Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

A bit of practice (Kaseki)

timmir1
    timmir1

Quality Badge Level 1- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Marksman's Aim
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail (Dragon Fang)
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 275

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Plant Magic
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

A bit of practice (Kaseki) Empty A bit of practice (Kaseki)

Post by timmir1 11th July 2014, 9:36 am

Malm took a quick glance at the forest around him. He had to admit, being in a forest like this can be overwhelming at times. Being acutely aware of every single plant in his around him could do that. Yet he knew he had to get over that fact for what was going on today.

To be quite honest, Malm was pretty nervous about this. He never really had any legitimate combat experience, and so didn't really knew how well he would do. That was the point for this spar though. So that when the time came where he was forced to fight to survive, he had some idea what he was doing.

Yet now that he thought about it, maybe it wasn't such a great idea asking Kaseki to help him out. While he trusted Kaseki well enough, he also knew that he'd had to be careful not to bring out Kaseki's other self. Doing so could end up making this that much more real, and Malm had no confidence that he would be able to withstand the leader of Dragon Fang in a real fight.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Kaseki
    Kaseki

Demon of life

Demon of life

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Armored Beast
    Guild : Savage Skull / Aelyst Crux (Dragon Fang Co-Founder)
    Mentor : Dregon (Magic), Master Aoi (Weapons), & Edward (Combat)
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Cʏʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴄʏ
    Second Magic: Aʀᴛ ᴏғ ᴡᴀʀ
    Third Magic:

A bit of practice (Kaseki) Empty Re: A bit of practice (Kaseki)

Post by Kaseki 11th July 2014, 9:39 pm

"Aye, are you ready? You should be ready for anything."

It was Kaseki's voice, however through the trees, it was unapparent where we was. The leaves and branches rustled all over the forest. Where could Kaseki be?

"Malm, I want you to strike me... C'mon do it!"

Just then, a figure that was identical appeared directly infront of the boy. He appeared to hold a weapon. "HIT ME, OR I'LL HIT YOU."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

timmir1
    timmir1

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by timmir1 11th July 2014, 10:16 pm

Malm grew tense as he heard Kaseki speak. Where did he disappear to? He wondered as he examined his surroundings in an attempt to find the treeman. Yet it seemed even his unusual keen sense of eyesight couldn't spot him.

Then a figure popped out in front of him with Kaseki telling him that it was hit or be hit. Malm drew his sword and slash at the figure in one single motion. Yet this movement was sloppy and relatively slow. There was a good chance that he would wind up being hit first.

Kaseki
    Kaseki

Demon of life

Demon of life

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Kaseki 11th July 2014, 10:22 pm

Kaseki's body fell like water as it became a puddle on the ground. From behind Malm, Kaseki emerged, clapping, "Well done, I'm glad that we could both practice. Me with my clones, and you with swordsmanship. However, don't you think you should use your spells as well?" he smiled.

"Don't worry, I have many more clones to use."

___
    OOC: Spell Link: Here

timmir1
    timmir1

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by timmir1 11th July 2014, 10:44 pm

Malm noticed that there was no resistance as his sword went through the being in front of him. The figure then collapsed into a puddle of water. Water? Malm wondered in surprise before he took notice of Kaseki's clapping behind him.

"Clones. I should have suspected as much." Malm admitted as he took a practice slice with his blade, flinging small droplets of water from the blade. "As for my spells, I'll use them when I can."

Malm then prepared himself for the next attack. There was no doubt in his mind that Kaseki was ready for the second attack. Though would it be more clones, or the man himself.

Kaseki
    Kaseki

Demon of life

Demon of life

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Kaseki 11th July 2014, 11:24 pm

"Okay Malm, I want you to give this your best shot. We are not practicing your power, but your skill. My second clone will only last so long. I want you to dodge his attacks and counter. Do you understand?" Kaseki asked.

Almost immediately Kaseki's shadow came alive. It rose to be as tall as the caster and looked exactly like him. Kaseki lightly tapped the doppleganger and his skin grew icy, a thin frost coated the body, as well as a layer of smoke. The copy began to run at Malm with his hands before him, his spiked fingers. It was a demonic Christmas celebration. The present? Knowledge.

"Now fight, my friend. If you can withstand an element that you have a weakness to, then you will rise to be stronger." He smiled as the clone charged at him. "NOW FIGHT ME!"

