and Rasparov said and would follow them accordingly, as far as he was concerned he was learning from them how to keep his power restrained and not kill everything in his path.

364 wc

739/4667

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown. Fear what you do not Know"

Ruvel
    Ruvel

Developer/GFX Artist- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- Job Creator- Working Together- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Halloween gfx'ers- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Tier 5- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Have an Admin as a friend!- Have aeluri On Your Friend's List- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ruvel 15th January 2018, 9:06 pm

All Ruvel could do was sigh, he knew this would take time for those who had just joined and he was trying to be strict but patient at the same time, this of course was very trying for the otherwise passive youth. "I can appreciate that it's going to take some time to get use to given your old guild had its own way of doing things and cared little for consequence of the outcome, but this is completely different we do have a reputation to maintain Mr Terumi please remember this." his voice was still calm and quiet as he spoke on the matter but it was clear he wouldn't be played for a fool nor would he suffer them on this matter, it was when the other said his name he nodded "That's right my name is Ruvel." he still had the want to cringe in the worst kind of way when he said that name but then to him there was only one other option and he hated that one even worse than what he had chosen to be called. Ruvel shrugged on the matter "We help without question at this company, but you or the others do anything to break that trust or damage this company we will be less forgiving than your last guild." he warned his dual coloured eyes showing that this was no idle threat but a promise.

Ruvel turned his attention back to the homunculus eating the toasted bagel and raspberry jam listening to what he had to say as he started rummaging through his pockets as if he was looking something "I better not have lost that, Demi wouldn't be best please and then Oykai will be annoyed to." he commented to himself as he continued looking, it was unlike him to be disorganised but with what had happened recently with his 'blackout' he had seemed to have memory issued. "Found it!" he proclaimed bringing out what seemed to be a black marble with a royal purple mist like aura coming from it. "Demi said she owed you this." he said holding it out to him leaning in "She said you enjoy it because it is a rarity, it's a wraith with a soul." he whispered so that only Rasparov would be able to hear his words before taking a few steps back. He had no idea that such being could hold souls but it seemed that it was indeed an abnormality that happened every few hundred million that were born or made.

Hearing the continuation he nodded he was about to open his mouth to do the introductions when Sol had beaten him to it "And Mr Terumi this is Rasparov Kimovich, he helps me quite a lot which I am grateful for." he said with a smile, he knew from their last few meeting that with the older males help and guidance he was becoming stronger and understanding things a bit more. He had even found on some subjects that they shared the same opinions, though he had also seen him as very straight to the point not that he minded as he knew quite often what he showed and said out in the world was rarely what he was feeling or thinking; but somehow seemed willing to deal with Ruvel time and again even knowing what he knew of them. Then again could this have been either because he liked the smaller man, that Demi gave good meals or the fact they could mutually destroy the other knowing their secrets, whatever the reason was Ruvel was glad Rasparov was someone he could count on. "Lets get going this place doesn't seem to nice." he said allowing the light for once change him to his date to day clothing as he walked out the mess hall, through the reception area and down to a black obsidian area near the docks trusting Sol and Rasparov would follow.

"I ssannnnhan thi nnh tshh gairrtiin flinness shaf rredirrtsh" he called out before taking a few steps back, as he did a loud bang followed by a screech, those who called the island home continued as if it didn't even happen, before long a large phoenix standing 30 feet tall with a wingspan of 37 feet and seemingly with golden feathers landed in front of Ruvel knocking him back five meters "Hello Bennu" he started stroking his head lovingly before being picked up with a chirp and plopped on the large birds back "We need to get to... um... Bellum" He said calmly watching as he lowered his wing to allow the others to climb on chirping a little, if Sol paid enough attention then he'd notice that each feather was a golden flame; as soon as everyone was on and settled he there was a screech and followed by an almighty sonic boom as Bennu took off heading off to their destination. "Feel free to wander around and look over he won't let you fall." he said with a small yawn as he curled by the giant bird's neck to try and get some rest since he had little rest of late "Cirven is going to kill me... I forgot my things again." he sighed, it was whenever he was dealing with the mage like butler he never seemed to follow his normal checks.

Before long they would land near the entrance of crystal town Bennu nudging at the sleeping Ruvel chirping and nipping at his hair. "Hng.." escaped the youths mouth as he grabbed the giant birds beak making him being lifted and set on the ground as he lowered his wing to allow the others off, Ruvel's eyes looking into the golden eyes of his young summon as he stood on his feet yawning. "Go back to mother, she'll be worried about you." he said stroking his beak, as before a screech and sonic boom followed making him fall back a bit. "You'd think I would know better by now." he sighed standing up and dusting himself off "Any idea where we're meant to be meeting this client?" he asked because he had no idea so had to follow the lead of the other two.

Word count: 1'035
    Total word count: 1'595

(Rolling for mobs, I did roll 4 but only 3 showed)

Last edited by Ruvel on 15th January 2018, 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Betrayal

NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 15th January 2018, 9:06 pm

The member 'Ruvel' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    Where is the Love (Sol/Ruvel/Rasparov) MPfmPli  Where is the Love (Sol/Ruvel/Rasparov) TV6mrb1  Where is the Love (Sol/Ruvel/Rasparov) TV6mrb1  Where is the Love (Sol/Ruvel/Rasparov) TV6mrb1
    Rasparov
    Rasparov

Post by Rasparov 20th January 2018, 1:54 am

Ruvel would be a dear and introduce him to Sol, that was appreciated deeply. He did not know this man, nor if he could trust him as far as he could likely throw him. "A pleasure to meet you. It will be interesting to see how you fare on your first mission with the two of us." He wanted to say more after that, insults that were not immediately recognizable and other such things. Sadly, Rasparov was to be on his best behavior when it came to the new recruits of the guild. Not to mention he had to hide what he really was and remaining the proper butler was the safest way to get away with that. No ones expected such a proper and polite person to be pitch black under the surface, not when they could not sense anything else underneath what he allowed of himself to be broadcast. It would not be long for Ruvel to move them along, clearly wanting to get it over with quickly due to how frail and weak he was. Yes, Rasparov still disliked that about the boy. Even with what he was there were ways to fix it, they just had to try and figure them out.

The group would be traveling on Bennu again, Rasparov simply getting on and keeping his spot with his legs as he played with the small orb that held his next fight and meal. A wraith with a soul, such a rarity indeed. It would be a tasty snack, and he hoped it would it also be a fun fight. It was as he thought about such things, and other plans for when he had access to his magic, as the flight took place. He would remain silent, not really paying attention to either of them until the partially fried chicken landed so that he could hop off immediately. After they had landed, and the flaming turkey flew away, Ruvel would ask about where they were meant to be meeting the client. Having read the paper fully, and having a good memory as well, the homunculus would speak up to remind the child where they needed to go. "I believe he said we need to go to the small town near the mountains that mark the border between Bellum and Pergrande. We have to get him across the country borders, so that is the best place to meet for such a thing in the end." Rasparov would look at both of the mages with him as he spoke these words, making sure both understood what he was saying so they knew which direction to walk.

