Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The Apprentice(JOB)

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Moderator- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Dark Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Player 
    Lineage : Spirit Warrior
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Speculo (former)
    Experience : 779,415

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Advanced Solid Script
    Second Skill: Aura Manipulation
    Third Skill: N/A

The Apprentice(JOB) Empty The Apprentice(JOB)

Post by ivyleaf33 13th December 2015, 12:39 am

Job Form:

The sun was beginning to set over the horizon as Hoshi and Sorano soared over the area. The legendary Sky Tower loomed over them, casting a dark shadow on their backs. Hoshi tilted into a steep climb, grasping onto straps on Sorano's back made for the purpose to pull her up to the top of the glamorous tower. As they broke over the top, the light of the setting sun flashed into the friends' eyes, blinding them temporarily, causing them to blink several times to get used to the light after their darkened ascent. It was a beautiful sight, and they were in the perfect place to view it.

Watching the sun slowly set as the stars began to creep into sight, they sat on the edge of the platform-like roof, dangling and kicking their legs over the edge. They said nothing, for nothing needed to be said. It was too beautiful a sight to be ruined, anyway.When the last bit of light had flickered out under the horizon, Sorano stood up, stretching as did Hoshi. Turning, they could see the legendary pair of griffon statues holding up a ginormous gem. It reflected the light of the stars twinkling all about them, shining serenely in the nighttime sky.

"So," Sorano said softly, "this is the legendary Gem of Time. The setting really is beautiful." It was true. The floor of the roof had a mosaic mural of the sky in which the griffon statues stood, and one section of it even reflected the starry sky they could see right now.

"Yeah," Hoshi replied, awestruck, "It really is amazing. But does it work like the legends say?" Could they really see Anna in the past? Did they even want to go back to those horrible, horrible times? "But, Anna-sensei's still alive! So why would we even go back in time?" Hoshi asked.

Sorano merely smiled slightly, nothing more than a lifting of the corners of her mouth, before placing her hand on it, and dissipating into golden dust that disappeared within the gem. Hoshi stared in fascinated horror, then did the same.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The Apprentice(JOB) B2WXv4aK_o
    sorano granon | solid script | aura manipulation | bank | armory
    i pretend i really liked it this way-- you see, my heart won't die, though i've really tried.

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Moderator- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Dark Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Player 

Character Sheet

The Apprentice(JOB) Empty Re: The Apprentice(JOB)

Post by ivyleaf33 13th December 2015, 11:20 pm

Golden swirls of light enveloped the two girls before flying away into the night sky as Sorano and Hoshi now stood in front of a familiar stone cottage hewn into the strong, sturdy rock of Mt. Tsuki of the Phoenix Mountains. Beautiful pine trees filled the air with fragrance and kept the cottage company, but Sorano knew how hard their roots had to work to keep the plants attached to the mountain in tephe high winds that could occur at this altitude. In fact, the letter mage could feel a slight tightening of her throat in the thin air, having not been here in years.

Slowly, she hesitantly walked up to the door, raising her hand slowly and knocking once, twice, three times in a slow steady beat before adding two short raps. This had been the code kncok that informed Anna it was a friend of hers knocking.

Waiting nervously outside the wooden door well oiled with protection oils, they waited. A few seconds later the door creaked open and a blonde-haired teen poked her head out of the cottage. Anna Litbell, letter mage and archery mage, the independent mage who had tutored Sorano in letter magic. "Oh, I was expecting you, Sorano-chan! Come on in my pupil!" she chirped kindly.

Anna looked just like Sorano remembered, thick, straight, blonde hair tied back in a ponytail and long, messy bangs. Kind amber eyes that sparkled when she laughed, with a quiver constantly slung over her back. Her apparel was rather dignified for a mountain girl, with a western style blouse with eastern ornamental stitching, and a pale yellow skirt that reached to her thighs. Many petticoats were stuffed underneath, making the skirt poof out quite a bit. Instead of customary sturdy, laced sandals of the people of Mt. Tsuki, she wore high, western-style brown and gold boots with low heels and a slot for a handgun on the side of the right boot.

"How have you been, Sorano-chan?" Anna asked kindly, bringing a tray of tea over to the low table at which they sat on cushions, Japanese-style.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

i pretend i really liked it this way-- you see, my heart won't die, though i've really tried.

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 15th December 2015, 12:39 am

Sorano squirmed slightly, unused to being treated so gently and kindly, having been spending her days in the rowdy guild hall of Fairy Tail. This kindly manner had become very strange to her, and shockingly, the girl barely remembered how to drink tea properly!

"Ah, yes, Litbell-sensei, I'm doing very well. How has life been treating you these days?" she asked in return, watching Anna set the tea. The older girl meticulously set out the cups, their saucers, and their lids. She then made the tea, pouring the homemade mountain tea mix into the pot full of boiling hot water, and kneeling down across from Sorano. "Sorano-chan, life has been treating me very well. The high winds these few years carried away few plants, only a few poor shrubs were carried off," the blonde mage replied.