____
    OOC: Feel free to do with the clone as you wish. Destroy him. Just practice how you word your fighting, weather it be how you swing your blade or how you summon plants, get descriptive.

timmir1
    timmir1

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by timmir1 12th July 2014, 1:18 am

Malm followed his first instinct as he saw the ice doppleganger charging towards, and faced it head on. He quickly attacked the clone with a horizontal slash with his sword. Yet that proved to only have nicked some of the ice, and not much else. It's ice you big dummy. You can't expect to cut through it with a sword like I did with the water. Malm mentally berated himself as he was forced to step to the side.

Malm winced as he faced the ice clone again. Judging from the pain, it seemed that the one of the statue's sharp fingers had managed to graze his left arm as he was stepping out of the way. He didn't feel any blood though, or at least, he didn't think he did, so he guessed the wound was only a minor cut. There was no time to check on that now though, as he suspected the clone would be coming in for another attack.

I got to stop that thing, but how should I do it? I could blow it up. No, that's stupid. At this distance, me and Kaseki would most certainly be within the blast radius. Okay then, how about I use the roots, that would certainly stop it. Yet what should I follow that up by? Malm shook his head as he saw clone charging towards him again, There's no time to think about this stuff now. I'll just have to figure it out as I go along.

He quickly jumped out of the way of the statues attack, just barely dodging it. He then used his right hand to point at the ground right underneath the clone as he called upon his magical power. "Entangling Roots" He said as roots burst from the ground, grasping on to the statues legs and stopping it from moving.

Okay, that worked. I bought myself some time to think. So what should I follow this up by. I could just start hacking at it, but I doubt that would end up doing anything in the end. So how about I use the explosive seeds now. Admittedly, it's a tad obsessive for only one statue made of ice, but I don't see any other option.

"Kaseki, you may want to back up a bit." He warned Kaseki as he began calling upon his power again. "Seed Barrage" He said as he acted as if he threw something with his right hand. And sure enough, three seeds could be seen flying through the air before they land around where the statue is. Malm quickly took the opportunity to back up some before the seeds detonated. With them being so close together, the seeds created an explosion with a radius of about 5 feet.

Once all the dust was clear, the clone seemed to be gone. Yet Malm grimaced at the collateral damage the spell had caused. Damaging and destroying many of the plant life that was unfortunate enough to have been caught in the blast. "I really wish granddad would of taught me a spell that wasn't so... destructive." Malm lamented as he began feeling guilty for what he just did. Maybe he should have just tried to see if he hack it to pieces.

HP: 95%
    MP: 80%

Spells Used:

Entangling Roots: Cooldown 3 Posts

Seed Barrage

Kaseki
    Kaseki

Demon of life

Demon of life

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Kaseki 12th July 2014, 6:56 am

Kaseki watched as his young member utterly destroyed the ice... him. He thought about how this would be useful later on. "Yes, the caves... we will need this power." He looked back at the green haired boy. He simply was stunned at his fast thinking. "Hm, if I attack him myself I could awaken Kodai... No, a horrid idea... or is it?" He had to think of something.

"The 'creature'. Yes. I will use that." he thought to himself.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a metal remote. It was unclear what it actually existed for, but Kaseki only needed one button. "Now, let's see how you do with live creatures."

Kaseki pressed the button and deep within the forest was an eerie scream. Surely Kaseki released somekind of beast. "Two creatures are coming this way. They are made of iron bark, just like me. There's only one think stronger than Ironbark." he smiled. "And that's my Ironbark" Kaseki pulled out two long black swords varying in length and tossed them at the ground before Malm.

"So you have some of my weapons, I suggest you use them. A long sword and a short sword. To these metal creatures, it should cut like a hot knife through butter. Now if you strike me with that... you'll hurt yourself more than you will me."

Almost instantly after his final word two creatures emerged from the trees. They were horrifying to look at. It was as if their organs lived outside the body. They both ran recticly at the boy.

There was only so much time to react...