[440]
    [1084/4667]

Sol
    Sol

Shadow of Death

Shadow of Death

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Sol 24th January 2018, 1:33 am

Sol nodded at Ruvels words and he knew he had to adapt to his new home since he couldn’t do what he did when he was still in Basilisk Fang.” I understand. Basilisk Fang cared for secrecy other then that it wasent that different from other guilds of that nature, but I know this is very different  from that  and all I know is that I’m grateful for this chance to bit a better person if only a bit” he said honestly before he waved off the young mans way of addressing him."please call me Sol  Mr Terumi sounds odd for some reason” he said before he chuckled at the end. As the threat that Ruvel spoke to him Sol became serious and nodded.” I have no intent of breaking the trust that you all have given us and should I do something that would in anyway damage this company I will fully accept any kind of punishment “he said  his tone was humble and he was being respectful to the young man.

As  he met Rasparov the butler  seemed happy to meet him as well and showed interest in the seeing how he would fair in a mission with them. “I’m confident but since this is different then most of the missions I have done I suppose I’ll be learning from you two this time” he said with a small smile. They headed towards the docks and Sol followed  Ruvels idea and he used shadow to shift from his work uniform to his everyday wear which was more black then white.  Watching with a smirk as a large firebird was summoned by Ruvel and he  walked carefully on the birds wing before he saw the fiery feathers and he smiled a bit before he yawned and  laid on his back and dozed off as they traveled. Once they had managed to reach the crystal town Sol only yawned before he turned and made the mistake of rolling off  Bennu and hitting the ground roughly.”ugh forgot I was elevated" he mumbled as he  quickly performed a kip up to right himself. Sniffing the air as Rasparov  explained they needed  Sol caught the scent of  things you would smell in a town and he motioned for them to follow him. “ I think I got the scent the town is rather close” he explained.

395 WC

1146/4667

Ruvel
    Ruvel

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ruvel 28th January 2018, 11:23 am

Ruvel looked to Sol cocking his head slightly to the right as the two spoke about how this would be Sol's first job with them his duo coloured eyes hiding his real thoughts "Confidence is a good thing however, I wouldn't be overly so... neither of us really like a show off who tries to be a one man army nor do we really like those make careless mistakes Mr. Terumi." his words clear on what would and wouldn't be tolerated, if anything he was a little concerned he would upset Rasparov and be devoured as his next meal just because he was powerful but incompetent. Ruvel couldn't help but grumble his left hand moving to his forehead rubbing it lightly, he could already feel a headache coming on and the day was still very much new "If this was how your former guild kept secrets how hasn't the magic council caught them or that they are still around." he said coldly his eyes looking up with a glow to them "Certain 'things' aren't spoken about in the mess hall and secrecy is one of them as this company is an open book..." he said "for the most part." he ended with a hushed voice so only Rasparov and Sol would hear with their enhanced hearing thanks to their kinds of magic.

"We of course there are things we keep out of the reach of those not of the company and even then some things you still require special permissions to open them but for the most part.." he continue with his hushed voice before smiling "We have a good trusting relationship with the people of our country, employees, other nations and clients where we offer them tours in which they see how everything works." he said openly as if the part in between never happened in the hopes he got his point across to Sol. The company was just as important as Black Sails but that not everyone was a member of both, it was all about keeping the reputation of the company flawless through the perception of being one hundred percent open on the inner workings while keeping the important stuff hidden. It was an impressive game of balance, smoke and mirrors but thanks to Cirven somehow it worked. "You ask anyone around here unless I know you on more than a professional level I am always formal." he said thinking for a moment realising that out of those he normally spoke with the only two he wasn't formal with was his adoptive brother Cirven and the homunculus known as Rasparov.

He was turning to look at Rasparov when he heard a thud behind him and where he didn't jump he was ready to create a weapon of light quickly, that was until he turned to see Sol on the floor. Ruvel moved his left hand to his face shaking his head a little "What have I gotten us into?" he said quietly all of a sudden feeling the need to apologise to the elder male clad in black for talking him into doing this job, before he could however Rasparov spoke of where they where to meet the client and nodded "Okay, have either of you been here before because I haven't." he was honest on the matter, for the most part he didn't wander to far from the company's headquarters and if he did it was normally for diplomacy, dealing with clients though some of them he didn't want to be near so taking jobs was a rarity. He looked to Sol again and nodded "Going by the flyer, this place is a nation of mages so don't underestimate them." he said to remind them both, he knew they weren't stupid in any sense of the word he just wanted to cover all bases before he started walking.

Word Count: 642
    Total Word Count: 2'237

Betrayal

Rasparov
    Rasparov

Post by Rasparov 24th February 2018, 6:24 pm

What was this Sol guy? Forgot he was elevated? Was he some kind of dimwitted plebian that was meant to be tossed out into the streets so that natural selection could run its course for him? How does one forget that they are more than ten feet off the ground, let alone flying through the air and moving without having to do anything of their own accord? Even if he had fallen asleep he would have at least partially remembered what had gone on with it. He had fallen asleep on the thing, he would at least remember that he was not laying on a bed or solid ground. Hell, it was quite obvious that they were on a creature of flesh and such. Now if it had been a construct of some earth element it would be a better case for Sol, but now this new member of Black Sails and the West Fiore Trading Company had to deal with an Ace and a veteran member believing he was some kind of retarded nitwit that should not be allowed to do anything on his own. Hopefully, Rasparov would not be given the honor of babysitting him after this, that would end up a bloody mess in the end.

With a part of his mind still ranting over the stupidity that he wished he could throw off of the edge of existence, the butler began to speak up in response to the two that he was currently with on this job. "I have no fear of the mages of this country. I have no reason to estimate them in any way, shape, or form. Whether under or over. They are standard people for this country and that means they will be lax, unused to also fighting any kind of powerful mage themselves. Also, I believe the scent you have caught is leading the other way than we need to go. The wind is shifting a bit and I think you caught a whiff of it coming back from the wrong way." Pointing in the right direction, Rasparov would make clear where the proper scent was heading and wave at Sol so that he would follow the two of them as they moved on in the correct direction.

[377]
    [1461/4667]

Sol
    Sol

Shadow of Death

Shadow of Death

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Sol 4th March 2018, 3:16 pm

Sol sighes as he noticed that Ruvel and Rasparov seemed to think he was kinda dumb due to falling off and now he hard to work harder to prove he wasent a fool “ I understand Ruvel I am confident but I do not intend to underestimate a foe or show off “ Sol explained before he saw Ruvel rubbing his forhead and the dragon could only sigh.”my former guild is stubborn as a cockroach. I know many secrets and I have made sure that Cirven knows so he is not caught off guard by anything. You all have taken a risk by taking me and my group in and I will hide nothing from all of you” he said honestly. He would do what he could for the company and all he had asked Cirven for was just to be honest with him.

As Ruvel went on to explain that some things of the company and guild were not spoken of but as the young man smiled and seemed very happy about how they had a good relationship with their country and others and Sol could only smile a bit and nod as well.”I can see that Ruvel and it makes me glad that I am in this company. This is a way for me to redeem myself if only a little” he explained. As he had gotten up from the ground he caught ruvels comment and he could only sigh and relize he already set a bad example for his mistake. When he was asked if he had ever been here Sol only shook his head.”I havent been outside of Fiore that much to be honest” he said before he heard Rasparoves comment.