Sorano nodded, feeling awkward. Anna checked the pot, seeing it was ready, then carefully lifted it up with both hands, a few slender fingers keeping the lid on, and poured a cup for Sorano and Hoshi first, before entreating herself. "Please, enjoy," she said, lifting her own cup and carefully sipping from it. Sorano copied her mentor, lifting the delicate Chinese pottery piece with the tips of all her fingers, and sipping delicately. The tea brought back memories of sitting in this exact same place, drinking this very tea after a hard day of training.

"Thank you, Sensei. The tea is very good,"
    Sorano told her teacher, nodding in approval. Anna made the best tea Sorano had ever tasted, with just the right amount of every herb and plant to create a mouth watering mix. "Sensei, do you know why I am here?" she asked cautiously, still quite confused by the whole thing.

"You are here by the law of the Gem of Time. You wished to train with me, your master, once more, so we shall train for a week as you had wished when entering the Gem. Do you accept this law?"
    Anna asked, raising a delicate eyebrow.

"Of course, Sensei, do we start tomorrow?" Sorano asked slowly.

"Why, of course!"

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 15th December 2015, 8:33 pm

Going to her old room in Anna's considerably large cottage, Sorano was thrilled to see that everything was in the same place it had once been before she went to Fairy Tail. The Gem had brought her back in time, though, so it made sense that everything was there, She loved Anna's house. Most mountain-dwellers in this area who lived alone, owned only tiny cabins or cottages, with one or two rooms and an outdoors privy and a shower rigged up in a nearby stream. Anna, however, had inherited a four-room cottage complete with an indoors privy and shower operated by magic from her parents. Sorano was too used to magically operated indoors privies by now, and Anna having these things was a huge relief to her.

Settling down in the small cot, and settling Hoshi in her smaller bed, The two girls soon went to sleep, dreaming of their time in Mt. Tsuki.

The next morning, Anna's magically operated alarm jingled merrily, waking the two up. Rubbing her eyes, they were confused for a moment at their surroundings before remembering where they were. Quickly getting dressed, Sorano and Hoshi raced into the main room, where Anna had changed the room settings to kitchen mode. Anna's solid script was very adept, and she had made her house very magi-technologically advanced, including a main room that could switch modes. Sorano dashed over to the cupboards like she used to and began to prepare the tea and rice, her old duties in the cottage. Anna was already there, making fish and cutting up mountain fruits for breakfast. Soon, the small building was filled with the fragrance of breakfast, and the trio was soon enjoying a morning meal.

"Today we'll see how you have improved, Sorano-chan!" Anna announced, clapping her gloved hands together smartly.

"O-okay, Litbell-sensei... Please don't be disappointed if I haven't lived up to your standards..." Sorano replied, slowly chewing on her rice.

"Ooh, ooh, Litbell-sama! I learned magic from Sorano too!" Hoshi squealed, waving her paw in the air wildly.

"Is that so, Hoshi-chan?" the blonde mage asked, smiling, "I would love to see your new skills!"

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 16th December 2015, 11:44 pm

After breakfast, the three girls were outside, ready to spar. "Let's have a match on this first day to see how well you've improved! I can't wait to see what you've learned!" Anna chirped, stretching a little, having changed into a long white tunic with a gold trim. Sorano nodded, stretching as well. She dressed similarly, with a dull blue tunic with a plain blue trim.

Anna was very serious when it came to making sure that if the enemy harmed you, they got bitten back a little, too. Though her hair was quite long, it was well-defined against hair-pulling. Currently, she had it in a long braid- one with a spiked and poisoned strap braided into it. Underneath her tunic, she wore a thin, lightweight mail that allowed for free movement and protection. Even her boots had rocket-booster heels in case of emergency. Sorano was much less prepared than Anna, but she was trying to improve as well. She was already saving towards a thin mail like Anna's, and wore a spiked strap in her braid as well.

Anna almost immediately wrote out a bright flash of light, blinding Sorano momentarily and prompting her to drop to the ground, roll to the left and jump back up with a written template for oil dropped to the ground before her. However, that wasn't going to defend against air attacks. Immediately, one of Anna's magical arrows was twining itself into existence while barreling down at the younger mage. Sorano sent one of her own arrows up, bouncing them off of each other since Sorano's couldn't split metal arrows like Anna's.

However, her mentor was relentless. From the treetops, she sent out a whip-like string down towards Sorano ,cracking it against the groind, acting as a conductor for her electric shock spell which zapped hard against Sorano.

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 21st December 2015, 11:58 pm

Thrown back, Sorano retaliated quickly with a blinding flash of light reflected off of Luna, her shield, and a surge of artificial fear before leaping up for Hoshi to begin carrying her upwards. As the two girls rushed up towards Anna, Sorano fired two of her darts right at her mentor's aura, before casting the spell for fire roaring up into the treetops.