A bit of practice (Kaseki) -1110

Clone 1 Cooldown: 5 Posts
    Clone 2 Cooldown: 2 Posts

OOC: Sorry, doing a bunch of missions right now.

timmir1
    timmir1

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by timmir1 12th July 2014, 3:28 pm

Malm looked into the forest as he heard the eerie scream. Kaseki warned the plant mage that two creatures were coming this way with ironbark skin much like his. The treeman then tossed two black swords onto the ground. One looked to have a blade about a meter long with a large hilt, while the other looked to have a blade about 2 and a half long with a handle that was obviously meant to be handled on handed. It turned out these blades were able to cut straight through the creatures, and were going to be his best chance in defeating them.

Once Kaseki had finished, the creatures had made their appearance. Malm hated what he had to do, but he didn't have the time to sheathe his blade. So he quickly dropped it as he crouched down to grab the short sword. It was honestly smaller then what he was use to, but there was no way he could see himself wielding the greatsword that Kaseki claimed to be a longsword.

With his new sword, he stood up and faced the two creatures, bidding his time. He then swung his sword at the first creature that came upon him with a diagonal strike.

HP: 95%

Entangling Roots: Cooldown 2 Posts

Kaseki
    Kaseki

Demon of life

Demon of life

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Kaseki 12th July 2014, 4:21 pm

Kaseki watched as Malm sliced the creature. It fell into its pieces. It was separated but not killed. "ORRAAAJAJAJAJAJA!" the creature screamed at the boy.

Kaseki was being amused. He loved to watch people fight, it was a thing of learning for him. He would observe, only to intervene if necessary.

"Such potential." he thought.

Clone 1 Cooldown: 4 Posts
    Clone 2 Cooldown: 1 Posts

timmir1
    timmir1

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by timmir1 12th July 2014, 8:59 pm

The blade sliced right through the creature just like Kaseki said. Malm would have been if he wasn't freaking out over the sight in front of him. Even though he had just cut the creature down from it's right shoulder to the left of it's waist, it was still very much alive. Yet how could this be?

Malm didn't have much chance to ponder on this though as he was forced to back away from the still standing remains swinging it's remaining claw at him. The teen was to slow though as he felt the creatures claws carve into his left side. A pained grunt left Malm's lips as he used his free hand to cover his wound. It was obviously a much more serious injury then the cut he had suffered earlier. He'd have to take care of it once he had a chance.

Malm saw from the corner of his eye that the second one was coming flanking his side and coming in for an attack. He quickly spun around, swinging his sword horizontally as he did. The attack cut the creature in half. He then followed this up by quickly cutting the creatures arms off, hopefully reducing any threat it might possessed.

Malm then returned his attention back to his first target as it stumbled towards him. A quick swing of his blade not only blocked the strike, but removed it's hand and half it's arm. He then quickly followed it up by slicing both it's legs off.

Believing the fight to be over, Malm sighed with some relief. Yet something was bugging him. He had forgotten something. Something important. He just knew it.

Claws dug deep into his right leg as a burst of pain went through Malm's body. It took all his willpower to suppress a curse as he looked down to see the top half of the creature he had cut down first with it's claws dug into his leg, blood flowing freely down his leg. Malm quickly stabed at the creature several times with his sword in hopes that he could get it to let go. One strike managed to knock the arm off his leg as another sever the arm from the remains of it's body.

Wasting no time, Malm quickly hobbled away from the creatures and grabbed some nearby leaves with his right hand in the process. While he had originally intended to do this to the injury to his side, the wound on his leg was more urgent. "Remedy" He said as he sat against a tree and placed the leaves against his wound. A faint glow began to spread over the wound as it began to heal.

It would take awhile for the spell to take full effect, but Malm had other things to worry about. He had no way of knowing those things were still a threat or not. While he may had removed their limbs, he had no way of knowing if those limbs could still operate on their own. He also couldn't overlook the chance that those creatures were able to regenerate or put themselves back together somehow. Either way, this fight wasn't done yet until he was sure he had finished them off.

HP: 75% -> 85%
    MP: 70%

Entangling Roots: Cooldown 1 Post
    Remedy: Cooldown 2 Post

Kaseki
    Kaseki

Demon of life

Demon of life

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Kaseki 12th July 2014, 10:37 pm

Arrows rained from the sky. It seemed to block the sunlight, it was arrows everywhere... but from where? "Malm! Don't you move!!" The metal twigs fell down and hit all of the remaining animated creatures. A girl decended from the sky, it was no other than Xiaowei. She landed inches away from Malm. "Now, I believe you have learned, have you not?"
    Xiowei instantly pressed her hands to the green haired boy and started to emit a lavender light, "Don't worry, this is why I'm here, to mend your wounds."