I agree I do not fear them either but I will not underestimate them at all I have learned to treat every foe like they are a deadly threat it tends to save ones life” he said before he continued.”even if they are unused to fighting powerful mages I would rather not take a chance considering we have the client to worry about” he said since if he recalled right they had to escort the client and that ment that he was a target for any aiming to sabotoge the mission.”sorry Rasparov your right” he said as he followed them and he kept his ears and nose alerted for any enemys that could pop up and cause problems before they even reached the client. So far they had encountered nothing but the dragon did not like to take chances on a job.

400WC

1546/4667

Ruvel
    Ruvel

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ruvel 7th March 2018, 4:28 pm

Ruvel sighed a little he couldn't help but wonder if all the time Sol had spent up the frozen heights of Mount Hakobe had frozen the former snakes brain. 'I really hope it thaws out, I'd hate for another stupid mistake to happen out here. It's not like we're wearing masks so this can have fallout if we aren't careful.' he thought to himself as he listens to the two trying to state which direction the trio where meant to be heading. He knew the three had heightened senses but it didn't exactly help them when some smells and sounds were new to them, right now they where walking in the dark so to speak with no idea if this could possibly be a elaborate trap as seemed to have happened quite a few times in recent months. "I dread to think how you will be when Bennu is fully grown Mr. Terumi, you could seriously harm yourself." he commented finally deciding he may as well comment on the incident that had just happened "And how do you forget you're on a golden flaming phoenix, even in a haze his feathers glow like a fire." he said sighing once more scratching his head 'How could someone this forgetful become a person of importance within a strong dark guild? If he was the best they had then I wonder what the incompetent members looked like.' shaking his head a little he got such thoughts out of his head before his summons got involved, he could only hope being on a task with himself and Rasparov would straighten him out as he knew Rasparov would have no issue killing Sol and with their mutual destruction truce in place he couldn't nor would he sell the other out.

Hearing Rasparov stating the direction that Sol had picked up was wrong he discreetly sniffed at the air nodding "Agreed, the wind changed." he said calmly walking the way Rasparov had pointed covering his mouth as he yawned briefly as he was still waking from the time asleep on his summon. His eyes going back to Sol as he spoke "Good, I would hate to have to knock some sense into you or off a high horse. Things are done far differently in a guild like ours than a dark guild, we're far more tactful." he said continuing to walk forward "Well of course you don't Rasparov, you are quite adept at hand to hand combat from what I've seen most mages aren't." he commented as most mages bar a few select types tended to be more shot at a distance but he knew there where a few like Rasparov and Cirven whom could do both equally well. "With how the defences are set up it is very hard to catch us off guard." he commented to what the elder ruby eyed male had said "None the less it will help us make things securer I'm sure." he said his tone seeming thankful that they had gained such information, in truth even without it he wasn't to worried given what he and Cirven had after them they had to make sure every eventuality was covered; what very few even within the company knew was that even the lacrima used as lighting inside, outside and the guiding lacrima at the top of the company headquarters where also elementally charged to deal damage to intruders to buy more time for them to get ready for the enemy.

"Oh we intend to change your image completely or I will personally lock you in the basement." he said without tone so it was hard to know if the feminine male was joking about this or not, Rasparov being around the dual coloured youth for so long and having met a few of his summons would know that this was no idle threat he would carry it out without a second thought. "I can keep the client safe with little issue, worry little about that." he said with a small smile what no one knew was that his slayer magics wasn't for attacking but was more defensive, illusion and hiding people and things from sight, if that didn't help he had a few summons that could do the same thing so to him that part was simple. It was the dealing with the guards that could be a bit of a chore as far as he was concerned but that was more to do with his own frailty than anything else, then something dawned on him "We might have an issue as even at current I don't really give of a magical aura so they may see me as the client." he was hoping even though his magical presence seemed almost none existent it would be enough for these mages to take him seriously.

After a while of walking they came to the gate to get into the city where it seemed an elder male was checking passports before allowing people into the city 'Shindara, what's going on?' he asked the elder of the void dwelling princes hoping that he would get a reply. 'It's a checkpoint, the elderly gentleman is the captain of the guard, from his aura don't upset him.' Shindara sent back to his young summoner, he knew without being an immediate threat the twins would never give him more than vague information and he wouldn't push them as he understood their rules and why they had them. "Checkpoint, he's the captain of the guard." he let the other two know, he hoped that would be enough for the two of them to be on their best behaviour and not upset the elderly man.

Word count: 947
    Total word count: 3'184

Betrayal

Rasparov
    Rasparov

Post by Rasparov 26th March 2018, 5:45 pm

It was interesting hearing Ruvel drop subtle insults at others, where once he would have likely remained silent or tried to help them. Maybe the boy was learning, or maybe he was just hanging around Rasparov a little bit too much. Even so he also complimented Rasparov on his hand to hand combat. "Well, that was something drilled into me in prior training and I quite enjoy being close enough to see my enemies face when he falls. Brings a bit more excitement into the fight, would it not?" Rasparov knew it sounded bad, but who was going to call him out on that? Ruvel? Ruvel would not try to call him out on something like that at the given time, not with both having such valuable information about the other. Sol would likely not do anything either. Hell, he was from that cowardly dark guild known as Basilisk Fang. They tried to do things stealthily, but they had been stopped so often by people like Rasparov that it was a wonder they even still had new recruits joining them at all.

It would not take long for them to come across a checkpoint right at the city gates, and before they got to the person they were supposed to be taking over the border. Before they could get to them completely, Rasparov would lean over to Ruvel and whisper to him so no one else could hear at all. "I believe we should do this without getting into a fight just yet, even though I would love to kill them all. We do not want to try and fight our way through an entire country when we can limit it to just the mountain pass trail to Pergrande." With that Rasparov would stand up straight and allow himself to look as if he was following Ruvel as a butler would follow their master. Looks could be deceiving, and that was Rasparov's entire goal with this act.

[327]
    [1788/4667]

Sol
    Sol

Shadow of Death

Shadow of Death

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Sol 30th March 2018, 11:27 pm

Sol heard Ruvels comment on him possably harming himself once Bennu was fully grown and he simply shook his head.” it would take more then a fall from him no matter his height to harm me since I am a dragon even if I am in human form I have my species durability” he explained. He was not being arrogant but merely stating a fact.while Ruvel kept grilling him about how he fell Sol felt his eyebrow twitching.”ok I get it I fell “ he grumbled. He was honestly getting tired of being mocked for what happened but since he was trying to make a good impression he kept his mouth shut. Sol just listened to Ruvel explain that the company worked far differently then the last guild he was in and he knew that but he had to wonder why Ruvel insisted on repeating it over and over again to the dragon, he knew it was different and he was trying very hard to fit in and be better then he was but why was it the younger member felt the need to continuously say it. As Ruvel said that Rasparov was the type to fight at close range the dragon smirked a bit and he nodded his head at the demon butlers words.

