Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Beginning of a Grand Old Time

Zar Valarblood
    Zar Valarblood

Player 
    Lineage : None
    Position : None
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : N/A
    Experience : 1325

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Shadow Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Beginning of a Grand Old Time Empty Beginning of a Grand Old Time

Post by Zar Valarblood 28th August 2016, 11:56 am

After finally receiving his passport and now being able to travel the world as he saw fit, Zar felt it was high time that he find himself a guild to call home and to make his fortunes. He was low on provisions, low on money, and would soon grow hungry unless he made it into a guild soon. Before leaving Hargeon Town he had found out that a guild calling itself Sabertooth had set up its own town called Ace of Spades. It was here he would make his first, and hopefully last trip to a guild. They were said to be strong, virtuous, and faithful guildmates and those were qualities that Zar could appreciate in a guild.

Finally, after a long arduous trip by carriage, they finally arrived in Ace of Spades. Even from just entering the front gate, the town was bustling with activity. All present were vibrant, livid, and carefree as they drank, shopped, conversed, and gazed in wonder at the hometown of Sabertooth. Zar found himself joining these folk in beholding the sights that lie before him. He never imagined a guild owning its own town, much less a castle and a town. The carriage took him all the way through town and up to the castle doors which towered above him, belittling him in its shadow. Zar payed and thanked the carriage driver as he stood at the door, taking a calm breath before lighting his pipe and strolling into the guild hall. The moment he entered, the deafening sounds of drunken merriment flooded his cranium and took a short while for him to adjust to. The interior of the hall was massive with plenty of room for dozens of tables, chairs, pool tables, a large stretched out bar, and stage for performances. He stay in place as he puffed on his pipe and scanned the room, looking for someone of import who could fill him in with a more detailed explanation of the guild's operations.
    Roy the Chanter
    Roy the Chanter

Player 
    Experience : 1,050

Beginning of a Grand Old Time Empty Re: Beginning of a Grand Old Time

Post by Roy the Chanter 28th August 2016, 12:42 pm

There was new comer in the halls, or at least so Roy had thought. He'd never seen him before but he had to admit. He liked the cut off his jib. Roy approached the man wading through the consistently celebratory environment of the guildhall, man he loved this place. Roy approached the pipe smoker, saying. "Welcome to sabertooth! What brings you here?" Roy had grabbed a couple of drinks before he walked over and offered one to the man now. He gave him a wide smile as he talked. He enjoyed welcoming new folks into the guild, remembering his own first time in the guild, and the joy he felt from their warm welcome. There was nothing like it, and so he made sure to do his best to uphold that kind of welcome. "If your hungry it would be my pleasure to buy you a meal." Roy offered to the man.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Jobs Completed

| D: 1 | C: 1 | B: 2 | A: 0 | S: 0 | Y: 0 | 10Y: 0 | 100Y: 0 |
    Zar Valarblood
    Zar Valarblood

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Zar Valarblood 28th August 2016, 12:53 pm

As Zar stood puffing his pipe and scanning the room, he found his eyes falling upon the man approaching him with two great jugs of drink and found himself being offered one and a meal. He'd made it, he thought to himself. This was exactly the kind of guild he could get behind and make his mark on the world. He graciously accepted the man's offer, "Thank you good sir. I must say your guild far exceeds the expectations of the world it resides in. Tell me friend, what does it take for one to become part of this establishment?" He grabbed the glass and chugged the drink down to wet his dry throat and slammed it down, drained of its contents, smiling back at the man. "Also, before I forget to ask, what do they call you? I am Zar Valarblood."
    Roy the Chanter
    Roy the Chanter

Player 

Post by Roy the Chanter 28th August 2016, 4:38 pm

"My name is Roy. It's a pleasure to meet you Zar!" Roy responded to the man keeping his smile. He lead him through the crowds towards the bar where they could order food. He ordered something for himself and whatever it was that Zar wanted, paying for their meal and tipping.

He lead him to a table and took a large pitcher of alcohol with him as well a a few shot glasses, pouring one for each of them. Roy spoke saying. "To get in to the guild, you'll just need the masters permission. All kinds of people of all kinds of talents are accepted. As for what our guild stands for-"

Roy smiled wryly quoting the man Ryo who had welcomed him into the guild. “The Sabertooth guild has long held three core values above all others, and we act as a family due to those values. We forge our path under the broad stroke of the phrase “Strength of Spirit” One strong spirit can raise a thousand, a thousand strong spirits can raise a world. We stand together as one strong or meek and bare the fangs that we have. To narrow it down we hold three key virtues high above all others. They are Conviction, Faith, and Selflessness. Each of our guild aces are so appointed to the position of Paragon of one of these values because they have demonstrated said virtue with such clarity and truth that they have impressed the guild master. Onto the main matter Membership is not as exclusive as one might think, but if you agree to uphold these three core virtues and do your best to have a strong spirit, we welcome you with open arms.”

"What do you think Zar, can you make the cut?"

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Jobs Completed

Zar Valarblood
    Zar Valarblood

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Zar Valarblood 28th August 2016, 5:02 pm

*Scarfing down his steak and potatoes meal that Roy so graciously paid for, and washed it down with the shots he had poured. Looking up from his meal, he listened to Roy speak with the conviction of someone who believed the words he was relaying to Zar. This was an honorable man who stood by what he believes he's seen in the guild and wishes for Zar to see.

Zar straightened up and looked Roy dead in the eyes, analyzing him for any hint of doubt in his words and made his decision. "Roy. I only just met you, and for all I know you could be playing me like a fiddle for some unknown agenda. That's what I would think if I hadnt already seen the conviction in your eyes as you spoke. I believe you and believe this guild is exactly what im looking for."

Roy the Chanter
    Roy the Chanter

Player 

Post by Roy the Chanter 30th August 2016, 2:57 pm

Roy smiled at the man, pushed his shot nearer to him and and raised up his own in the fashion of a toast. "To new beginnings, new friends, wonderful adventures, and of course, to Sabertooth!"

Roy drank his shot quickly and set the glass down, he wasn't sure if the man was up for another or was any kind of drinker. But he got his pipe out anyways. He showed it to the man motioning for him to take it.

"I see your a fan of the old pipe yourself, that's all to uncommon these days. What do you think of this one? It's simple enough, just a classical briar wood, I like to pack it with a tobacco they call Highland's Clouds. What is your pipe and tobacco like Zar?"

Jobs Completed

Zar Valarblood
    Zar Valarblood

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Zar Valarblood 30th August 2016, 3:08 pm

"My pipe is of the Meerschaum variety good sir." He rebuked as he packed his bowl and proceeded to light it. "The tobacco i'm using currently is Perique. It has a spicy flavor to it which I am very fond of. I also have a much sweeter flavor called Virginia tucked away in my overcoat lining for when I wish to try something else. It's good to have options for yourself when it comes to smoking a pipe." Zar chuckled and puffed a few smoke rings into the air and watched them float to the ceiling before dissipating. He then graciously gripped the shot and downed it quickly as the hard liquor tickled his throat on the way down. He shot a quick turning glare at Roy and looked him dead in the eyes while producing his empty glass in front, "Roy... fill these glasses up. We're going to drink until we have no recollection of what's to come."

Current date/time is 19th April 2024, 6:01 am