Anna wasn't so easily beaten, however, and neatly leaping off her branch, she leapt straight at them, not caring too much about the flames locking at her boots or the darts that dug into her low heels. Instead, her weight brought all three of them crashing down into the forest floor, with Anna standing, triumphant on top of the two younger girls.

"How many times have I told you, ladies, that you never fly upwards right under your opponent's feet? It gives them way too much of an advantage and they won't mind some damage from your spells if it means that you'll be defeated in one simple move like this! Though that artificial fear was a nice touch, where'd you get that sweet shield from?" she lectured them, looking down sternly. Anna's personality was creepily different in battle, she would lose all her proper manners and perfect English, switching to a loose, constantly talking version of her that was completely random and full of odd inventive moves such as the one before. No one really ever thought about jumping on an exceed's face besides this girl, right?

Nevertheless, Anna's crazy techniques worked, and the two younger mages felt it sorely in their bruises as they stood slowly, having been outdone by the blonde mage once more.

"That's quite alright though, girls, since you guys are still learning, right? No crazy life-and-death battles yet, hm? Don't tell me you're risking your lives to spar at this age and level!" Completely ignoring any possible answer the girls could give, Anna then turned to Hoshi. "Now that I see you two are still just as bad at sparring as always, lemme see Hoshi-chan's magic so I know what to do with you guys as a team," she finished, smiling brightly at the two.

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 23rd December 2015, 11:03 pm

Hoshi nodded slowly, looking a little bit nervous. "O-okay, Sensei, but Mother Nature has strict cooldowns and I won't be able to use my spells after they've been cast for a while," she stuttered, mentally calling on the goddess-like being.

"That's quite alright, Hoshi-chan, I'll work with Sorano-chan here instead while you cool down. Mother Nature should be fine with that, hm? And she sounds like quite the interesting character; try introducing me to her sometime, hm?" Anna assured the exceed, looking not a bit bothered by the aspect of such a powerful being as Mother Nature.

Hoshi nodded, slowly, still deep in concentration, and the air and earth around them began to fill with a neutral, yet all-powerful presence. Hoshi's voice filled with chants that seemed to shake the ground and soar through the clouds with the birds, and sing with the voices in the mountains. A bright aura surrounded Hoshi, showing just how powerful Mother Nature's power could be. When the light began to fade, there stood the small tabby exceed, with small but powerful gusts of wind swirling around her paws, and wings that quickly unfurled from her back with a snap.

Jumping slightly with wings outstretched, Hoshi flew parallel to the ground with supporting blasts of wind from her back paws, aiming for her mentor's knees. Anna had taught them this technique herself, always aim for the knees so they lose usage of their legs which is critical in a battle. Slashing neatly with astonishing speed, Hoshi slid right to the side after the quick attack.

However, Anna was their mentor. And being their mentor, unfortunately for the exceed, she knew how they fought, since they fought much like herself. She had quickly hopped into the air, landing on the tip of Hoshi's Tail as the exceed slid away. "Impressive skill, Hoshi-chan. For other opponents, that is," Anna commented, grinning, "That spell was well suited for the move, so I was able to predict what you would do. Try that on any other opponent and I can almost guarantee you they will be surprised. Nice usage of the full elements of the spell, though I recommend you go into a tight corkscrew spin next time for stronger force and faster speeds. Great job, though! You've changed so much from the little scaredy-cat I knew when I first met you!"

Last edited by ivyleaf33 on 23rd December 2015, 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 23rd December 2015, 11:03 pm

The member 'ivyleaf33' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Normal Dice' :
    The Apprentice(JOB) Die_01_42158_sm
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 24th December 2015, 12:43 am

Hoshi visibly drooped in disappointment. She had been so sure that this time she would actually hit her opponent, but that obviously wasn't the case. "Okay, Sensei, I've got it. Won't happen again," she mumbled.

However, Anna frowned at the exceed's words. "You act like it's reprimandation! I was complimenting you, Hoshi-chan! I'm overjoyed you can do such an advanced move now and I was only giving you some pointers for next time, like any good mentor should do!" she scolded. She then gestured for Hoshi to attack her again, and the exceed obliged, this time jumping high into the air, and falling u til she was almost touching the ground, then hurtling forward in a corkscrew, wings wrapped tightly around her into Anna's stomach.

"Wow, that packed quite a punch, Hoshi-chan!" the blonde mage yelped, the exceed moving too fast for her to block successfully. "That wind magic of yours really strengthens your attack, y'know, and makes you near invincible! Now that is one tough attack to avoid, nice job, Hoshi! Now, can you explain to me the true nature of your spell? I'm assuming it's a strengthening wind spell, but you know best!"