Ill admit there is a certain satisfaction when you fight up close . But any that tend to fight like that know and accept the risks. Would you perhaps be interested in a spar later Rasparov?” he asked. Even if he was trying to be a better person Sol still had a love of battle and he enjoyed fighting even if it didn’t involve magic. If the demon butler could hold his own up close then Sol might get a decent workout. When Ruvel explained that he would take care of defending the client Sol nodded to show he understood. Defending was a bit tough for the dragon since most of his magic was meant to infect and kill an enemy and Sol had to be very careful not to catch enemys in the cross fire. It was one of the reasons that Sol fought up close is by fighting up close he can lower the risk of hitting an ally. It was then that Ruvel brought up another issue that could be tricky, he mentioned that he didn’t really put out a magical aura and that the guards may see him as the client and Sol got a contemplative look on his face as they waked. “perhaps we could say that my magic signature and Rasparovs magic signature overshadows yours” he offered as an idea

Sol heard the younger man say that the check point was approaching the dragon only nodded and understood that they had to tread lightly, he knew if they did anything to upset the captain that things would get ugly fast. As they got closer the captain spoke to the three.” Passports please” he said in a no nonsense tone. Sol reached into his coat pocket and pulled out his passport before he showed it to the man and while he was given a very cautious glance he was allowed to go thru. Sol stepped across the check point and waited for the other two to get thru.

WC 550

2096/4667

Ruvel
    Ruvel

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ruvel 7th April 2018, 1:59 pm

Ruvel put his hand to his head and sighed as he listened to Sol's seeming boast about being a dragon and thus even in human form would likely not take much harm. "Mr. Terumi, my summon Bennu is four months old and is thirty feet tall, now imagine him as a fully grown adult; then if you look to your feet you will also take note of the obsidian that he created when he landed. His kind have the hottest fire of any Phoenix so could easily weaken dragonic scales, so please don't be so prideful it will be your undoing." Ruvel himself wasn't saying any of this to boast to the other but to teach him not to take everything at face value, many would see Bennu and think he was fully grown and if not paying attention may have missed the obsidian that was created due to the heat caused by the golden flames. This was because while he allows people to ride on him the flames remain at a comfortable level of each individual he carried. "I said what I did before not to chastise you but due to a deep concern I have, what I said now on the other hand is very much a very blunt chastise. To many people rely on their eyes and thus take them at face value, this is why they are fools who often don't last long. Please remember this as I would hate to see your grave being dug because of blatant stupidity or foolish pride." with that he turned his eyes back to Rasparov dreading what he was truly thinking of this whole situation because he was sure his words were still far kinder but that was a minefield he would rather avoid if he could help it.

"We also keep you reminding you of the fall because if this had been a hostile area we would have had to keep you safe while you recovered meaning we would be putting ourselves and possibly others at risk." he wasn't about to tell him that Rasparov would likely let him die for the idiotic mistake, he wanted to make sure such a thing was being drilled into the stubborn and prideful dragon's head because his summons would keep him safe before anyone else even if he told them to do otherwise, he was their bridge from their homes to this realm and had a binding contract to each other until Ruvel eventual passing. "And I realise I may seem to be repeating myself and this is because I'd rather not have to kill you because of a relapse in behaviour... our company has taken a great risk vouching for you and your companions..." he started with a sigh his hand going to his head again "Where your companions are not known throughout Earthland it has come to my attention you were due to your actions.." his voice changing from its normal stoic nature to something colder as two glowing moon blue eyes with golden amber at the centre looked to him "I would hate to have to put you down because you put him at risk little lizard." the voice that came through though sounding like the normal boy that both would be use to there was a darker more sinister tone that showed that this wasn't an idle threat but a promise, a smirk on his face for a short moment before it faded after blinking Ruvel's eyes returned to being dual coloured.

"I feel dizzy..." he said leaning against a near by tree as he seemingly caught his breath and balance unaware of what had just happened, after a few long moments he got back into the line with the others. "I know Rasparov and that is why I am glad you are on our side.." his eyes looked to the taller man as he didn't know if it was of his own choice or not but he wasn't about to ask in public, they had a mutual understanding on their secrets and there was to much for them both to lose if one spoke to much about certain things. When Demi and Rasparov sparred or on the rare occasion the two did speak the training hall or room in question was in lock down for both parties sake, when they where out like they where at current their tones where so gentle that only the other could pick up on the words knowing there were other slayers and just how sensitive their hearing was so didn't want to be overheard.

Hearing Rasparov's words and advice he nodded agreeing that it would just be plain stupid to fight their way in, collect the client while being hunted and fight their way out of the country again. "Agreed, but before we collect our client masks on; the last thing we need is bad relations between this place and the company." he whispered back so only Rasparov could knowing that a fight would break out at some point especially with two fighters and people in the way of them getting to their goal. He turned to Sol with a serious look "Before meeting the client mask on just in case, I said the same thing to Rasparov." he just preferred to be safer than sorry, his voice was still low as a whisper but this time loud enough they'd both hear him. Knowing the facade that Rasparov gave when they had been close he slid his own passport to where Rasparov held his own. He then heard Sol's suggestion to his dilemma but then had a better idea "As we are the same rank that wouldn't work Mr. Terumi but thank you for the suggestion." he said calmly as they got to the front of the line, hearing for their passports being called for he sighed silently hating when he had to act like an aristocrat but it couldn't be helped he already could feel the smirk of 'his' butler.

"Rasparov, show the man the papers he desires so we can continue on our way, we have got an appointment to keep and I will not tolerate being tardy for any reason." he said to the other not looking back because he already knew what was coming the moment they were out of ear shot of the guards in question. "Is everything in order?" he asked looking to the captain of the guard who had taken the passports when offered "Your magic level doesn't match your rank..." he commented looking to Ruvel suspiciously "Yes, this is because of the way my magic works; I use a long lost form of summoning, my magical essence flows into the bonds even when they are not summoned." he said with an irritated tone "And no I am not going to waste my energy, magic, time or my summons time to give you a demonstration; now if you please I am on very important business for my trading company to the Onaiisei family." the man seemed to whiten at the name Ruvel had mentioned and stepped out of the way. "Much better... I will report this digression however if we are late." with that he moved into the city "Maera..." he whispered the small jingle of a bell heard behind Ruvel's hair "Big sister can you get us directions to the artisan's area of town please." he asked listening as the small bell could be heard now in the distance. He knew they now had to wait for Sol before they could head forward but for now they would out of eye and ear shot as his summon gathered the required information she had been asked for.

Word Count: 1'284
    Total Word Count: 4'468

(Word count reached)

@Rasparov @Sol

Betrayal

Rasparov
    Rasparov

Post by Rasparov 14th April 2018, 8:09 pm

Rasparov would allow Sol to speak and bicker with Ruvel for the time being as they approached, what he had said to the ace of the guild was all he needed to say for the time being until they started to get close enough for them to discuss the plan to get through in a bit more detail. Ruvel would eventually talk about what they were about to do. An agreement would be made to keep things civil until it was absolutely necessary to fight their way out to Pergrande. They were not powerful enough to take on an entire country, not yet at least, and simple guards and patrols would be much easier than dealing with an entire army. Of course, Ruvel would tell them to put on their masks once they were in and collecting the person they were to escort out, something Rasparov hated with a passion. He disliked covering his face, even in the slightest. It meant in a fight that one would not be able to see the pleasure on his face as he killed them and ended their life. What a fun ruining thing to do. He understood the reasoning, but he did not care if anyone recognized him. His tattoo for the guild was not visible to anyone, and he had nothing proving that he was directly related to any known guild or group so why would they even care? Alas, he knew better than to argue it so he would do it when the time came to don the horrid mask he would rather burn. "Fine, I will wear the mask. Hated as it is." That would be all he said about it before the conversation moved on to other things.

