Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Find this book! {Zoe Schiffer}

Zoe Schiffer
    Zoe Schiffer

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Feeling Empty
    Position : None
    Guild : ♕ n/a.
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1150

Character Sheet
    First Skill: ➹ wind magic.
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Find this book! {Zoe Schiffer} Empty Find this book! {Zoe Schiffer}

Post by Zoe Schiffer 18th November 2014, 10:51 am

Job Description:
    Zoe Schiffer
    Zoe Schiffer

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Find this book! {Zoe Schiffer} Empty Re: Find this book! {Zoe Schiffer}

Post by Zoe Schiffer 20th November 2014, 4:59 am

Standing outside of a mahogany door, the brunette knocked on it gently, waiting patiently for someone across the door to answer. A few moments passed before an old lady opened the door for the brunette and smiled kindly, “You must be here for the job I sent out.”

“Yes, I am. My name is Zoe; I’m a Fairy Tail wizard.” The girl said and proceeded to step inside the house. The old lady sat down on a chair and gestured Zoe to sit across from her on the chair on the other side of the table.

“Well, as you can see, I am fairly old. I don’t have anything much to do and that’s why I want to read a book. There was one book that was my favorite when I was younger; it was called ‘A Beasts’ Heart’. Unfortunately, this book is no longer in print and is not sold anymore. The only place where the book can be found is in the library and I am too old to go there. So, I request you to do that for me.”

A smile plastered itself on Zoe’s face, “Is that all? Well then, I’ll get that book for you and be back before you know it…..unless I start reading some because you see, I love books.”

“As long as you get it for me, it’s fine.”

Nodding, Zoe got up bidding farewell to the old lady and walked out of the house towards the library.

-------------------------------------------

- 1 -
    Zoe Schiffer
    Zoe Schiffer

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Zoe Schiffer 20th November 2014, 5:01 am

The wind mage entered the library and looked around it with a gleam in her eyes. It wasn’t as big as Magnolia’s library but nonetheless, it was still a library. Zoe loved libraries; there were so many books to read and it was so serene in here that nothing in the world could disturb her.

Walking over to the desk of the librarian, she tapped on it to get the attention of the woman who was engrossed in reading the latest issue of the Sorcerer’s Magazine. The lady did not look up at all. Zoe coughed a bit to get her attention which was yet again futile. An anime style anger mark appeared on her forehead and she decided to speak up, “Excuse me?”

A futile attempt yet again. Zoe was starting to think that this woman was dead, her patience was wearing off and she decided to completely get her attention now. Banging the table with her fist – not enough to break it – she said to the woman, “Hello! I’m talking to you!”

Sighing, the woman looked up with an irritated expression and said, “Can you keep it down? This is a library and can’t you see I’m busy?” She resumed reading her magazine.

“Well, you’re the librarian and if I need help, I ask you.” Zoe said, her hatred for this woman increasing. “Now can you tell me where I can find the book ‘A Beasts’ Heart?”

Looking back at Zoe with a sigh, the woman said in a bored tone, “I don’t know. Go look for it, I’m just a temporary librarian so I don’t know where the books are kept. Plus, some kids came in before and rearranged the entire thing so you’re gonna have a lot of trouble.”

Grinding her teeth, the wind mage said as sarcasm, “Thank you for your assistance.” She decided on going to search for the book herself; after all, how hard could it be?

- 2 -
    Zoe Schiffer
    Zoe Schiffer

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Zoe Schiffer 20th November 2014, 5:04 am

Walking towards the aisle named ‘B’, Zoe started searching for the book. It was written on a banner inside the library that books starting with ‘A’ and ‘The’ would be arranged by their second word’s first letter so that meant the book would be in the ‘B’ aisle.

“Some kids might have rearranged it but perhaps alphabetical wise and not aisle wise. I hope that’s the case.” Scrolling through all the books on the lower shelf, Zoe found nothing. She walked to the side and got the ladder from which she could climb up.

Climbing the ladder, she started scanning through the top aisles; this was going to take longer than expected. Whilst searching for the book, Zoe did not notice the fact that the ladder had a weak foundation. After a while of standing on it, the right leg of the ladder broke causing Zoe to tumble to the ground with the ladder falling right on top of her.

Groaning in pain, she removed the ladder from her and sat up rubbing her head and back that ached from the fall. Looking around, she noticed that nobody had noticed the commotion. “Well, at least no one saw this embarrassing display. The ladder is broken, how do I find the book now?”

- 3 -
    Zoe Schiffer
    Zoe Schiffer

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Zoe Schiffer 20th November 2014, 5:06 am

The brunette decided that she would have to go get another one; there should be a few available. She left the ‘B’ aisle and starting walking around towards different aisles looking for a ladder. Zoe decided that it would be best to ask the librarian even though she knew she was not going to get a right answer.

Walking up to the librarian, Zoe cleared her throat, “Excuse me, can I know where the ladders are? I need one to climb to look for a book.”

Looking up from her magazine, momentarily, the librarian responded, “How am I supposed to know? People come and take them and put them in random places. How do you expect me to know?” She then went back to reading the magazine.

“When I knew she wasn’t going to give me a right answer, why did I even try?” Zoe murmured to herself as she left the main desk and started searching the other aisles hoping that she would stumble upon one; there should be a ladder available, shouldn’t it?

- 4 -

Zoe Schiffer
    Zoe Schiffer

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Zoe Schiffer 20th November 2014, 5:11 am

After about five minutes of searching, Zoe was still unable to find a ladder. “Why can’t I find a stupid ladder?” She said as she banged her head on the table that she had occupied.

Glancing at her side towards the ‘A’ aisle, she decided to go outside somewhere and get a ladder as there was no other available here. However, just as she got up from her chair, something caught her eye. In the ‘A’ aisle, there was a book at the top shelf and on the side of it, in big golden letters, was written the word ‘Beast’.