Encouraged by Anna's words, Hoshi smiled slightly and began to explailn Nature's Connection to Anna. "This spell is called Nature's Connection, and it allows Mother Nature to bestow special elecemtal abilities upon me! The bad part is, though, that she always decides the spells so I have to improvise with what she throws at me. I had no idea she would give me the power of wind until she whispered it in my mind and connected my mind with the wind's! Luckily, the four Great Winds are much more gentle than some of the other elements. I can also get water, fire, plant, lightning, and pure light abilities, some with extra advantages! Like, light, the pure one also lets me heal, and the plants can be used to make things other than attacking stuff," Hoshi yammered away, feeling much more at home with the only person other than Sorano who she was willing to talk freely with. It was nice to be with Sensei again.

"Whoa, come on, Hoshi-chan, you never told me that much about your connection before, and I was the one who helped you establish it!"
    Sorano grumbled, crossing her arms in a very teenage way. "How come you trust Litbell-sensei more than me!? I trust her with my life, but you could of told me before that she connected you with the actual element! I wish my magic were that cool..."

Only with Hoshi or Anna did Sorano let her emotion guard down this low, and she started acting like a normal girl her age.

"Now, now, Sorano-chan, being here doesn't mean you can stop focusing on you emotions, dear heart," Anna reprimanded, knowing how much Sorano hated being addressed with endearing terms.

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 25th December 2015, 1:09 am

Sorano stiffened at her mentor's words, realizing what she had done. To her, it was a great crime to let herself reveal her emotions so openly, and she immediately hid her face behind that mask again. "I apologize, Litbell-sensei. It won't happen again," she whispered, looking down at her feet in shame. Anna nodded, her face serious only for a second more, before springing up and facing Hoshi again.

"Ooookie, Hoshi-chan!"
    Anna chirped, clapping her gloved hands together quickly. "Let's see how many ways you can figure out to utilize this wind spell of yours in creative ways! You know me, I'm all about those weird wacky ways to use magic that totally blow your enemy's mind! Come on, work that brain of yours, my little exceed!"

Hoshi sat down, thinking hard. She hated how Anna made her think so much about crazy stuff, and wouldn't ever let up her relentless wave of questions and tasks. "Well, speed, and boosted flight?" she mumbled, already knowing what the blonde mate's answer would be.

"Hoshi-chan, I know you think of something a little, eensy bit more creative than that! Everyone wants to use their wind magic for speed, so that's not going to surprise anyone! Though you use it well, an experienced mage will easily catch you there!" Anna groaned, slapping her palm against her forehead.

Hoshi thought more, then piped up, "Hey, wind is invisible, right, Sensei? That means it would work well for secretive attacks! If I cut down on the wind spinning around my paws and wings, then it would be completely invisible! I could shoot slight attacks at them without them seeing a thing!"

This time, Anna approved. Gesturing for the exceed to try it on her, Hoshi quieted the gusts, rendering them invisible, before discreetly flicking a small, sharp slash of the element at Anna, and less than a second later Anna could feel the sharp slash of wind against her leg. "Very nice, Hoshi! Excellent strategy! Keep thinking like that and you're golden! It's the new and interesting attacks that keep an opponent on their toes!" she cheered, hopping from foot to foot.

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 25th December 2015, 11:02 pm

As Hoshi's control over wind slowly wore off, she looked up at Anna. "Can I try my barrier spell, now? I want you to take a look at it to see if I could use it in any more ways," she suggested. The exceed had never been too confident in her abilities.

"Why, of course, Hoshi-chan! Hurry up and show me already!" Anna responded cheerfully, grinning at the exceed. She knew how shy Hoshi was when it came to using magic. She always needed to know if her spells were "good" or not before using them confidently.

Hoshi smiled shakily, before holding out her paws. The clearing once more radiated with Mother Nature's neutral power, shaking in the mountains, streams, and forests. Slowly, earth, stone, and plants began gathering in front of Hoshi's paws, flashing with Mother Nature's light before connecting themselves together in a strong, sturdy shield that floated right in front of Hoshi. It really was like a large wall more than it was like a shield, being huge in size and thickness. The light faded away, leaving Hoshi there, proudly holding the wall up with mental concentration. "This is Nature's Barrier, Sensei!" she chirped, pointing with her tail right at the wall.

Anna studied the wall, poking it and kicking it in several places before glancing up. "I can definitely see that this Mother Nature of yours isn't a force you want to contend with, huh?" she commented, knocking on the wall several times. "It looks strong."

Hoshi demonstrated how she could control it, lifting the wall over her head with her mind, and moving it around in all directions. It was tiring, but a good defense if they ever needed one. Not to mention it would become stronger and stronger over time, making it near impenetrable for many mages by the time she was much older.