Ruvel would hand over his passport to Rasparov, the intention to it quite clear with what was going on. They would be asked for passports, of which Rasparov would 'humbly' hand over with the gentlest of smiles upon his face. Both of their passports would check out, especially Rasparov's. He still had his contacts for such things, and retrieving a fake passport was one of the simplest of the things he could have done for him on a whim. It was not something he would bring up with the others, his contact would cease to work with him if he gave away his secrets to anyone else he knew. It was something from a long time ago, and if he got caught he wouldn't just be arrested. Their passports would clear the inspection, the guard giving Ruvel a moment of issue before Ruvel did what Rasparov stated he would have to do one day. After getting through, and outside of earshot, the homunculus would give a simple phrase to the ace of the guild. "I told you so."

[467]
    [2255/4667]

Sol
    Sol

Shadow of Death

Shadow of Death

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Sol 15th April 2018, 6:10 pm

Sol heard what Ruvel said and he sighed.”I was not trying to be prideful Ruvel only that I thought I was strong enough to survive the fall I know otherwise now” he said after he finished and he could only sigh internally as the VP ripped into him more not out of anger but he was trying to help Sol become better and not be reckless. Be that as it may the dragon was still finding it irksome to be constantly jabbed when he had already learned his lesson at this point it felt like salt was being rubbed into the wound. However when Ruvel suddenly shifted his voice and basically promised to take him out if he put Ruvel in danger made the dragon suddenly become very very wary at that moment.”I understand” he said simply since he knew it was already a huge risk to bring him into the guild he was not going to screw up his chance on the first mission.

When Ruvel said they would don masks before meeting the client Sol became serious and nodded . Once they managed to get thru the checkpoint and Sol smirked a bit at the interaction between Ruvel and the guards they were then thru and he motioned with his head for them to follow him. He started to glance around for spot to them to put their masks on and he was very subtle about it as he allowed a few drops of poison to drop from his fingers and turn into small insects before they flew into the air and kept watch around the group of three.

After a moment Sol saw a dark and concealed alleyway and he motioned subtly to Ruvel and Rasparov before he ducked into the alley. There was no one around as they did this so the chance of getting caught was low and the insects around would keep an eye out for any trouble before they donned the masks. After a moment Sol spoke.”Ok we should be good now.” he said before he reached into a shadow portal and pulled out a mask that looked very much like a skull and he placed it on his face before he was suddenly covered in shadows before after a moment they faded and revealed Sol in his new outfit.

The skull like mask still covered his face but he now had a hood covered his head attached to a black trench coat with metal plates covering his back to protect his spin slightly. On his forarms were metal gauntlets and spikes on the back of his hands and his fingers were tipped with vicious metal claws. Slung across his midsection was three belts of different sizes with one holding 5 vials of various poisons and explosives and across his chest was three vials of various concoctions. From the waist down was armored pants and metal greaves and boots to protect his legs.”Aright lets get the job done” he said his voice was different and very gruff since his mask had a voice modifier in it and his attitude was much different in his guise of Reaper.if one was to look at Sol under his mask they would see glowing red eyes and black sclera but his masked blocked the glow from being seen.

555 WC

2651/4667

Ruvel
    Ruvel

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ruvel 16th April 2018, 4:17 pm

Ruvel waited by the ally nearby leaning against the wall he wasn't to sure was going on but he wasn't feeling so good suddenly for some reason, he put it down to perhaps overdoing things again; the last thing he needed was for this job to fail because of him he would never be able to live that down. 'Just a little longer then I can rest a bit, please.. please hold out.' he thought to himself almost begging his body not to give up on itself right now. He was then bought out of his head hearing Rasparov's voice and nodded knowing that the other hated the mask rule, he hated that rule as well as the other already knew all to well what the youth showed the world day to day was nothing more than a facade, a mere illusion to hide who he truly was and what he looked like. "I know you hate them Rasparov, I hate them just as much... given I already wear one." His voice became faint so only Rasparov could pick up the last five words. "Think about it sooner we get it done, the sooner it comes off" he said with a sigh knowing saying that would have likely made him more eager to tare the place apart to get it done.

And then it came, the words he didn't want to hear 'I told you so' he sighed bringing his hands up in surrender as he did so "You just had to get that in there didn't you Rasparov." he could see the smug look in the others eyes, his hand went forward as if asking for his passport by "I get it, I'll need to act like I'm superior to others at times. Doesn't mean I have to like it..." he with drew his hand moving it to the other looking away almost in sadness, discomfort and fear. "But this is part of who I am now isn't it? Will I ever adapt to it Rasparov?" he asked the other quietly his eyes looking to the other knowing that he would understand on some level what the youth was experiencing and needed support, then again he only ever had tough love from the taller male so doubted this would be any different. His stance changed instantly seeing that Sol had passed the check point "You took your time." he said calmly not wanting it to go further than that.

He had enough time to think over what Sol had said before hand "Pride isn't a bad thing is portions, your portions will get you seriously hurt and those you claim to care for killed." he said bluntly moving down the ally moving to bring the black and white kitsune mask placing it on his dual coloured eyes changing to a glowing golden colour, his clothing to look more like a shinto priest but where there would be red was black his black hair became longer and turned white with black and silver streaks. He would remain quiet as the others changed thanks to their masks his eyes closing for a moment before looking as he heard a jingle that stopped for a moment "What did you find big sister?" he asked "The artisan area is in the north, there's a nervous looking person in the third ally way near the lacrima shop." she said making Ruvel nod looking to Rasparov "High or low?" he asked wanting to find out where the other was more comfortable, he believed Sol would likely keep to the ground his eyes moving between the two walls as he calculated if it was plausible to get on the roofs preferring to keep high; he was glad to see it was the case "You both heard what big sister said, see you there keep casualties to a minimum... and don't kill anyone." he said as he started to jump from wall to wall getting to the roof with little effort before moving roof to roof with no issue, at least for now.

Word Count: 676
    Total Word Count: 5'144

@Rasparov @Sol

Betrayal

Rasparov
    Rasparov

Post by Rasparov 21st May 2018, 12:48 am

At least Ruvel understood him on his hatred of the masks. They both were already wearing the heaviest mask that they could, hiding their true natures from the world around them so that they could survive until they were strong enough to take off the mask around everyone around them. Having to wear a mask to hide the face they already wore as a mask just made him feel claustrophobic. A mask on a mask, it was something normally done for comedy, though this was no laughing matter. Ruvel would also mention that he would be able to take the mask off the sooner they managed to complete this mission. The words helped little for his problem, and it merely made him wish he could simply begin to tear through everyone from here to the objectives without stopping so that he could just remove the mask. He knew he would not be allowed to do that, sadly, and thus would simply sigh internally and wish for it all to be over as soon as possible.