Kaseki smiled off to the side. He had nothing much to do, and even less to say. "I'm proud, I actually didn't think you could handle those creatures, much less two of them. I see you took the smaller of the swords, good. You chose something under your skill lever rather than something above you. This is where your power lies, rather than do something that you do not know, you did something you did know, for this... a gift."

Kaseki reached out to him with an open palm. He held several Fangs. "These are yours. You've earned them. Now, if you want a true battle, I offer myself. Xiaowei will be here to suppress Kodai, as well as supply healing magic. Now, would you like a true sparing match, or shall we return to the base to discuss other matters?"

____
    Kaseki Clone 1 Cooldown: 3 Posts
    Rank C Heal Cooldown: 5 posts

Xiaowei's Spell:

Malm's Health increased to 100%

timmir1
    timmir1

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by timmir1 13th July 2014, 1:28 am

Malm took note as everything got strangely darker. "What now?" Malm didn't even notice the words leaving his mouth as he glanced upward. That was when he saw a storm of arrows raining from the sky. A disembodied warning told him to not move, but it wasn't much use. Malm knee jerk reaction kicked in as he stood up and pressed his back against the tree he was leaning on as he closed his eyes, hoping the tree would provide some protection from the arrows. After what he had just fought through, was this where it ends?

Seconds that felt like hours as Malm stayed against the tree with his eyes closed. Then, after not feeling like he was some kind of pin doll, he chanced a peek. He saw that the arrows had landed on the remains of the creatures he had just fought. A moment of clarity dawn on him as he realized what just happened. "You have to be kidding me." He said with a sigh of defeat as he realized he couldn't have been any more pathetic in that moment.

Malm soon found out that the disembodied voice he had heard earlier had belonged to Xiaowei. He should of suspected as much though as she always seemed to be around whenever Kaseki needed any help with something. Once she had landed a few inches away from him, she commented that she believed he had learned something. Malm wasn't sure what exactly she was referring to, but he did have a few good guesses. She then told him to not worry as she healed his wounds.

"Thanks Xiaowei." He told the girl as he felt a cool relief echo through his body. It was nice not feeling the pain in his side or arm anymore. Still, it seems he was going to have to get the tears in his clothes repaired once this is all over.

As Kaseki spoke, Malm grimaced slightly. It's so nice to see you have so little faith in me. He thought as Kaseki commented on how he didn't expect Malm to do as well as he did. And it was salt on the wound as Malm remembered that the blade Kaseki lent him was specially made to fight those creatures.

That's not to say everything the treeman said was bad however. He did compliment the fact that Malm chose a weapon he had some skill with over the greatsword. Kaseki then said that his true was being able to do stuff he did know over doing something he didn't know. Malm would of disagreed that that was his true power, as he did what he believed any person with sense would of done, but allowed Kaseki to have his teacher moment.

"Thanks Kaseki." Malm said as he accepted the gift Kaseki gave him. He was still a bit unclear what exactly these fangs are for, but he was sure all will be clear in the future.

Once he had accepted the fangs, Kaseki had offered one last thing. The real thing. A one-on-one sparing match between the two of them. Xiaowei seemed to be here to prevent Kaseki other self from surfacing while also providing healing magic. That, or they could simply return to the base. Malm needed a moment to think it over.

A one-on-one sparing match against Kaseki. It's honestly a bit tempting, but I have to keep in mind my own condition. While my wounds may have healed, I've casted a good number spells. If this fight drags out to long, I could end up just wearing myself out. That's not to mention that Kaseki has a lot more experience compared to me in that regard. Even though my magic has an advantage over his, I probably wouldn't be much of a match for him. And that's not to even mention if Kodai manages to take over, then I would be as good as dead. Still, when I came out here, I was expecting to spar with him. And I could definitely use the experience.

"Sure, let's have a sparing match then. But first..." Malm said as he walked over to where his sword laid. "I do believe you mentioned that your sword was useless against you. So I shall use the weapon I know." With that, he dropped the Dragon Fang sword and picked up his own. He then looked over at Kaseki, waiting for this little sparing match to begin.