Hurriedly rushing towards the aisle, Zoe looked up and scrunched her eyes to see if what she had witnessed was true or not. And indeed it was, the book kept on the top shelf had the words ‘Beast’ and ‘Heart’ which was underneath the word ‘Beast’ and a bit small but readable nonetheless.

“There it is! I found it!” Zoe cheered however, quickly put her had on her mouth when she realized that she had talked loudly in the library. “Whoops.”

- 5 -
    Zoe Schiffer
    Zoe Schiffer

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Zoe Schiffer 20th November 2014, 5:13 am

Zoe did the only that thing that she could think of at that time; she decided to climb the shelves. Going up the shelves, she stopped midway and panted. “Man, climbing is more difficult than I thought. But come on, just a little more. I want to make that oba-san happy.”

Strengthening her new resolve, she continued climbing upwards, momentarily, looking around to ensure that no one was there. Seeing no one, she continued onwards. Zoe was almost there and she extended her hand upwards to grab a hold of that book.

After a few unsuccessful attempts, she finally managed to grab a hold of it. Beaming at herself, she proceeded to remove it when all of a sudden, her foot lost its balance. The brunette tumbled down for the second time in the day and ended on the floor with a loud ‘bang’.

“Ow!” She groaned, “Why do I keep falling today? This is the second time.” Just as she said that, Zoe heard some snickers from her side. Turning her face whilst she lay on the floor, she noticed a couple of children – about four boys – standing there.

“Um, hi.” She said to them, hoping they didn’t see her fall however, that was something that she knew did not happen. Rather than replying to her, one of the boy raced towards her and grabbed the book that was in Zoe’s hand, rushing back to his friends and out of the library.

- 6 -

Zoe Schiffer
    Zoe Schiffer

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Zoe Schiffer 20th November 2014, 5:14 am

For a moment, Zoe did not realize what had happened. When she did realize, she scrambled to her feet and looked at the directions that the children had taken; they had just taken the book that Zoe spent so much time finding and even fell down twice for.

“Are you kidding me?” She cried out, exasperated, “Now I need to get it back from those kids or more like, brats.” Racing out of the library, she spotted the children a few miles away from her and ran towards them.

The children noticed Zoe on their heels and one of the boys cried out, “Hey, look! It’s that clumsy lady, she’s after us. Run!” With that, the four kids started running.

Zoe’s attention was only on the one who had taken the book from her; of course, she did get a little angry at the boy for calling her clumsy but that was going to have to wait for now. The children all ran in herd, flocked together with the wind mage hot on their heels.

- 7 -
    Zoe Schiffer
    Zoe Schiffer

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Zoe Schiffer 20th November 2014, 5:16 am

She had to find a way to catch those boys otherwise, her hard work could go down the drain. They were still ahead of her and Zoe noticed that on one of the banners in the village, there was a map. She stopped momentarily to read it and her eyes gleamed. “You boys are done for.”

The brunette resumed running and instead of chasing them, she turned to the side to head into an alley. The alley had various turns and twists and Zoe took them all. She was not sure if this was right or not but now that she had already come this far, there was no going back.

As she approached the exit of the alley, she noticed the boys had run past it. Smirking to herself, she came out of the alley and resumed chasing them now at a much closer proximity. The boys noticed her and cried out, “Run faster! Hurry!”

Zoe braced herself for a jump and flung herself towards the boys landing directly on top with the four boys squished underneath her in a heap. “I knew I’d catch you.”

- 8 -
    Zoe Schiffer
    Zoe Schiffer

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Zoe Schiffer 20th November 2014, 5:17 am

Getting off the boys, she took the book that one of them had taken from her. The four boys stood up and looked towards the floor, a bit scared of what Zoe would do to them.

Looking at that, the tiny amount of anger in her dissipated and she said, “Listen, I’m not going to get you into trouble or complain to your parents or anything like that though you deserve it. Instead of that, I’m going to let you go off with a warning. What you did back there by snatching this book from me is considered as stealing; what thieves do.”

The four boys looked at her and the one who took the book said, “We aren’t thieves! We were just having a little fun!”

Sighing, Zoe put her hand on his shoulder and said, “I know you were just playing around but what you did is still bad. Now, I’m going to let the four of you off the hook if you promise not to do this again.”

The boys looked at each other and replied in unison, “We promise.”

Smiling at them, the brunette said, “Good. Now head on home.” The boys smiled at her and did as she said by going back to their home.

- 9 -
    Zoe Schiffer
    Zoe Schiffer

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Zoe Schiffer 20th November 2014, 5:21 am

Knocking on the door of the old woman, Zoe sighed as her head throbbed remembering the argument she had with the stupid librarian. She blamed Zoe for stealing the book whereas she was just getting it back from those boys.

The librarian’s voice was really angering Zoe off and she would have punched the librarian if the actual one hadn’t come. The young lady was just a temporary however, the real librarian was an old lady and she had witnessed what Zoe did and thanked her for it, successfully making her granddaughter, the mean librarian shut her mouth.

As she reminisced about the events of the day, the door opened and the old lady stood there smiling at her.

“Here you go, oba-san.”
    Zoe said, handing the book to the old lady. “I got it for you. Took a bit of time but at last, I managed to get it.”

“Arigatou.”
    The old lady said, “This book means a lot to me. I am so thankful towards you.”

“No problem. I was glad to help.” Zoe replied. The old woman went inside and got a pouch handing it to Zoe, “Here’s your reward. Again, arigatou.”

Nodding at the lady, Zoe took the pouch and said her farewells to the lady before returning back to her guild.

:: Finish ::

- 10 -

Current date/time is 2nd May 2024, 10:59 am