"Excellent spell, Hoshi-chan!" Anna complimented the work of the barrier, genuinely impressed with it. "Now let's see how well it holds up against magic!" Without hesitation, she cast a small D Rask spell, pulling back her magically enhanced bow and releasing a D rank arrow made purely of magic. The golden arrow neatly landed in the wall, sending tremors through it, causing rocks and clumps of earth to fall to the ground. The older mage winced, seeing how weak it was against magic attacks. "Yowch, not so strong there, huh? But I'm sure it'll get stronger in the future!" she said, trying to cheer the exceed up.

The exceed, having had her attention jerked away at the realization of how weak the barrier really was, lost concentration and the wall came crashing to the ground, becoming a real, solid self-standing wall.

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 27th December 2015, 10:26 pm

Anna raised her eyebrow quizzically, looking at the new structure that had been added to her front yard. "Well! This is new. I've had plenty of things land in my yard, even a mountain goat once in a storm, but this has got to be the strangest!" she commented, looking a little sadly at her crushed flowers.

"Ah-ah, sorry, Sensei, I, um, got distracted..." Hoshi mumbled, looking a little embarrassed. She hadn't known it was that easy to lose concentration, and hadn't expected it just to fall like that. The sfield was usually destroyed before it got to that point. Anna, however, merely shook her head, smiling forgivingly at Hoshi, before blasting the wall apart with another magical arrow. Then, with a quick scribble of her pen, new flowers appeared in place of the destroyed ones, and the garden looked much better within seconds.

"Well, Hoshi-chan, is that it?"
    Anna asked, raising a quick eyebrow at Hoshi. She didn't think the exceed looked like she had much power left. When the exceed nodded, she smiled knowingly, gesturing for them all to go in. The sun was already getting low and they were due for dinner. Rushing them into the main room, Anna switched it to kitchen mode and began preparing dinner. As usual, Sorano began preparing tea and chopping vegetables, while Anna helped Hoshi cook fresh fish from a nearby stream.

Magical food tasted nice, but they all agreed that nothing could beat the taste of a good, well-prepared homemade dinner. Before long, the smell of food wafted through the cottage, causing the girls' stomachs to growl in anticipation. "Aaand, supper is served!" the oldest mage called, switching the room to dining room mode. They sat down to a familiar dinner, ready to plan their next day.

"It'd be good to get to know your new spells and items, Sorano-chan," Anna commented, taking a bite of fish, and chewing thoughtfully, "and I would love to work with you in physical combat more, both of you. You should learn some battle tactics and basic martial arts. Hoshi, you should get some metal claws or blades for your wings to help Sorano out in battle, y'know."

Hoshi nearly leapt out of her cushion at that, screeching, "Whaaaat? I can't do that! It's too scary! M-metal claws? W-wing blades?" She shuddered in horror at the very thought of equipping items as deadly as those. She had no desire to hurt people.

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 29th December 2015, 9:57 pm

Anna smiled kindly at the exceed. "As guild mages who take on jobs, you will often be called on to fight. It would do you nothing but good to be good at as many types of battle as possible. Have you not seen how much you fight as a mage yet, Hoshi?" Anna asked, sipping her tea comfortably. She knew that the exceed would have to get over her fears eventually, and the sooner, the better.

"Well, you two ought to turn in for the night now, alright? Sorano-chan, I'll be focusing on you tomorrow so be sure to get a good night's sleep! Remember to meditate before bed as well, I do hope you've been meditating without me, right?" Anna added, raising an eyebrow at her mentee. Sorano nodded quickly, assuring the older mage she had listened to her, and headed to her and Hoshi's room.

Crouching on the tatami, she laid out for the purpose, Sorano sat cross-legged, her back ramrod straight. She began to breathe rhythmically, focusing on the intake of her breath and her exhalation, until her mind was focused on nothing else. She then reached deep inside her for her magic, disciplining it, and fitting it into to forms, shapes, and teasing it into the earth. She pressed the magic throughout the forest, feeling all types of energy around her, and the amount of power she was wielding. All this would lead to further perfection of control over every aspect of herself. In this state she could adjust everything from her heartbeat to her emotions and thoughts.

After nearly an hour, she slipped back into reality, exhausted, and clambered into bed, prepared for the following day. Hoshi, having watched her friend fall into dreamland, folded up Sorano's tatami for her and slipped into bed as well. At least she would have some rest tomorrow...

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 31st December 2015, 11:57 pm

Waking up bright and early in the morning, the two girls began their morning routine, then rushed on to breakfast, finishing relatively quickly. Anna was already waiting outside, and they were falling back into old, familiar routines, ones that Sorano's body automatically remembered to do. They started with stretches to keep them in shape physically, before practice with Sorano's magic.

"Okay, Sorano-chan! Show me your signature spell. I want to see how good you are at whatever it is," Anna instructed, planting her hands on her hips. Sorano glanced up, then began to write. Flashing her hand through the air at the air neaby, misty letters appeared, then a small hurricane of water, wind, and ice appeared, swirling around angrily in place, with Sorano's hand keeping it from wreaking havoc everywhere. "Is it okay, Sensei?" the younger mage asked worriedly, her hair flying back from the wind.