HP: 100%

Remedy Cooldown: 1 Post

Kaseki
    Kaseki

Demon of life

Demon of life

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Kaseki 14th July 2014, 8:03 am

The dark mage smiled. He had wanted a match to test his new skills, as well as an opportunity to strengthen his own friends. He watched as Malm took up his own blade. "Hmph, seeing how you struck those creatures with ease is something to note. Even though those swords are made to essentially destroy such things, they were never designed to slice through them like that." Kaseki took up his trademark weapon, Khaos. He held the sword lightly in his hand. "If you aren't prepared to kill me, then you will never learn from this battle."

Kaseki tilted the sword to rest its' tip on the cool green grass. "My methods are extreme, yes, but those that actually want to see you dead will go much further than me. And I doubt that they have a spirit standing by to make sure neither of us die." The weapon began to reshape into a single staff, a long ironbark pole. "Today there is no Dragon Fang, there is only you and me." the staff started to grow two spikes at the top. "It is only Kaseki, the Demon of Life, and Malm, the plant mage." The spikes grew to large triangle-like shapes. It was complete... it was Kaseki's scythe. "LET US BEGIN."

Kaseki dashed at the boy at full speed, carrying his weapon of choice in both hands. If Malm did not react soon, he could feel the edge of that weapon...
    Kaseki Clone 1 Cooldown: 2 Posts
    Rank C Heal Cooldown: 4 posts

timmir1
    timmir1

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by timmir1 14th July 2014, 9:34 am

"So treat this like any other fight. Alright then." Malm said as he took a battle stance. Despite what Kaseki had said though, Malm had no plans on killing him. He understand why Kaseki wanted him to prepare to do so. In a real fight, Malm might not have the choice to let his opponent live, at least, not without severe ramification. Yet it just wasn't how the plant mage operated. He was going to do everything he can to prevent himself from killing another living person.

Malm watched carefully as Kaseki charged straight towards. To Malm, Kaseki almost looked like the grim reaper with his scythe. The imagery almost was enough to spook him. Yet he didn't let this effect him as he stood his ground and bide his time. Then once Kaseki had attacked, Malm backed away from the blow before stepping forward, thrusting his blade straight towards Kaseki's chest.

Kaseki
    Kaseki

Demon of life

Demon of life

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Kaseki 17th July 2014, 3:36 pm

Kaseki felt the cold tip of the blade touch his chest. It seemed to rest on his body. "This boy needs to learn to strike me harder." Kaseki smiled as he looked at the scratch on his body.

"Aye, I'm made of metal and wood, is that how you would strike a tree?" Kaseki said. He loved to be teaching Malm something useful, especially before the caves were revealed. "I am your enemy. Find my weakness..."

Kaseki lifted his scythe to the sky, waiting for the boy to get in close again. "I have leaves and branches. What am I?" he asked.

Kaseki Clone 1 Cooldown: 1 Post1

timmir1
    timmir1

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by timmir1 17th July 2014, 5:02 pm

It seemed that Malm's fencing impulses were getting the better of him. When he had thrust his towards Kaseki's chest, he had subconsciously held himself back from using his full strength. Though that didn't seem to be the only thing that stopped Malm's blade as Kaseki's skin proved to be tougher then Malm had originally suspected it to be. This all had seemed to have amused Kaseki as he began to go on one of his short speeches while Malm took a couple steps back. From what he could tell, Kaseki really wanted Malm to treat him as a tree instead of just another person.

"So you want me to attack you like I would attack a tree? Okay then." Malm responded as he took notice of Kaseki raising his scythe. He knew getting in close would be dangerous, but he knew he didn't have much choice.

I'm gonna have to be quick about this. If not, then this is gonna hurt quite a bit. Malm thought as he lowered his stance. He then didn't waste anymore time as he quickly rushed in close towards Kaseki, keeping himself as low as possible while he did so. A quick swing of his blade soon followed this motion as Malm swept his sword towards Kaseki's legs.

Kaseki
    Kaseki

Demon of life

Demon of life

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Kaseki 18th July 2014, 10:16 am

Kaseki moved a bit to dodge the boy's attack, or rather, counter before he got near. Kaseki scoffed as he let his scythe drop down upon the boy. He obviously did not understand the metaphor. Kaseki hoped that Malm would have understood how to cut down a tree, yet it was not apparent in his actions.