Ruvel would respond to his smart comment just as expected, with acceptance of what he would have to be. It was another mask to wear, even more than just the simple one to hide his true self. He wore a mask over his own personality when he had to use diplomacy and deal with others in a way he normally would not. Rasparov knew how that was from his time in the Special Forces for the Rune Knights. He had had to deal with people that were threatening his life with friendly words and peace talks. Many could have been killed easily, but others wanted for them to be alive. Masks upon masks upon masks, there was no end to the secrets and hidden facts in life. But all secrets would come to light someday, whether they were wanted to or not. "You have no choice but to adapt to it. It comes with the position you hold unless you wish to give that up and figure out some other reason for why you stepped down. But do you want that many eyes on you, trying to find the true reason for it?" The whispered words would come with a sly smile on his face even as he handed back the young master's passport. "Though I am sure you will adapt if you continue on the way you have. You've come a long way from the first time we were on the field. Soon we will both hit where we wish to reach, and you will get to see me adapt to even greater things after you have met your goal." The words would be whispered before Ruvel would begin talking to Sol again, even as the ex-dark guild member found them an alley to don their masks in.

Rasparov would place the strange mask upon his face, the piece fitting snugly with no way of falling off unless someone purposely grabbed and pulled as hard as they could. The article of face covering seemed to be from some kind of play, a somber look upon the face of the horned being as if they had a dark task that they must do no matter what. The face of a loner, an outcast due to their mission they had, their true purpose and calling. It was quite similar to what Rasparov was underneath the surface of the butler mask he wore, and surely even Ruvel would recognize that once he actually got a look at the mask. It was funny, this was the first job with the guild ace that he had actually had to put the mask on. Too bad the no mask streak had to be broken. The jingle of a bell would signify the return of their little scout before they were relayed the information they were needed before Ruvel asked whether he wished to go high or low for the upcoming movement. "High, for me." His voice came clearly through the mask, the piece obviously made for a speaking part even though there seemed to be nowhere for the sound to escape from the mouth portion of the mask. The jumps needed to get to the roof would almost be a blue of motion, due to Ruvel's fairy summon giving him all the speed he needed to race around the world before this mission was done, and he would have no issue with running jumps across the city should he have to outpace anything for the time being. Finally they would get to the part he enjoyed, the part where he could injure and hurt others.

[775]
    [3030/4667]

Sol
    Sol

Shadow of Death

Shadow of Death

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Sol 21st May 2018, 10:47 am

As Ruvel seemed to question why Sol took his time as he went thru the checkpoint the dragon could only give his fellow guild mate a sigh as he shrugged his shoulders.”they are extra cautious of me Ruvel and I can’t blame them for that I am a former dark mage and I did many wicked things. I have no doubt that they were going to be on alert for any trouble I could cause so I had to make sure I didn’t seem threatening or up to no good.” he explained and hoped that he would not get questioned more on it. It already was something that Sol knew would haunt him for most likely the rest of his life but he didn’t want any more attention brought to it if he could help it. As the VP layed into him once again Sol could only nod in understanding as he had to resist the urge to make a snappy comment. He understood that he had to curb his pride but he was getting seriously sick of the constant jabbing at him.”I understand Ruvel I’ll work on my pride” he told the young man even though he knew that was hard since dragons were prideful creatures by nature.

As they set up a game plan Ruvel asked Rasparov if he want to go up high or remain low to the ground with the masked butler saying he wanted to go high. At that Sol simply nodded his head as he turned his masked visage to Ruvel.” I’ll remain on the ground I think I might be better suited for it during this mission” he stated since with his ability to control shadows and poison it was better if he was not airborn due to his poison spreading. Before he forgot though he glanced at Rasparov and asked an important question.”what is your code name I know that his is Moon and Mine is Reaper but I do not know yours” he asked, it was a valid question since if he did not know Rasparovs code name he could not call out to him should something happen and the dragon dared not use real names with masks since he knew just how important the companys reputation was. Sol had no intention of jeopardizing that and he was going to follow the rules to the letter to make sure he made no mistakes.

As Ruvels summon alerted them to the location they needed to go the masked dragon nodded before he heard the young man tell them that killing was not allowed and to keep casualitys to a minimum which caused Sol to release a very low and almost silent growl. While he knew he needed to not kill anymore a small part of him still wanted to bath in the blood of his enemies, however that part was always reminded that he didn’t want to be a monster anymore and that he had to use his power to protect and not kill needlessly.”very well I’ll stick to the alleyways and avoid any confrontation for now if I don’t have a choice I’ll aim to disable” he said as he moved thru the alley and quickly across the street and into another dark alleyway before anyone really caught sight of him, if anyone had seen him they might have just thought they saw a shadow or something else and with the sky being very dark and cloudy it made seeing the dragon even harder. As he moved he took a glance upwards and heard the slight rumble of thunder before he glanced around himself.”its going to rain and its only midday just our luck” he grumbled.

Before he reached the end of the next alleyway Sol caught sight of two guards patrolling in the main street and the masked mage quickly pressed himself against the wall as they walked past.”Shit that’s way to close last thing I want is to get busted I’d never hear the end of it” he muttered to himself as the guards had moved past him and he quickly dashed quietly thru the main street again and dove into a nearby alley once again unseen by some stroke of luck. As he continued forward he couldn’t help but think how different this was compared to how he used to do missions in Basilisk Fang.’God this is nervewracking but also exhilarating, in Basilisk Fang we stuck to the shadows but we didn’t really care that much about the fallout but this so much is on the line. Its intense but I’m not going to let myself slip up because I know I am better then that’ he mused internally. From his movement and how he carried himself Sol was Confident but he was not arrogant since this mission was far from easy since they had yet to find the client. Under his mask Sols expression was serious and contemplative as he questioned how it was this easy for him to get thru the streets and alleys with little to no effort.”either this is a trap or the guards are really cocky” he mumbled to himself silently. As he saw a opening in the alley he took a moment to glance out and get a look around, he had yet to reach the right district but he could see that the town was very well taken care off with the streets clean and free of trash while the buildings were kept up very well even in this section of town. Though what Sol saw also had his rather upset since he saw a woman and her daughter being turned down by a street vendor just because they had no magic at all.

The more the dragon watched the more sick it made him since he didn’t like seeing people treated like that but it did make his stop and question himself for a moment.’what happened to me was I really so in the dark that I didn’t care about people at all, did I kill just for the fun of it and like a mad dog. Gah now is not the time for these thoughts I need to focus on the mission at hand’ he internally thought. As Sol reached the Artisan district he noticed the area seemed to change a bit as the building and décor seemed to become high end but as the dragon glanced out he noticed a few things that worried him greatly, the first was that non magic users were treated even worse here but also the guards here were more numerous then before.”Shit this is going to complicate things” he muttered from the shadows of the alley. Sol quickly brought up his fingers to the side of his head to communicate with Ruvel.”hey Moon heads up the guards are far more numerous in this section of the city watch out for any guards on the roof” he said before he waited till the next set of guards passed before he quickly moved again to get into the next alley, from what he saw Sol had not seen any guards on the roof but as he suddenly heard footsteps behind him Sol glanced back slightly and saw three mages approaching him.”Shit hey Moon I got three enemies approaching so Ill be delayed in getting to the target” he explained to his team mates as he turned to deal with the threats. As he turned Sol was glad to still be in the alley as he spoke.”hey I don’t want any trouble” he said as the three pointed their weapons at the masked mage.

normally we would believe that but considering your dressed to cause trouble we need to take you in so come peacefully or we will use force to subdue you” they said as the ends of their lacrima staffs started to glow. Sol prepared himself as he cracked his neck.” fine but don’t say I didn’t warn you” he muttered, he could sense that these guys were decently strong but nothing he could not handle. The issue with them was that if they could work as a team then he would have bigger problem since it would draw more attention to the alley and himself. Sol could only hope that Ruvel and Rasparov could get to the client with no trouble.