Anna looked it over carefully, checking how strong the wind strength was, being a user of that spell herself. "It's good enough, Sorano-chan, just not a great spell for a signature. It takes too long, and you have to have a cool down in this one, Sorano-chan. Not super handy. It's nice you won't need to use magic, but I don't think it's worth it. Remember, take full advantage of everything!" she advised, finishing up her check of the spell. "You know how to use it, right?"

Sorano nodded, saying, "Activate it when your opponent is weaker, and has less power left. That way, it will be harder and will cost them more to escape it, and it could deal more damage either way," she said, hoping her answer was what her mentor wanted.

Anna nodded slightly. "Duration over time spells don't have too many used, not many you can really surprise people with without acting pretty stupid," she told her student,"so it's not great for your signature spell."

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 3rd January 2016, 1:43 am

Sorano nodded slowly, unhappy, but understanding what her mentor meant. "Okay, Sensei, I see. Could you take a look at my other spells and tell me what you think would make a better signiature spell?" she asked, dissipating the storm quickly in a small burstnof water and clouds to save magical power. She knew Anna would agree, but it was always politer to ask first, as her academy teachers had taught.

Sure enough, Anna nodded cheerfully. "Just cancel each quickly so you won't be completely put of power by the time we're done!" she advised, motioning for the younger mage to start another spell. Anna watched as Sorano began to write, smiling softly at her. It had been such a long time since she's trained Sorano, it brought back many memories. Her discovering Sorano, who had gone mad with too much magic usage, and training her into the calm, controlled mage she was now. It was good to see Sorano so happy.

Sorano let the spell loose, the misty words hanging in the air before transforming into a raincloud-like form, and raining bullet-like raindrops down on them. Sorano flashed her hand around again, cancelling it quickly, then turned to Anna for her criticism, waiting nervously. She had seen Anna angry once, and she never wanted to see that ever again. It was frightening, to see an S rank mage's fury.

However, Anna smiled cheerfully, clapping at the spell. "Nicely executed, Sorano-chan!" she chirped, "Now, tell me how it can be used!" The inventive letter mage already had millions of ideas racing through her heads. It could be a rather discreet spell, as it looked like rain at first, or it could force a mage to defend from the top while fighting Sorano at the same time, or it could sting an enemy's eyes... Anna was bursting with ideas and thoughts.

Sorano frowned, deep in thought. She wasn't naturally imaginative like Anna was, but she had learned many different spell uses from all the books she had read. "Maybe it could be used in a disguised way?" Sorano thought out loud, looking worriedly over at her mentor. Anna nodded encouragingly.

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 6th January 2016, 11:39 pm

Anna wished Sorano would open up a bit more to ideas. The young letter mage was often very close-minded to things that required imagination. She could remember a time when Sorano was well known for her imaginative, colorful pieces of writing, or beautiful artwork. After the aloof girl's family's death, however, Sorano seemed to have closed herself off to optimism, and thought logically with only her goal in mind. It hurt Anna to see Sorano like this, but she had to admit that it was better than a raving and insane Sorano destroying villages throughout the mountain.

It was hard to mentor a girl like her mentee. Sorano thought in perfectly logical terms, the exact opposite of Anna's constantly changing mind. However, the blonde mage knew that both mind sets had their advantages. It just hurt terribly to see Sorano so cold and calculating compared to the old, cheerful Sorano, albeit a bit shy. Deep inside, Anna felt she would never see that Sorano again. It was her own fault, however.

In trying to calm Sorano back down to a normal human, Anna had taught Sorano advanced meditative techniques to trap the source of Sorano's insanity: emotions. Having been driven by a raging fury and a thirst for revenge, the girl would have been unapproachable otherwise. But closing off her emotions has closed off all of the young girl's energy and spirit, all of her hopes and dreams. Sorano was just a miniature old woman without emotions. Perhaps her decision had been incorrect. Perhaps she shouldn't have helped trap away her mentee's feelings. Maybe then Sorano wouldn't have closed herself off so much.

How would Sorano develop relationships this way? How could she find happiness without love? Wait, no, she couldn't possibly be happy in the first place. She couldn't be happy, sad, angry, or in love. It seemed too cruel a fate to Anna at the moment, and she swiped away a tear before staring sadly at Sorano. What has she done?

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 9th January 2016, 12:20 am

Sorano caught her mentor looking oddly at her. Anna seemed suddenly more subdued than normally in training, and wasn't answering her question. Checking Anna's aura, Sorano saw deep regret and sadness, but couldn't fathom what it was about. Why was Anna so unhappy? "D-did I say something wrong, Litbell-sensei?" Sorano asked carefully, trying probe deeper into this odd new situation.