"You don't cut a tree at its roots. You cut a living being, organics, at the legs, not a tree. You strike it center... where it is least thick." Kaseki thought to himself. "He must learn to fight things that aren't human. Golems can be defeated in the same manner..."

Kaseki watched the boy closely, observing his actions. With this skill, and a certain magic item known as the Scroll of Learning, he could see the power the boy had. He knew what skills he possessed, the only thing he couldn't see, was what he wanted to do.

Plant's Blessing: While Kaseki has at least a gallon of stored water, he gains 5% health once per post.

timmir1
    timmir1

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by timmir1 20th July 2014, 12:15 am

This was proving to be bad as Malm's gamble was not paying off. He wasn't able to get close enough to attack as Kaseki's scythe fell upon him. It was mostly luck he got out of that as he did. A split second of hesitation and he would have ended up with a wound a lot worse then the large gash on his side.

Malm flinched as he felt pain and something wet beginning to slide down his side. That was stupid. What was I thinking? Something like that could of got me kill. At least I know for sure now that he wasn't kidding about this fight being kill or be killed. So I really stop treating this as if I'm just dueling Robin again. Malm thought as he backed a few feet away.

Malm took staggered breathes as his right hand instinctively went to cover his wound and gripped his sword tightly with his left. There wasn't many options he had. And he could be wrong, but it seemed that the small scratch he had caused earlier had disappeared. If so, then that was a sign that things were only getting worse.

Think Malm. Your facing against a scythe user. It may have a large reach, but it's range of effectiveness is limited. So if I'm able to get close enough, then that should limit how well he can fight with that thing. Though I shouldn't put it pass Kaseki that he be prepare for such a thing.

The plant mage paused to study Kaseki for a quick second. Wait. I think I have it now. I just need to be patient and attentive, and this should work. Though I need to keep in mind that one second of hesitation could spell the end for me.

With that thought, Malm began charging straight at Kaseki again. Yet this time was different. He was obviously not aiming at the treeman's feet again, but instead looked liked he was going to go for a horizontal slash straight at Kaseki's chest. Though if he had to, Malm was prepared to parry any counters Kaseki may attempt.

HP: 100% > 90%

Kaseki
    Kaseki

Demon of life

Demon of life

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Kaseki 21st July 2014, 1:49 pm

Kaseki thought fast. He dug the blunt end of his scythe into the ground, and in a moment's notice... it changed. The scythe was nothing more than a greatsword, a long thick and wide blade. It was almost like a shield or barrier. The blade itself appeared to be of the dark metallic wood that Kaseki was made of. Kaseki smiled from behind the large sword, and in that moment he seemed to grow a twisted look in his eyes, was it Kodai? No, it was much worse... it was Kaseki's dark side

His body seemed to grow swollen, his back arched. Spikes grew and shot up from his body. The cloak ripped all over to allow this clear crystals to emerge. It was ice spikes, all over his body. It was nothing more than Kaseki's Frost thorn spell.

"I'm done playing games." the Demon of Life spoke, "NOW FIGHT ME!!"

___
    MP: 95%

Spell Used:

timmir1
    timmir1

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by timmir1 21st July 2014, 2:21 pm

Malm found his blade blocked by Kaseki's scythe now greatsword. That didn't stop Malm from pressing his sword against Kaseki's, looking the treeman as he did so. Something was wrong though. Kaseki had a strange, twisted look in his eye. Had Kodai now made an appearance? Malm couldn't really tell, but knew things were only going to get more serious from here. Not to mention how intimidating those ice spikes were.

Malm was honestly worried now. It seemed that Kaseki or Kodai had believed that Malm was playing games with him, which wasn't true. The young mage was giving it just about everything he had. What else could he really? None of his spells would really be of any use to him in this situation. All he really could do now is try to find a way pass Kaseki's defenses.

"Fine then." Malm replied as he push himself back from Kaseki. He then quickly stepped back in and began to swing his blade in a diagonal slash. He followed this up with a quick string of slashes and jabs trying to find a way pass Kaseki's defense. It would be more then obvious from how he was swinging his blade now that he was much more a fencer then an actually swordsmen.