1400 Wc

4051/4667

Ruvel
    Ruvel

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ruvel 21st May 2018, 7:25 pm

Ruvel knew all to well the heavy burden of the masks they wore given the ones they wore on a day to day basis to keep who and what they where secret, hiding scares and histories they wanted no one to know. Ruvel wore so many masks nowadays he forgot who he actually was at the best of times, there was the mask of an executive he wore for the employees, the mask of a diplomat he wore for the aristocracy, the mask of a trader he showed to the clients, the mask he showed to his colleagues, the mask he showed to those he done jobs with, the mask he wore as a keeper of Onyx Moon, even the casual self he showed the world was merely a masked facade to make him seem normal. Nothing was further from the truth in his case and other than Cirven the only one who knew his truth was Rasparov, the one he had a kind of suicide pact with as they knew each others secrets. This meant if one of them blabbed it spelt the end for them both, it was not something either of them wanted, though something deep down told him that the taller man would soon come to the point he would no longer need his mask. When that happened what would happen to the balance they had? He didn't believe the taller man would betray him but at the same time he knew not to expect Rasparov to save him, if Rasparov was put in a position where he would have to choose to help Ruvel or his survival he knew the likelihood would be that he would choose his survival. Ruvel couldn't fault him or anyone else on that way of thinking not everyone was selfless, it did make him wonder on their odd symbiotic relationship and what would happen afterwards; at the moment they each played a part and where content to play it. He truly hoped that nothing would change even if his feelings were right.

Ruvel came out of his thoughts as he heard Rasparov's voice in his ears once more and nodded "I know I have to adapt, it's difficult though." his words would be low and soft so only he could hear them "My home facility, I owned absolutely nothing not even my own life... now I am in a position were I could ask for anything and would be given it. The change... it... it happened to quickly." he felt his hand move to his arm almost if trying to comfort himself, he felt such a failure that he couldn't adapt so quickly, that he felt this way but it was understandable. His dual coloured eyes met Rasparov's for a fleeting moment before they looked elsewhere and shook his head "Stepping down isn't an option at this point, to many questions will arise and it's something I don't want to happen." he sighed he knew to many questions would bring his truth to light and that was something he needed to avoid at all costs. He shook his head "No, I don't want or need that many eyes on me; if my truth was found out I would just end up in a place similar to my home with the same kind of treatment." he wished he could hate but that was something that was fleeting, he understood why they done it and though it didn't sit well with him there was nothing that could be done or the world would come to a hault in its progression.

He took his passport putting it back within his inner pocket, he listened not believing much about himself had changed. He was still weak, fragile, sickly and heavily dependant on his summons for pretty much everything in his day to day life as well as jobs. "I am still me Rasparov and I haven't ever thought of goals other than not joining the lost and surviving another day." he said honestly now realising perhaps he should gain more goals, this wasn't the time to be thinking on them though. "I hope things don't change between us when you can take your mask off Rasparov." he knew it would never happen for him, it was just something he had come to terms with as he didn't want to be found nor did he want the eyes or questions. It was then that Sol seemingly had passed through the check point, he sighed hearing the reasons as to why. He couldn't blame them given the others shady past but it wasn't something he was going to speak on as the others body language already showed he felt ashamed and in no need for a reminder. Hearing the other saying he would cause the youth to smile faintly "Thank you, it wasn't a jab at you Mr. Terumi but a reminder. You can defend yourself and with darker connections you must understand if they can't go after their main target, they target those closest and weakest." he said gently "There's nothing wrong with having pride but to much is a dangerous weapon that leaves you vulnerable while painting a target on not only your back but your loved ones too." he finished explaining so the other would understand why he said what he did.

After they each had their masks on he blinked realising that he maybe the only one whom had ever heard Rasparov's alias. He could have answered the others question but it was something that the other would have to decide if he would give up and so he had headed off above. He knew he hadn't needed to worry about Rasparov with Maera out he would keep up and then some. Hearing some thing come through the link built into each of their masks made him roll his eyes "Well of course, this is a nicer part there would be more police presence here." he stated back seeing the client below "Reaper, Solitare... I'll deal with getting the client to the border but you both need to keep my path clear. Remember keep the killing to a minimum." he warned them jumping down in front of the jumpy man silently, the man who almost jamp a fully off the ground.

He moved his finger in front of his mask "My name isn't important but you may call me moon. Myself and two others of my guild are here due to the job you posted. Stay close, follow me and most of all... remain silent." he told the man who nodded covering his mouth, with that he used moonlight's grace obscuring them both from sight as they headed towards the border check point. They each had their task and knew it would be done he just worried about the mess that would be left. "Solitaire, deal with the captain as quickly as possible. He'll likely be the biggest threat." he said to Rasparov knowing he enjoyed a good fight, though would fight anyone along the way as a warm up to the main event and potential meal.

Word count: 1'185
    Total word count: 6'329

Betrayal

Rasparov
    Rasparov

Post by Rasparov 21st May 2018, 10:45 pm

Mask upon his face, Rasparov could not feel the cool breezes that might come across him as he made his way across the rooftops to meet their charge they were to protect across the borders. Even though he was a vile beast he still enjoyed some of the simpler things that being alive brought. No one that thought of themselves as good would ever understand that such a thing was possible, though it was funny to try and think about himself as if a paladin was looking directly at him. All they would see, in his true form, would make them question their deity as to why he was allowed to live, why he had been allowed to happen. Surely a god for good would never let such a beast live, or even be devised in a single thought from others.

Sol would mention remaining on the ground for this part of the mission, even though once they began to go through the mountains and the checkpoint involved there would only be the ground for them to cover. Right after he would ask for his code name, his name to use when using a real name was not to be used. Before, when he was in the Rune Knights and deep undercover for them, he had gone by the name of 'Russ.' That name was not one he wished to use anymore, so he had come up with something else that he preferred. "My code name is Solitaire, Reaper, I hope you are glad that you shan't have to worry about hearing the code name coming after you once we're done here. The ones here will learn why I use the name after I am done with them." Rasparov would also listen to what Ruvel had to say about his prior words as well as telling them the plans for the mission that was now going in full swing. Would Rasparov still be friends with Ruvel after he could reveal his true self? That was an interesting thought but was not something he knew the answer to just yet. Right now they were in a suicide pact, though he felt almost like he was mentoring this boy in how to adapt and survive as he did on a much larger scale.