"Ah? Oh, no, nothing's wrong at all, Sorano-chan, don't you worry about me. Your idea was pretty good, something I'd thought of as well! Nice job, Sorano-chan!"
    Anna said quickly, swiping away at her eyes. She could tell Sorano was reading her aura when she squintedcher eyes slightly, so barely most wouldn't notice, and tilted her head to the side. Scowling at the younger mage, Anna crossed her arms sternly. "Sorano, I have told you many times that it's awfully rude to read someone's emotions like that!" Anna frowned.

Sorano merely shrugged, however, saying, "I can't really control it, you know, Sensei, my sight already shows me the aura and when it's interesting my curiosity urges me to look deeper. Sorry, I thought you knew." She could tell Anna had something on her mind, but was polite enough not to pry. She would let the blonde mage tell her on her own time, like Anna always would.

"So, what's next on the list, Litbell-sensei?"
    the letter mage asked, readying herself to unleash another spell. Anna stopped, sighed, and turned to look Sorano in the eye.

"Hey, Sorano-chan, I have something I need to talk to you about right now, would you mind interchanging training with that?" the archer mage asked, sniffling a little. She always needed to get her feelings out; unlike Sorano, she just wasn't very good at bottling them up. She did hope the younger girl would understand, though, as her lack of emotional often ended up with her being very confused.

Sorano paused, a mere moment of hesitation, then nodded. "Of course, Sensei! That's perfectly fine, there was no need to ask. You know you are the Sensei, while I am the student. You get to mage the decisions, right?" Sorano asked, smiling lightly at Anna. After all the older mage had done for the aloof young girl, how could Sorano say no?

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 11th January 2016, 12:37 am

Trudging down the steep side of Mt. Tsuki, two mages and one exceed scaled the near vertical cliff comfortably, without too much problem. Having all of them been born and raised on this very mountain, which wasn't huge for a mountain, they knew almost every bit of it. Reaching a ledge reaching into the mountain, they followed a small path down to a clearing-like space. A small pool of water had been formed in the back of the dent in the mountain's side, and hardy vines and tiny pine sprouts squeezed through the rock around them.

Anna led the way through the crack in the side of the mountain, sitting down gracefully on a rock. This used to be their favorite place for meditation, so Sorano was pretty sure she could guess what they were here for. However, she had been greatly mistaken, it was obvious. "Sorano, I have to talk with you about something," Anna said, her face all serious. It seemed they wouldn't be meditating after all.

"Sorano, what does it feel like, to not possess emotion?" the older mage said, staring intently at her mentee. "How does it feel, to not feel scared or confident, happy or sad? To not flinch in fear, but at the same time to not laugh and love? I feel like it must be lonely... Not a choice I would willingly make."

Sorano stared up at her mentor in surprise, having let her emotional Barrier go in this place. The only place where she could express her emotions freely without worries. Anna had put protection barriers all around to protect the world from Sorano here, and to protect Sorano from the world. "Wow, Sensei, I thought you didn't worry about that type of stuff!" the letter mage said, a little worried. This didn't look good.

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 13th January 2016, 12:48 am

Anna stood, beginning to pace, her expression indecisive. The blonde mage finally stood at the edge of the crack in the mountain face, her braid blowing back behind her, with her loose white and gold tunic. She looked a bit like a warrior who was about to face an impossibly large army, with the sdn shining faintly into Sorano's eyes, Anna's image was somewhat silhouette-like. It only served to remind the younger girl how much she owed Anna and how the blonde mage was her hero.

"Sensei..." Sorano trailed off, unsure of what to say to such a powerful mage. Though her mentor was nowhere as powerful as her guild master, Heero, her power was still astonishingly intense to the younger mage. The S rank mage stood a moment more, avd if one looked closely, a slight tear had rolled down her cheek and her eyes were shadowed.

"I-I'm so sorry, Sorano!" She suddenly wailed, whirling around so hard Sorano was afraid she might fall down the mountain. "I'm so, so, sorry for taking your whole life away!" The older mage rushed over to the younger girl she thought of like a sister, and threw her arms around a flustered and very bewildered Sorano. The younger mage was simply very confused.

"Sensei, what's wrong? Why are you so unhappy?"
    Sorano said worriedly, feeling the flurries of darkness around the woman's aura. Even though she was in an emotionally-safe place, her aura sight remained, and Anna's aura worried her. Transmitting cheerful emotions through her shield, Luna, Sorano put an arm around Anna, guessing what the older mage was thinking after some thought.

"Sensei! It's not your fault at all! If you hadn't taught me, hadn't trained me, I might still be a meaningless killer out there on the loose! I could be dead right now, caught my the Rune Knights if you hadn't helped me, oh, Sensei, please, please don't cry! Just, please! Don't!"