HP: 90%

((Ugh... I gotta stop forgetting to put his current hit points under the post -_-))

Kaseki
    Kaseki

Demon of life

Demon of life

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Kaseki 22nd July 2014, 9:54 am

Kaseki held the blade vertically, blocking most of the boy's attacks. He watched the blade move lightly in his hands, quick and light strikes. The boy didn't attack to do damage with the swing, but rather, with the blade itself. That was something that interested Kaseki.

He watched the boy slash and strike at him, dealing cuts just on the outsides of his arms. He was impressed. Even though Kaseki had begun to deflect most of the strikes, he was surprised the boy could even land a few cuts.

"Better." The Demon of Life spoke. It was a cold and shallow tone. He seemed more irritated than impressed, "But not quite."

Kaseki continued to hold the blade vertically as he charged at the boy. He seemed to use the weapon as a shield for the attack. All that could be seen was the sword, and the spikes that Kaseki had.

What would happen if he hit Malm?

_____
    HP: 100% > 95% > 98% (Scarf of Healing)
    MP: 95%

timmir1
    timmir1

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by timmir1 22nd July 2014, 1:29 pm

Malm grew a little smug as one of his many strikes had actully landed. Yet that didn't last long as he saw the small cut he created beginning to heal. This is the second time he had noticed this. How is Kaseki doing that? He had to be using magic of somekind, but what? An even more important question is how he was suppose to defeat Kaseki now?

Malm tried to back off a bit to try to rethink his strategy, but Kaseki didn't seem to be having any of that as he charged forward. With how close they were, all Malm could do was react. He stepped towards his left and around Kaseki's right. He kept his sword to his right so that it was close to Kaseki. Then as they went pass each other, Malm aimed a blow towards Kaseki's right side. He doubted it would do much in the end, but it was at least better then doing nothing.

Kaseki
    Kaseki

Demon of life

Demon of life

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Kaseki 6th August 2014, 12:30 pm

The blade cut Kaseki's cloak, slicing all the way through to hit Kaseki's metal body... or was it? A simple box was revealed, as Kaseki's smile was shown. "NOW, IT'S TIME TO FINISH THIS, ONCE AND FOR ALL." The box opened up, free from the barrier of Kaseki's cloak. Kaseki shot gallons of water at Malm. He drenched the boy in water.

Kaseki fell to the ground laughing. "Keke, Malm, you have lots of potential. I want you to practice handling your weapon, you'll need that. As far as practice striking... take a heavy two handed blade and hit trees near our base, you'll find how to handle something smaller from that..." He laughed as he hid his sword behind his back under his cloak. "Today's lesson concludes. We both have things to do."

He waved to the boy as he dashed into the forest. "OTHER TIME..." He yelled in the distance.

Xiaowei stood there, watching. "I'm guessing he doesn't need to heal?" she asked.

_____
    HP: 98% -> 100% (Scarf of Healing)
    MP: 90%

Spell Used:

timmir1
    timmir1

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by timmir1 6th August 2014, 1:21 pm

As Malm slashed at Kaseki, a small smug grin appear on his face as he felt some resistance. However, as he saw what he hit, the grin faded away to a look of confusion. Malm then heard Kaseki state something about finishing this one and for all as the box open. "Flash..." Malm attempted to cast a spell, but was unable to as he was hit with a gallon of water.

The force of the attack, while not doing any real damage, was enough to knock Malm off his feet and onto his back. Dazed, he looked up as heard Kaseki say something about Malm having potential before running off to who knows where. Malm guessed that meant the sparring match was over as his head dropped to the ground again. He couldn't believe he allowed Kaseki to get one over on him like that.

Now Malm just lied there completely drenched. The gash he earned himself in the fight ached that much more as water and his wet clothes began to cling to it. At least he had an extra set of clothes in his bag just in case. He honestly couldn't see himself walking around like this. Besides, after the fight between those strange creatures and Kaseki, it looked like he's going to need to take his shirt to a tailor anyways.

Malm flinched as he sat and decided that enough was enough. He plucked a handful of grass off the ground and held it over his wound. "Rememdy" He said as a glow enveloped the wound and it began to heal. Malm sighed in relief as he felt the pain in his side begin to vanish. He then decided to just lie there alone (Or at least he thought he was alone. He had no idea if Xiaowei was still around or not.) for a little bit to regain his strength before moving on.

Remedy: 2 Post Cooldown

((I'm guessing this is where we're going to end it then.))

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 5:22 am