Solitaire would wait a few moments before he began his move towards the main checkpoint, working his way across the rooftops as Moon began to speak with the person that he was going to be escorting through the country and into Pergrande. Once nearly upon the checkpoint, he would leap down with a forward flip that would cause him to land on a patrol agent's head so that he could kick down onto him and use him as a step down to land on the ground at running speed. Swords would come out and slash at those that got too close to him, a few patrol agents and a sergeant of them falling to the ground with slash wounds across the torsos as well as their legs and arms. The only one that would not be struck as he ran would be the Captain that had shown them in. He had to lure him out if he wanted to beat him properly, fighting him here would simply cause them to fail the mission as they got overrun by an untold amount of mages that came to the aid of the leader he wished to disable permanently. The words of the Captain would reach his ears, declarations to stop and surrender or prepare to be fought into submission and such. Not that the man would ever succeed in carrying out such threats. Once past the checkpoint, Solitaire would talk to the others through the mask transmitter. "I am past the main city checkpoint, do not attack the Captain no matter what. He will chase me, and I will lead him to a point where I can take him out without us being overrun during the fight. Moon, continue in my path. Any you see will already be down or injured to a point where they will not want to fight what seems to just be two traveling people. Reaper, do what you have to while helping Moon get to the border safely. I won't be able to take out every person on my way so you will get to fight as much as you want as well." Once the happy sounding words were finished, his swords still crashing against the staves of mages that tried to fight him, he would begin his fast trek up into the mountain paths that they had to go through to reach their destination.

It wouldn't be long before he made it to the first of the fortifications that were the outposts of the border. The first few spells that came at him missed, and then he was in their midst and using their own bodies as ways to move and dodge attacks until he could reach the lacrimas holding up the outposts towers that created the magical barriers they needed to get through. Attacks that hit him would be healing from the strikes he caused, as his bodies own natural healing, even as he allowed his scales to come out underneath his clothing. This caused many of the attacks on him to be glancing hits even as he managed to take off an arm or a leg from those that got a bit too close to what was normally the kill zone for his attacks. Rasparov would do this until he got through each patrol checkpoint, leaving a handful of people at each one as he sped through to deal with the more major problems that cropped up along the way. Most of the sergeants would be taken down, knocked unconscious or dismembered, and the majority of those left standing were either too confused to understand what was going on when Rasparov went through or were waiting on orders that did not come. That would change once the Captain went past them, they would be ready for Sol when he got to them. Once he hit the last checkpoint he would clear out everyone, arms and legs would lay across the bloodied landscape as the Captain finally caught up to him. The older mage huffed lightly for breath, in shape but aging and showing it, even as sweat fell down from his strange hairstyles hairline and ran down into his thick beard. Piercing blue eyes glared into the mask upon the swordman's face even as he began to speak to him.

"You think you can get away with such terrorist actions? You will be brought before the leaders of the country you come from once I put you into chains!" That was all the captain would say before his arm would suddenly begin to stretch out to swing at him without having to move from the spot he was in. Such a poor choice of actions to take, did he think that his elastic fighting style would help against the speed he had already shown? Too bad that was not the only trick the homunculus had up his sleeve. A small step forward, as if he was walking into the upcoming blow, would cause him to disappear and suddenly reappear right in front of the Captain. Both swords would swing down, even as he activated the poison in one while the other became a sword whip at the same time. The poisoned sword would strike through the Captains arm, the poison being allowed to reach into every vein and artery as it did so, even as the now sword whip reached the opposite leg and wrapped around in a painful hug that drew blood.

"Unfortunate that you underestimate me, Captain. You're lucky I was told to not kill you by the one leading me now. I would love to simply annihilate you here and now, but that would hurt the relations I am working on already." The pained grunt from the other would come with a kick that seemed to be aimed for the groin on Solitaire, a poor choice to do. A hard pull on the sword whip would cause the captain to lose balance, cracking his head against the ground even as everything happening to him struck at once to knock him out. With him out of the way there would be no more orders to come down the line, leaving Sol with no worries on too many reinforcements for him to deal with. It would not be a long wait until the others showed up on the border of the two countries. The one they had fought through and the one they had fought to get to.

Ruvel would walk them across the border with the man they were escorting, of which the name Rasparov had never cared to ask for or about, before the man turned to them all and spoke with a grateful tone. "Thank you for doing this for me. I understand that you had to do what you did to make this happen, but I appreciate it even more that you managed to not actively kill any of the ones that got in your way. Here's the money I promised, one hundred thousand to each of you. I hope you all get out of here safely as well, I know we won't see again so have a good life you guys." With that the man would turn and begin walking towards the first checkpoint he could find so that he could officially join Pergrande Kingdom as a civilian of the country.

With that done Ruvel would turn to Rasparov and Sol before speaking up as well "Let's get going, this has likely stirred up unneeded and unwanted attention." That was all he would have to say before the group left after a job well done.

[1648]
    [4678/4667]

Sol
    Sol

Shadow of Death

Shadow of Death

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Sol 22nd May 2018, 11:19 am

As the three agents approached Sol pulled his shotguns out of his shadow portals as the three pointed their lacrima staffs at the masked dragon, Sol simply pointed his shotguns at them.”GET HIM!” one of them shouted at the other two as they rushed at Sol. The dragon quickly used his shotguns to knock away the staffs as they tried to strike him while they caught fire and hoped to burn the dragon. Sol capitalized on their mistake and slammed the butt of both of his shotguns in the two agents faces before he brought them down and fired shots into their feet. It caused the two to back up as they howled in pain due to poison sharpel blowing their toes off. However Sol knew they would live since he switched the poison out for something non lethal. The final member approached and managed to actually strike Sol across the stomach with his staff and burned thru his outfit before it reformed after a moment.”that stung a bit but your not going to win this” he said before he slammed his guns into the mans head to stun him before he suddenly fired both guns into the agents knees.

The agent dropped to the ground as Sol turned to the other two who were feeling immense pain due to the poison and burns from his shotgun” Next!” he growled as he brought his shotguns up and fired two shots each into their legs. It caused the two to drop to the ground while Sol moved past them and heard Rasparov speak thru the comm link.”Understood Solitaire Ill meet up with Moon” he said as he headed towards the checkpoint, Sol moved quickly thru the streets knowing that he needed to get away from the recent fight since it would draw more guards and it would slow him down even more. He ducked into another alley as he hoped to avoid the other patrol of guards that were still lurking around. As he reached the end of the alley near the check point Sol saw that there were still three more Agents on guard but lucky for Sol the captain was already gone since he had taken off to chase Rasparov. Since he knew that Ruvel would need to pass thru here Sol emerged from the shadows and instantly pointed at his weapons at them while his masked visage showed no emotion to the guards.

Well well things are looking….Grim” he taunted slightly as he rushed forward firing his shotguns at the first guard to approach him. The dragon quickly fired four shots into the mans limbs before letting him drop to the ground his limbs having sizable holes in them but the man would live. The remaining two quickly rushed Sol and fired beams of fire and lightning at the dragon. Sol dodged the fire beam but the lightning grazed him and he felt the energy rip thru his body as he gritted his teeth a bit from the pain he felt. The dragon quickly brought up his shotguns at the lightning mages face before he brought them down and fired two shots into the mans arms before quickly turning to the other one and he fired three shots into the other mages leg causing both men to drop to the ground in agony. Sol moved past them and moved towards the border to meet up with Ruvel and Rasparov, after a bit he managed to get to the border and saw both Rasparov and Ruvel waiting for him along with the client. The client then thanked them before offering them the money they earned for escorting him to the border and wished the three of them a happy life. Sol merely nodded as the man went towards the nearest check point and turned towards Rasparov and Ruvel.” I agree we need to get away from here before any more guards decide to investigate” he added as he followed to two to head back home.

669 wc

4720/4667

Current date/time is 19th May 2024, 6:30 pm