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 15th January 2016, 12:17 am

Anna sighed, sniffed, and slowly looked back up. "Sorano, you're too nice with emotions for your own good... What am I saying? I'm supposed to try and convince you to unlock your emotions again! Sorano, seriously, it hurts to see you like this, ugh, now I'm just repeating words at you aren't I..." Anna scowled, brushing back strands of hair from her face. She leaned against the cliff wall, twiddling her fingers uncomfortable even around her own apprentice.

"Hey, Sensei, you don't lock off your emotions, right?" Sorano asked gently, treating her teacher as she would a wounded animal, "If you don't know what it's like... How can you judge? You may think it's sad, but for me it's about as natural as breathing. I'm fine as I am, Sensei, you don't have to worry. Didn't you always tell us that worrying is unhealthy for you?"

"Yeah, Sensei!"
    Even shy Hoshi piped up for a change. "Sensei, Sorano always seems happy! You don't have to worry about her at all! She's always having fun with Fairy Tail, even without emotions! Sensei, Sorano-chan's doing fine, you're just worrying too much, okay? Let Sorano-chan choose her own way!" The exceed stood in front of Sorano proudly, defending her friend.

The two girls smiled cheerfully at Anna, startling her. Of all emotions, happiness was not one she expected to see on the two girls. When they had left, Sorano had been cold and cut off, and Hoshi had been jumping at every breeze. They had come a long ways, and it was likely thanks to Fairy Tail. "I made a good choice didn't I..." the blonde mage whispered softly, smiling a little at her apprentice's, "Fairy Tail's been good for you two, you've really changed so much!" The mage squeezed all of them into a hug, smiling through her tears. Perhaps all her worrying had been in vain after all.

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 18th January 2016, 10:20 pm

As the three girls sat there, looking out at the fog, a slight trickle of sunlight flashing out every now and then, they were at peace. Two letter mage's and an exceed, having been through much together were reunited, and needed to spend a moment with each other again. Memories swirled through their heads, happy ones, sad ones, good ones, and bad ones. Anna gave each careful attention, reliving moments with her apprentices. She remembered finding the starved girl, stumbling towards her cottage, a dangerous magical aura around her, unstable, like it was ready to explode any moment. The desperate, crazed look in her now smiling apprentice's face, and the tiny, near-dead exceed flopped on her shoulder.

Sorano's mind flashed back to the old times as well, and she smiled softly at the memories. Anna being so kind to her, when no one else had been before. The older mage trusting her with magical knowledge, even when she could have used it to kill more people. Anna protecting her and defending her frum angry villagers who had hfd their families killed by her... She hadn't deserved any of the blonde mage's care but Anna had given it to her anyway. She smiled, a small tear falling down her cheek. She noticed it, and blinked, surprised. She hadn't cried in so long, it was odd to see that silvery droplet drop onto her skirt.

A small paw reached over, gently, wiping the liquid away. Hoshi had memories of the time as well. The small exceed had been very young then, but she could remember the pain as she was ripped from the small clan of exceed's that had sheltered her for all her life before. The cold, weak, touch of Sorano's hands as she picked her up, her scared face just as pale as Hoshi's had been, just as shocked and broken. The thrill as the two ran, running for something important, fighting for something important, doing something that felt so good at the time, so satisfying. Then the newfound joy of being with Anna, and the horror of what had really happened, and the fear.

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 21st January 2016, 12:37 am

Anna grinned at her student, smiling happily. It was just like the older times, when they had sat here, and meditated, building their magical power up slowly inside their bodies as they meditated. She tapped Sorano on the shoulder, already beginning to breath in deeply. Her eyes instinctively closed, and her breathing leveled out, her features visibly relaxing. The sun began to break through the clouds, illuminating her face, and the blonde mage sighed in content. It was nice to be here meditating again, feeling the light on her face.

She breathed in and out, feeling the beat and rythym of the earth around her, smiling at the touch of the mist and a wisp of the cool breeze. The smell of dew and cold mountain air filled her nose, refreshing her, and coursing through her body. The strength she felt on My. Tsuki was amazing, the mountain air was like some magical medicine for her that cured any ailment she had. It seemed to bring strength to her muscles and power to her magic. This was why she had never left, even if she could have become a powerful figure out in the world beyond nature.

She began to search inside herself, finding stray bits of herself not carefully organized into its proper section, cleaning away bad thoughts and breathing them out and away into the mist. She could sense her heart beating, her muscles moving as she breathed, her thoughts turning, her brain sending signals throughout her, cells dying and being born, and finally, her magic, carefully settled in her core, the ball of fire that represented the true her. The place the strong ethernanos in the mountain air settled and amplified her power. She gently molded it into different shapes, letters forming around her, and her bow began to vibrate at the feel of her magic growing and amplifying. This was what true power felt like to her, and it was great.

Current date/time is 1st May 2024, 4:09 pm